Sorry

In the city

Chapter 17 : Sorry

 

Jiyong lighted a cigarette and became mute after his revelation. He got a melancolic look in his eyes as he exhaled the smoke. Lots of questions were crossing Youngbae's mind as he was watching his former friend. First, Jiyong came back towards him after all those years not because he wanted to apologize but because he needed help after messing with someone stronger than him. During all those years, he had devoted himself to swindle people, make them loose the money they needed, ruin the life of some of them : being a crook as became his profession. All these years, he never came to apologize, ten years of silence ! And now he was apologizing and asking the permission to take one of his friends in his mess !Youngbae was mad with him.

The idea of Jiyong being in jail was like revenge, but it also was the way to teach him a lesson, he had to suffer the consequences of his offences, he had to pay society for his mistakes. Jiyong realised it long time ago and, even he was hoping he would get through, he deeply knew the price of his acts.

 

However, Youngbae couldn't erase the affection he had built towards his chilhood friend during their youthful times. In some way, he wanted Jiyong to get better, find a proper life like him. He believed Jiyong, he didn't know why because the man could be so manipulative, but he did believe him. He knew Jiyong will be arrested and that he had to help him to lower the sentence by his testimony. But could he do this ? Jiyong didn't help him years ago.

They were young back then, they made many mistakes, and even if Jiyong didn't help him that day, he did the ones before. By the way, Jiyong was the only best friend he ever had. The one who had taken all the blame when they were fighting in the treets with the other kids. He had been hurt but it healed. He coped, learned to have confidence in people again. Finaly, he had forgive him.

« I forgive you. »

 

Jiyong raised his head and looked at him in the eyes, hopeful. Did he heard him right ? He gived Youngbae a faint smile. Youngbae didn't smiled back but his forehead wasn't forming a frown anymore. They were both relieved.

 

« I promise I won't hurt her, I just need her to testimony in my favour. »

« Anyway, I'll be watching you. », Youngbae answered. « Actually, I know other people who could help you... Dara had involved some people in her trouble. »

« Is that so ? » Jiyong smiled remembering the girl's pretty face.

« I'll talk to them about you, and don't bother, we will surely know when you will got arrested by the police, I knows someone who got relations. »

« Thank you. That's all I can say. And I apologize again to you, I'm a bastard. » Jiyong did really assumed it, he was full of remorse to have screw up his friendship with Youngbae.

« Well... now you can only pray that the judge will save your . » He paused. « You know what ? You're lucky, she couldn't resolve herself to denounce you whereas her friends were encouraging her to. »

« I wish I meet her soon. », he said a real smile printed on his face. « I'll see what I can do to keep YG away from her. » He stood up and they shaked hands in peace sign before he leaved.

 

 

Hayi is terribly nervous this morning, she is blaming herself to have a meeting alone with Hanbin whereas her friend Jennie is in love with him. But as Minji said she had to clear the situation, including her feelings. She couldn't like him. By the way, it was stupid to love him, he was surely despising her. He believed she was an idiot who help other people who would give her nothing but cold stare in return. But Hayi believes that little gestures can help to make life better.

Before going upstairs, she had meet Jennie who had talk about Hanbin again and how yesterday was nice, that he had been kind to her. Hayi was a bit annoyed by Jennie's everyday speech about Hanbin but she couldn't be jealous of her, she was her first friend when she arrived here.

She was feeling didgust and guilty about herself : she wasn't doing well at school and she liked her friend's crush. So, she climbed the stairs a bit depressed.

 

When she pushed the rooftop door Hanbin was already here. He turned earing her and smiled. Smiled. Why was he smiling ? Anyway, his smile is beautiful Hayi thought, and she admited he was handsome with the sky behind him like a painting. She came closer to listen to what he had to say.

 

« Lee, I mean Hayi-ssi, hum no... Can I call you Hayi ? », he asked her a bit clumsy.

« If you want » It was weird t heard her name in his mouth, it was the first time. The firt time he was smiling so brightly at her too. She spoke :

« It's good to see you smile, Jinhwan told me you're doing a lot better. You know Jennie really likes you so take care of her. I know we aren't even friends but I think you understand that I care for my friends. » That's it, she had said everything.

Hanbin looked at her confused. It was already hard for him to express his feelings but why was she getting all wrong ?

« Why are you talking about your friend ? » Hayi frowned but he continued. « I'll do things properly. Hayi, I apologize for hurting you whereas you was helping me. »

« I forgive you Hanbin. », she called him by his name. She had already forgive him long ago, she had just need time to understand her feelings for him.

« Heard you speak developed new ideas in me and also new feelings. You're a strong girl. »

Suddenly, he took her hands in his. Hayi stepped back but he kept her hands firmly and looked deeply in her eyes.

« Thank you. », he said. She simply nodded. « I'll tell why I'm smiling, it's because I'm making efforts to be kind to you like I'm with my friends, to be helpful to you as you was with me. »

« But I didn't do anything, I thought you were smiling because of Jennie... »

« No, I was smiling because of you. Hayi-ah... I think I l- »

« Don't say that ! I don't what you trying to do but don't say it ! », she cutted him panicked. Hanbin was bewildered and let her hands go feeling the cold wind.

« I accept your apologize and I'm glad you realise your mistakes, I'm happy for you, but please let's stop here. » She forced a smile, a heart was beating so fast. « I will go now, have a nice day Hanbin. »

« You too Hayi » but she had already left hastily. He sighed. What was wrong with her ? He had simply wanted to signify her that he apreciate her as a friend, that she was someone special, making him feel better. He was feeling rejected but worried for the girl at the same time. Her face had seemed so dull or sad. He resolved himself to try harder, to find the reason she was acting strange towards him.

Hanbin really liked Hayi, he didn't know if it was love, but he needed to see her, to be near her.

 

 

« Annyeonghaseyo ! », Bom greeted a client. « Do you know our brand ? I- », she stopped mid-sentence : the client was Choi Seunghyun. He flashed her a cheeky smile :

« Hi Bom-ssi ! Aren't you happy to see me ? »

Bom pouted, every time she saw him he would always make fun of her with some remark and she would yell at him until he go away. They were always bickering about who was right on different subjects as threatened fishs by intensive fishing or the names and the relationships between the royal family members.

« What do you want ? », she asked him.

« I came to take you somewhere after work, have some time together just me and you. », he was staring at her intently, so she averted her eyes.

« How do you know my schedule ? Anyway, I think we spend enough time together, I had surely do something bad in my past life to have such a bad luck ! We always meet on the street, you call me at night to tell me some informations about the case as if I was a retarted person ! », she started to argue, it was stronger than her.

« Aish, will shut up ! Don't get that I want to make up with you ? », he explained his voice becoming louder. « I just think it was good for once to act as responsible adults whereas yelling at each other like we are doing now ! », he shouted in the end. Bom had stop scoffing and screaming remembering she was in the shop ans that the potential clients will flee if they continued their scene.

 

« What would it be when you'll be married you two ? Hurry, we have to close, here are your coat and bag unnie, go with Seunghyun-ssi, I'll closed the shop, don't worry. » It was Michele who was coming from the basement and heard the couple argument. Bom and Seunghyun looked at her bewildered, then Seunghyun hurried Bom to dress in silence. Once Bom finished struggling with her coat, they opened the door stuttering « ok-okay, thank yo-ou, Mi-ichele... See you ! » and Michele laughed at how akward they became when she spoke about marriage.

 

They were walking silently in Seoul's lighted streets, the weather was becoming colder this month so Bom shivered. She was warming her hands when Seunghyun's arm encircled her. She looked up at him and they smiled. Soon they started to laugh at their stupidity.

« Well, you was right, I feel like to hang out tonight, it's always better than to argue with a stubborn man. », Bom admited. Joy was overwhelming them.

« Sure, otherwise I would have become deaf with that hysteric woman. », he answered. She slapped his arm gently and he chuckled.

« What about a family restaurant ? You seem to eat a lot for a lady. »

« Seunghyun !! »

 

 

**********

Hello~ Here a sweet chapter, aren't they beautiful to forgive each other? keke~

Dear, I didn't expect this when I first started this story: +100 subscribers! Guys I'm so touched, thank you very much for your support! ^3^ Don't hesitate to comment on this story if it diverts you, and I accept cristism even if I warn you: I do this as a hobby so it's written clumsily, but I think I improve when I see the 1st chapter x) Thank you again for liking this messy story!

You make my heart warm~

Hugs

-wanderingmood