Heartbreaker

In the city

Chapter 3 : Heartbreaker

 

 

Park Bom was not the type to fall easily into tricks, she did see some of those crooks that try to persuade people in order to steal them. She has been blinded by her desire, but also despair. You wished something for so long, something that you work hard for and pray everyday for, but that never came. All you have are failures.You start to loose self confidence, you doubt about everything you made. You are feeling that you are not in your proper place. You are finally feeling despressed, and when a man that seems a trustworthy person is suddenly lighting your life by offering a dream day, what will you do ? She chose to accept this devilish deal.

However, Park Bom was not a bitter woman, she accepted what she did. Her goal was now to move forward. She will continue her job as a barmaid, while keeping searching some opportunities to sing. Instantly, she was feeling better thinking all of this.

 

« Unnie ? »

It was Hayi's voice. Bom turns to the young girl worried face. She came back to reality and reassured Hayi :

« You know what ? I think I like to work in this clothes store. I met a nice girl. »

« Really ? So, I wanted to say that I received a call from the convenient store that isn't far from home. I get the job ! » A large smile was lighting up Hayi's face. Bom felt proud of her.

« Oh I'm so happy for you Hayi ! Even if it's because of me you have to take a job... »

« Don't fell guilty unnie ! I'm happy to experienced some work and my parents agree if I don't neglect school. »

« Then, you're right ! » She takes her the shoulder : « Bom and Hi the strongest girls of the world ! » And they giggled.

 

 

 

 

Lee Hayi was in her cashier uniform greeting the customers and scanning their items. It has been her second day working, the first one she had been explained the rules of the store and trained as a cashier. She was also asked to help fulfilling the shelves or cleaning the store. She had have a few customers when her manager introduced her to her colleague that had just arrived :

« Lee-shi, this is Kim Hanbin, your co-worker. Do well ! »

… WHAT ? Hayi's brain stopped to work for several seconds. It was the worst day of her life.

« Shut your mouth, you look like an idiot ! »

Indeed, Hayi was gaping at him, shocked. She pulls herself together and simply says: « Hello. » and turned back. She decided to ignore him as much as possible, she didn't care of this boy and what he would say to her.

Hanbin for his part, was a bit surprised that she did not show much expression. So far, when he had provoked her she had just called him a jerk, she did not even raised her voice once. This girl was strong, even when he spilled the bottle she kept her head up in front of everybody. She had walked to the toilets crossing all the cafetaria holding her head high. He decides to ignore her as well, he was here to work, not to play bully.

 

 

 

 

They keep to ignore each other all the afternoon. Sometimes they would throw secret glance when the other wasn't looking. I was soon time to close and Hayi was seating at her till waiting for some last hour customers while Hanbin was fulfilling the shelves.

Hanbin can't stop thinking about the fact that he should apologize to her, but it angered him to feel that guilty for this girl. Maybe he had gone too far ? He made the decision to have a talk with her.

Hayi wasn't paying attention when gripped her arm and took her at the end of the store. Hayi did'nt react and was too tired to, she lets him taking her. When he stopped, he was from behind and she waited for his explanation. He finally faced her with a bothered expression.

« Country girl, I... »

« I've got a name », she cuts him. Yes she was tired but now she this boy had woke her anger up. She was actually a calm person, but with the last events, hate had grew in her. If it was not to apologize that he took her there, she will explosed and released her anger on him.

Hanbin found it hard to choose the right word, if he wasn't careful he will be mean to her again because of his anxiety. But of course he cannot stop himself to make the mistake :

« Eh calm down ! Listen to what I have to say... »

And what had to happen happended : Hayi explosed.

« You listen to me ! If you're not here to apologize then leave ! I don't want to see you ! I don't care about you ! Your friend tried to persuade me you're good, but all I see is a mean and rude guy ! A jerk ! Stop teasing me please ! What did I do to you ? Stop speaking to me ! »

She can't stop herself and started to cry under the pression. Damn, she was at work. Hanbin being the object of all her hate, the boy can't stand doing nothing and start to argue :

« You've got seriously a problem ! You're nobody to talk to me like that ! You don't know what I'm capable of ! You, stupid, you're such a... a... Argh ! You're such a... »

« Say it ! I'm a ? »

She looked at him in the eyes daring him to say the word. He didn't want to insult her, he wanted to apologize. He breathes heavily :

« Hmm well, no... I didn't want to say that, I... » He tries to approach her but she steps back. She was in a bad state : she was shaking while tears were rolling down her face. She was just an innocent girl. The image of his little sister crossed his mind, this girl reminds him of his precious sister. She wasn't like the others who were fake and ready to betray to obtain glory. Her tears burden him, he feels so guilty. In a way, he had just wanted to warn her, but it turns into jealousy in front of her courage. He instinctly put his hands on her arms and said :

« Sorry... I'm so sorry to make you cry, stop it please... I'm really really so- »

« LEAVE HER ALONE !! »

Hanbin stops in his tracks. He turns his head an sees a woman pointing her finger at him. She seemed angry. Where is she coming from ? She carries on :

« Stop pushing girls you heartbreaker ! Oh poor girl... »,separating him from Hayi. Hayi was too shocked by Hanbin's actions to react. The poor boy tries to jusify himself :

« You're wrong ! I was consolating her ! »

« I saw you ! You made cry ! I'll report this to you manager, no mercy for heartbreakers like you ! »

This woman is a total fool, he thinks. He looked at her gobsmacked as she was going to report the incident to his manager grabing Hayi by her shoulder.

 

 

 

 

« Kim, you're fired ! »

« But excuse me, there's a misunderstanding... » he tried to protest.

« Listen, there's rules as don't mix work with pleasure. It's forbidden to have relationship at work and I'm just keeping Lee because this lady insists that it was you're fault. »

« That's not fair, I was consolating her ! »

« Kim you're fired, you understand ? I hope you'll learn this lesson and find another job, sorry. »

« I'm the one to be sorry.» he said as he slammed the door leaving.

The manager turns to Hayi and the woman :

« I have to close now. »

« Thank you for keeping me as your employee manager-nim. »said Hayi in a respectful tone. She can't believe that Hanbin has been fired. She had been to tired to argue with this women persuaded that Hanbin breaks her heart and other love story trash. She looked at her : she was smiling as she had just saved her.

« Where do you live ? I'll drive you home if you want. » she proposed nicely. Hayi doesn't know what do, this women had ruined Hanbin who was starting to apologize to her. She was the one to feel guilty now. She observes her : she had brown hair arranged in a high bun, she was wearing simple jeans and a strange t-shirt saying « Upholder of the law » under her coat.

« Oh, I didn't introduced myself, my name is Park Sandara »

« Lee Hayi » she answers shaking her hand.

« So, want me to drive you ? You seem tired. »

« Ok, I live at two blocks from here, it's not far. Thank you very much to drive me. »

She decided to trusted this women who seem so nice, she reminds her of her unnie, always strong to help the others.

« By the way, call me Dara, it's shorter. »

« Okay » They went in the car. Dara starts the engine and in a talking mood she asks :

« You live with your parents ? »

« No with Bom unnie » she answers tiredly. « She is my cousin. » she explained.

« Bom ? It's funny my best friend got the same name. What's her entire name ? »

« Park Bom »

« PARK BOM ! As my Park Bom ? »

Hayi didn't understand what this unnie mean, she seems all excited hearing her unnie's name. She signaled that they arrived. She hadn't the time to go down the car that Dara had already slammed her door and ran to the building. When Hayi finished to climb up the stares, she witnesses the noisy reunion of Park Bom and Park Sandara.

« Kyaaaaaa !!! My sistaaaaa !!! » they screamed, waking up all the block.

 

 

*******

Anyeong!

Meet Dara in this chapter, ha poor Hanbin u_u they were starting to speak normaly to each other.

What will happened  with the Park Sisters reunion?

Comment if you like this chapter <3

Next chapter will arrived other characters, guess who...

Enjoy!

 

wanderingmood