Arrest

In the city

Chapter 19 : Arrest

 

Jiyong hid himself from the world. Since his birth to his death he would hide. His parents didn't want him, he had been a burden to his mother and his father soon left their little flat. Alone by himself most of the time, he had masked this lack of love with imagination, he created worlds of his own where he had different lives. At school, he was the one that could tell the most incredible stories so well you believed him. He adored to desguised himself with old and fancy clothes which he found at school or in his block's storeroom. He was a smart child, talkative with either passerby, playing humourously with words thanks to his readings. The will to contrast with his family was so strong that when he became adolescent he was barely at home, ignoring his depressed and drunker mom who never cared about him. He left the flat and the mom when he entered highschool, living at his hyungs'. Everybody were dealing and consuming drugs, so he did both naturally. Because he had nothing but his weared out clothes and backpack, he started to steal things as cellphones, accessories, food. But all of this wasn't really him, he was hiding behind a gangster image. When he abandoned Youngbae, his real best friend, the one that told him to stop those bulls, he immersed himself completly in a new character : G-Dragon, a sort of gentleman crook, who strip you with a childish smile. Of course he blamed himself, he had ruined some people's lives, the honest ones because sly people always find a way to give their to somebody else. Even if he made the most of his profession : partying hard, buying expensive brands and cars, chicks, he had always to hide every single move he made now he was a police's target. The fear to be betrayed by the ones he asociated with was also there, he almost get killed three times, he knew what the meanest business men and delinquents were capable of. When you deal with them, you have to watch your every move, simply you have to watch constantly your environment. What you did wasn't forgotten, you can't do as it pleased without consequences. So, he continued to hide, hide his money and goods, his tight links, his feelings, his soul.

He felt he wasn't human anymore. He had really liked some of his friends as Youngbae, Chaerin, Hanbin... but he felt like they would be better without him messing everything everytime. He didn't deserved to be loved. He accepted prison very well, he wouldn't killed himself that would disrespectful after Youngbae and Dara's move, and he didn't want it either. A glimpse of hope had survived nevertheless.

 

Jiyong was waiting for the police to find him. The view of the Han river was apaising. Water, this natural element so powerful that could sweep all this man crap.

In a sudden movement he raised his arm and threw his phone in the river mightily. He couldn't erase the past, but he could destroy all his contacts which tied him to the illegal world. It was at the same time a vain atempt, those people always have their means to find you. But it was a way to clean his clouded mind a while, to hide himself a little more.

 

 

Song Minho was running along the Han river like his life depended on it. Disheveled, to the limits of asphixia, he stopped abruptly scanning the area, searching for G-Dragon. He narrowed his eyes desperatly, he was exhausted, moreover dusk was breaking.

Suddenly, he saw him on his left, a few meters further. He swooped swiftly on him without hesitation.

 

Jiyong heard loud and quick steps approaching and turned his head to know the source of this noise... only to be welcomed by Minho's fist.

Jiyong winced in pain surprised by this sudden attack whereas he was thinking his troubles far from him. Minho punched him so hard that his nose was bleeding excluding his badly bruised cheek.

Minho was going to punch him again but Jiyong flinged himself on his legs to avoid it which lead them to fall. Minho let out a cry of pain when his body crashed on the concrete. Jiyong stood up first trying to get some balance. Both were breathless. Minho was coughing still on the floor, his lungs begging for some air. After his marathon and boxing match, he was running out of energy.

Jiyong looked at the panting boy with curiousity, did he knew him ? He was about to ask him when he heard a police siren.

Minho spited and gathered his last reserves of strength to stand up and ran away from the coming police. Jiyong watched him leave in daze but didn't move. No matter who was that boy, he got more serious things to face. Alone, now and there.

 

 

Four or three police cars were surrounding him, some policemen were pointing their guns at him. Jiyong didn't think they would find him so soon, he thought they will welcomed him at his flat. YG really wanted to get rid of him, to shut him down. He raised his hands in submission and they roughly took him in the car, almost knocking him out. During the ride to the police station, they eyed him curiously wondering why he didn't flee. Jiyong on his side was wearing his poker face seeming not affected by the events.

Once they arrived they carefully lead him to a cell between baby-faced thiefs and passed out drunkers. He was put in custody. He knew the questioning would come next.

Jiyong sighed in his little greyish cell, touched his bruised face and, for the first time of his life, wished for someone to help him. This time he didn't want to hide.

 

 

Lee Hayi was exiting the school hastily, she wanted to escape this disaster. The second she received the notification from the headmaster's office, she knew she had reach the limits of the acceptable. Last month, she failed in every subjects worrying about Bom, Hanbin, money, job... She had fell behind in her homework. She had hang out more with the girls, was talking to many classmates now, helping anyone who was asking her. She lost herself, forgot why she was here. She was here to work and hard. That's why she came to Seoul in the most prestigious highschool : to be graduate successfully to go the best schools of Korea to have a good job to build a solid future. For short, what everybody dreamed of... or not. The city was full of many roles and she didn't know the one she would choose to play, what kind of character she would have to build besides 'the unknown girl from the countryside entering the most well-known highschool of her country'. A story about a upward mobility ? The success story of a poor girl ? Or the story of a girl who fly to close to the sun ? An idiot who let herself mislead by the city ? She didn't know and life wasn't as simple, but for sure her present actions influenced her close future. So, she had to work her , damn it !

 

She opened her flat's door and smiled when she saw Bom's shoes in the entrance.

« Hayi baby ! Welcome back home ! Do you want some chocolate ? I did the groceries. », Bom welcomed her warmly. Hayi felt joy the rare moments when Bom was at home early, sharing tea and biscuits.

She joined her in their mini kitchen and took the mug of hot chocolate which Bom was hanging her. She seated on the floor and drank the chocolate giving her body a warm feeling, it was a remedy to her heart and mind after being scolded at school. She remembered the despising face of the headmaster pointing out her recent fails, he even threatened about her scholarship : « Lee-shi, if you are not doing better the next two weeks, I think I will have to ask the council about your scholarship. You have to deserve your presence here. » It worried her so much, she couldn't afford the school's fees which means that she would be kicked out if she didn't wake up now.

« Hayi-ah, what's with the gloomy face ? You aren't happy to see me ? », worried Bom asked her. Hayi didn't answer and then :

« Unnie... »

« Yes ? »

« Do you love me ? »

« Of course Hayi-ah. » and Bom hugged her tightly. They stayed a while like this, then Bom offered her to set her coming singing premiere at the bar. « Even if I hope you'll tell me what's wrong, it will change your mind. I don't know which dress to wear. And I can tell you who I invite... »

« Who ? »

« Do you remember Dara unnie ? Yes, I also invite this idiot Seunghyun so you could meet him... and some of my old friends. It'll be great, you'll see ! »

 

 

*****

Finally, after one month! Time is so fast! It sadden me not to be able to write but I had to concentrate a bit for school and simply cannot do two at the same time. Here a full chapter about Jiyong, a bit depressing I agree u_u. Next time, Bom and Dara will meet again!! *^*

Stay tune chingus~~!!

Hope you had a merry christmas!

Love,

-wanderingmood