Girls

In the city

Chapter 1 : Girls

 

Lights. Only ligths around her. And of every colors : red, blue, purple, yellow, green, orange... They are distording, and then, they form letters, letters lighting everywhere. She raise her head, they are even in the sky, she can't see the night sky, its stars. The lights come closer and the space becomes narrow. The lights are closing up. She starts to suffocate. The lights make her blind, but she can read something... : shop. She can't breath now.

 

« Hayi ! »

The air is once again filling her lungs. She opens her eyes : day light.

« Hayi ! You'll be late ! » said Bom.

She wakes up, blinking her eyes and raise her head to her cousin : " I'm getting up ! »

« Hurry up » she yells once again, « I've to go working »

Hayi gets up and do her morning routine as quickly as she can. She almost breaks a glass and dress her shirt on the wrong side, but she is ready.

« My kiss ! »

Hayi place a kiss on Bom's cheek : « See you later ! »

 

Outside was a cloudy day. She walks to her metro station to go her school.

It was all new to her, it has been just two weeks that she arrived in Seoul, the capital city. Before, she lived in a town in the west of Seoul where the big city influence was so strong that most of the people were working in there. Now, she is in the city where she can succeed and study to have a job that she likes. Her family is proud of her and she doesn't want to disappoint them.

 

She finally succeeds to escape the crowded metro and walks to her school. This is one of the best renowned highschool in Seoul and all Korea. She passed an admission exam. She likes studying here because teachers are far better than the ones she would have if she stays in a normal highschool.

She greets her friends Eunbi and Jennie. They knew each other for years but accepted Hayi in their group. She takes her seat and wait for her Korean teacher. A hand on her chin, her eyes still sleepy, she looks at the window not paying attention to what the girls were blabbering. She sees a boy running in the alley, he was tall with dark hair. She saw him before, he is the same grade as her but in an other classroom.

The door closed, the teacher was here. She gives the results of their first test.

« Very good Lee »she begin, « third of the class. »

She was happy because it was her favourite subject. Nice start.

 

 

Bom was cleaning the last tables at the bar. It was soon the hour to go home.

She starts singing seeing that no one was there. Singing was Bom's passion in life. She wanted to be a singer for so long but now in her early thirty she doesn't even succeed to record one simple song. Unfortunately, she has to do odd jobs. Not that she didn't study, she was in a art school and did get a certificate... in make-up. The misfortune of Bom was that there was not places left when she registered herself, and the job was blocked : too much people. Aside of this bad luck, Bom was a real city women, strong and determined to realise her dream. Always move forward was her motto.

 

« Cling »

A customer was walking inside and she stops singing. She turns around and greets him.

He was a man who seems younger than her, dressed classy in suit with a long black woolen coat.

« Hello here », he says nochalantly, " why did you stop ? You got a nice voice, yes a damn nice voice ! »

Bom didn't what to answer, it was no good that customers hear her singing. The guy seems nice, a little strange and offhand, but nice.

« Thank you Mr.... ? »

« Mr. GD, at your service Madam »

« I'm not that old... »

« And moreover you're funny ! »

« What do you want ? » Bom's starting to get pissed.

« A whisky, but I've got something better. «  starting to install himself, «  You know lady, I'm a well-known producer in the music industry, I works if you want in the shadow of the artists. » He looks at her in the eyes :« Your voice charmed me. »

Bom doesn't know how to respond, was he serious ? He gets a card from his pocket and said : »Here's the studio adress. Come after work, your pleasure. »

He smiles cheekily, drinks his whisky in one and walks out of the bar : " Bye lady ! »

« Bye Mr. », answers Bom but he was already not there. « What a peculiar guy. »

 

 

Lee Hayi was on her way home, it has been a good day for her. After escaping the metro, she walks to Bom's flat. Bom was her wonderful cousin, sha can be noisy sometimes but life with her wasn't boring at all. She took Hayi to visit Seoul last week and they had fun doing kids' carousel and eating ice-cream. She was thinking about these good memories and her legs were walking her on her way... but not her brain. She stops and looks around her : she didn't know this road. « Oh no ! »

She has to ask someone. At her left there was a little convenient store and a guy was drinking some can in the front.

« Excuse me », she asked him politely, " I'm lost and... »

He abruptly turns his head. She knew this face, it was the running boy of this morning.

« Oh you are from the school... »

« What do you want ? »he asked almost agressively.

« Well... I'm lost and I was asking you my way », she doesn't deserve to be treated rudely.

« Listen little girl, it's not your good marks that will make you a place in this city. Look at you, you're too... too country ! Yeah, you're the cliché of proud hardworking girl from the stinky country who tries to raise her social level, poor girl ! » He was looking at her with contempt, almost smirking like if it was a joke, but that was totaly disrespectful.

« Are you better than me to speak like that ? You're so cheeky ! »

« Already not sweet anymore ! Good, because you are learning to live in this city. I'm rude, then you serves you right ! »

« Jerk ! » she can't believe what is happening.

« Stupid female. »

He straights himself and before leaving, says : "Go on this way. » pointing the direction and walks away.

Hayi was alone once again. What did she did in her past life to meet this total jerk ? What was his problem ? You don't speak to people like that.

Inside she knew that she will meet people like that, people that bites before being biten. In this city, you have to survive, protect yourself from people who can eat you in a single second.

 

 

« You an I together it just feels so right ~ »

Bom was recording in the studio. Ok, you can call her stupid to follow a guy she doesn't know like that, moreover a peculiar one, but she did not resist. She can't fight against her desire : become a singer. And now she is singing her first single. Happiness is flowing in her.

 

After she finished the recording, GD, it was his pseudo, the producer came in with a sheet of paper : it was a contract for a serie of recording.

« Of course you'll have to pay a part, lady » he said.

The part to pay was 1,000,000Won, if she accept, she will have to do a loan. She looked at the man, despite his nochalant gesture and his stupid smile, he seems to be a good producer by the way the two assistants were acting respectfuly around him. She looks at his name, his real name : Kwon Jiyong.

« Can you show me you IDcard please, just to be sure you exist. »

He laughts : " Ah Bom you're so funny ! Here you are. »

She looks at the ID, seems a real one. She looks at him straight in the eyes as she was trying to get a proof of his honesty. « Eyes are the mirror othe soul. » There is something deep in his eyes, something serious behind his apparent idiotic face.

He straighten his face too. It is an amount of money that she is ready to give, but compared to realise her dream after a ten years' hard time, what was it ? Nothing. « Then go Bom, don't think too much, this your luck ! »

 

« I accept the contract, I'll sign it »

« Wonderful ! Bom you can trust me, I swear » he says with an honest smile. He takes the contract, signs, then gives it to her. She didn't read it in the details, but she did be careful on the money paragraph. And finally she signs and make a cheque of 1000Won.

« I trust you to make me a singer » she smiles, giving back the contract.

« You can. »

And yet she gets the luck of her life.

 

 

Hayi went to bed before Bom came back. By the way, she was late.

She thinks about her encounter with the boy which was making her a bit depressed, she hopes she will never see him again. « But they are in the same school. Yes, but it is a big school. They are in the same year probably . Yes, but you don't go in other classrooms. » She tries to persuade herself that he is just a bad boy, but in a maner he was trying to help her : don't mistake yourself, don't make illusions.

 

She hears the door closing : Bom was home. It reassures her to know that her cousin is home. She is not alone in this city. And she will fight if it is necessary, she can defend herself against boys like him. She was already sleeping now, hoping the lights of the city will not swallow her.

 

 

 

*********

Sooner than I said, the first chapter.

I'm sorry for all the mistakes, english isn't my native.

Well, I think write fanfics is a good method to improve.

Thanks for subscribing and commenting! It makes my heart warm~

 

Love, wanderingmood.

 

PS: Happy Birthday Bom! a bit late.