Chance

In the city

Chapter 15 : Chance

 

Bom hadn't any role model in her life. When she was young there was surely her mother, but their lives were too different to be compared now. She had live in the country side until eight, then her parents had inherited from parent lointain and send her to a good school in town. She handled things alone, learned to work hard, she was so far from her family that she had become a lonely atome in this world. In ten years she only saw them twice : when she graduated and got a scholarship to go to highschool and when she won that school singer contest. Her parents didn't show much interest but they truly loved her, it's just that they belonged to another time where life was simpler and harder, seing her dream of becoming a singer as a childish behaviour. When she abandoned high school she didn't told her parents and only wrote a letter, a lie, explaining she had succeeded and was studying in college. Since, she struggled.

Luckily, someone took care of her when she was in middle school, it was a worker in charge of watching and helping children in a welcome center. This woman was now dead but she would always remind her as a second mother. She is the only one apart from Dara that believe in her dream, who said : « if you work hard, people would recognize your talent my litttle flower » it was a pet name she had given to children. They were all her little flowers while she was sheltering them as a kind tree. She smiled at that thought.

 

« Unnie ? Is everything fine ? »

Bom came back to reality. She was suppose to arrange some clothes when Lee Michele woke her up.

« Oh yeah, I just recalled some memories... By the way, how was that music contest ? Minji and Hayi were there also, did all of you had fun ? »

Michele's face fell when she remembered what happenned to Hayi, how she had look sad and angry at that mean boy. She had to find a proper answer, Bom was so overprotective with everything that came to Hayi.

« I think she enjoyed it, she made good friends at school... and Minji was here to look over her. »

« I work too much, I wish I could spend more time with her... », Bom sighed.

 

« Bom ! I've got good news for you ! » It was Gummy, who was in charge of this shop, had start a little later this morning. Bom and Michele welcomed her taking her bags thankful to have a boss like this wise and considerate woman.

« Bom I met a friend of mine this morning, we went to some classes together and well, he is running a bar and need a singer for saturday nights. I told him about you so you've got an interview tomorrow morning my dear. »

« Unnie I love you ! », said Bom excited. After the swindle she tought she was cursed, then she had met Gummy that offered her a job and decided to help her to realise her dream by talking to her many friends.

 

 

The blond woman was waiting at the terrace of a cafe, playing on her phone. Hanbin was nervous but he knew he had to talk to his noona. Chaerin didn't smile when she saw him arrive so he just sit down quietly. She took off her sunglasses and stared coldly at him.

« I think you own me some explanations Kim Hanbin. »

Hanbin gulped and diverted his gaze, he was ashamed. But he wanted to change things and took his courage in both hands.

« I'm sorry noona, I'm an idiot I know but as from now I promise I'll changed and finish to fix my mistakes. », he said sincerely.

« Hanbin-ah, I know you stop stealing, that you cut contact with your hyung, and I'm proud of your action. But now your main mistake is Hayi, you've been a jerk to her you know it and you regret it right ? »

« But noona what to do ? I apologized and she said she needed time to forgive me... »

« You surely don't have a way with girls », she sighed. « You have to go to her again, try to talk to her again Hanbin, Hayi is a smart girl she'll listen... »

« I hope so... »

« You like her right ? », she inquired. Hanbin's face reddened.

« What... no... I don't know... », he sighed soundly. « Before her, I was just mocking girls, find them absurd, but with Lee I'm different, she reminds me of my mother ans sister. I don't want to hurt her again... »

Hanbin was starting to like Hayi but he never felt this kind of love before and didn't know how to manage it. Chaerin sensed the love that was blooming in the boy's heart and finaly smiled. For now, Hanbin was clueless but soon he would figure it out.

 

 

Choi Seunghyun was determined to catch the dragon as everybody said. At first, he just wanted to help Dara, and then Bom, but when he studied Kwon Jiyong's case and read all the people he made miserable, he decided he would show the case to his boss. But he can't, Dara didn't agree yet. So, for now, he was just investigating. He had had the idea to contact his hyung Teddy who was a detective, he wanted to ask him how they could resolve the threat that was weighing on Dara's head.

 

He walked into Teddy's office and sat down quietly to let him finish something on his computer.

« Fine, explain me the situation Seunghyun-ah », Teddy said finaly facing him.

« Well... you know Dara ? »

« Yes she is so nice that girl, is there a problem with her ? »

« Yes... well, at first, she simply wanted to help her friend Bom who had been swindle, the crook goes by the name of G-Dragon, I think you know him... Anyway, she started to inquired about him and throw herself in this casino, YG's casino... The problem is that she made a deal with YG to give him G-Dragon discreetly and when YG implied to make her work for him she blurted out that she knew the police ! Now, GD and YG worked together and we don't know what would happened to Dara... she doesn't seem to react for the moment... », Seunghyun explained angry and worried at the same time. He knew they had gone too far but they would go as far as possible for a friend.

« Hmm, this is delicate... Seunghyun, I'll be honest Dara is in danger, YG is powerful, where is she hidding ? », Teddy was frowing, because they were his friends he was more concerned tahn anybody.

« She is hidding at Youngbae's... »

« Who is he ? » Things were getting more complicated for Top, could he tell about his friends' confessions ? Would Chaerin and Youngbae approved to have their past expose to the police ? Yet it was Teddy. So, he told him that they started to know the dragon so well that they knew his former friends. Analysing the situation Teddy finaly said :

« For now keep her there... but you have to know that Dara could be useful for our case about YG, she could be called before the Court if we had enough evidences. »

« I don't know if she would agree... »

« Hmm for now don't tell her... I'll try to put more means on YG's case... »

« And for G-Dragon ? »

« We are about to catch him... »

 

 

There was a bunch of credit cards on his desk, all of them belonged to casino's customers. Jiyong was hacking and then controling them thanks to his laptop. It had been a week he was like this at his desk, doing what YG asked him to do. He knew it was YG's little revenge to give boring work, under his level. Suddenly, he threw his chair on the opposite wall and kicked his desk in anger, all the cards falling on the floor.

« He believes I'm an ... that old man... wait and see... »

 

He needed to find her if he wanted to ruin YG. He started thinking where he could find her, then remembered Youngbae's words : « That's it ! », he exclaimed.

He took his coat and slammed the door close as he walked with quick steps to YB's danceclub.

 

 

*******

Hello sweeties! Thank you so much for that +70 subscribers! and upvotes! It means a lot to me to pursue this story:)

I don't have much time to write though because of my studies, it's a tough year, but I'll udpate when I can:)

Watch Epik High's Born Hater it's so good, happy birthday to Kim Hanbin by the way!

Kisses,

-wanderingmood