Chapter 8

Can you make me feel again?

Joon hee's POV

Who is this Park Eun hee?  Why does she want to be friends with me?  No one, except the guys, ever wanted to be friends with me.  Why now?  I believe that every thing happens for a reason.  What was her reason?  I had to think logically.  Even the guys had a reason for befriending me.  I needed to talk this over with Yongguk.  I'll talk to him at home.  How in the world did I become so noticed?  I certainly do not want this headache.  I never did.  Aish! This is a mess I do not need.  I do not regret meeting the guys.  They are the best thing in my life, especially Yongguk.  Wait.  What?  Why did I think that?  I'm feeling something.  Is this that love thing Yongguk' s Omoni had talked about?  Logically, I know it's not gas or any other digestive issues.  It's not just in my head.  I'm so weirded out right now.  Weirded out?  Where did the word come from?  Oh God help me!  I think my IQ just dropped several points.  I'm thinking like how I hear the girls in this school talk. I'm becoming girly.  Aaaaaah!  Maybe if I bang my head against the lockers hard enough, everything will go back to way it was before I became a stupid girl.  Aaaaah!

Yongguk' s POV

"Zelo, you need to work on that play.  Jongup, you help him.  Your better at it then any of us, including me."  Jongup nodded and I continued to go over our plays.  This was our free time and we always worked on our plays during this time.  I was just telling the guys about an idea I had when I heard my name being called.  I turned around and Eun hee was running towards us.

"Where's the fire?"  Jongup remarked.

"Yongguk.  You need to stop Joon hee from hurting herself.  She won't listen to me."  Eun hee replied, ignoring Jongup.

"What are you talking about?"  I asked.

"She's banging her head against the lockers. She's going to knock herself out if she doesn't stop."  Eun hee replied.

"Take me to her."  I demanded.

I followed Eun hee till I saw Joon hee slamming her head against the lockers.  I was so surprised she was doing that to herself, let alone, her still being conscious.  I ran over to her and pulled her away from the lockers.  I could see a red lump form on her forehead.

"Joon hee.  What in the world are doing to yourself?!"  

"Trying to make things go back to the way they were?"

"What?"

"I'm beginning to think like the stupid girls in this school talk.  My IQ dropped fifty points because of it and at the rate I'm going, it's going to continue to drop at an accelerated pace. Yongguk!  Help me make it go away!!!!"  By this time she was clutching on to the front of my shirt and her face distorted in desperation.  I realized that she really believed what she was saying.

"Okay.  I think I know what's going on.  I think your breaking out of your shell.  That protective wall you keep around you is coming down."

"I don't want it to.  I don't like this."  Her voice became a desperate shrieking whisper by the time she finished her sentence.

She had clutched my shirt even tighter and her face was just inches away from mine.  I had to shake my head to clear out the impure thoughts I just had from how close she was to me.  I had to focus.

"You'll be fine.  How about we talk to Omoni about it when we get home."  I suggested.

"We'll come over too."  Himchan added.

"Me too."  This came from Eun hee.

"Why are you coming over?"  Jongup asked, turning to Eun hee.

"She's my friend too you know."  Eun hee replied.

"She was our friend before you.  We came help her."   Jong up growled.

"I can help her too.  After all, I am a girl."  Eun hee reminded him.

"Pfft!  Just barely."  Jong up replied.

"You are such a mean person!"  

"I'm actually one of the nicest people you'll ever meet; just not to you."

"What did I ever do to you?"

"I. Don't. Trust. You."  Jong up emphasized each word.

"Yongguk."  Eun hee turned to me.  "Joon hee's got my number.  Please text me your address.  I need to go before I punch your friend in the face."  

"Just wait for us after school.  You can come home with us."  Yongguk said.

"Thanks.  See ya later."  Eun hee glared at Jong up before walking away.

"Do you really need to be like that with her?"  I asked.

"I don't trust or like her."  Jong up replied.

"Try to be civil.  Please.  !"  Just as I finished talking to Jong up, Joon hee slipped out of my embrace and started banging her head against the lockers again.  I was able to pry her away and had to continue to hold her tightly until it was safe to let her go.  "Please do it for Joon hee."

"I'll try.  For Joon hee."  Jong up replied.

I took Joon hee to the nurses for pain medicine and a ice pack while the guys went to our next class.  Thank God my last two classes were the same as Joon hee's.  I could keep an eye on her.  I was glad Joon hee was breaking free, I just didn't like how she was reacting to it.  I vowed to help her with this in anyway I could.  I knew the guys would too. 

The rest of the day went without a hitch.  Joon hee and I met up with the guys and Eun hee in front of the school.  During my last class I went to the restroom, called Omoni and filled her in on what was going on.  She was concerned and thrilled for Joon hee's breakthrough.  When we got home Omoni had set out some snacks for us.  Omoni sat next to Joon hee.

"What has you so upset that your hurting yourself?"  Omoni quietly asked.

"I don't want to be like the other girls.  I want things like they were.  I don't want my IQ to drop to stupid.  Can you help me?"  Joon hee begged.

"Honey.  Your IQ is not going to drop.  Your just being a normal human who is learning to deal with their feelings."  Omoni explained.

"Can I go back?  I don't want to be a human."  Joon hee asked.

"I'm afraid not sweetheart.  When you get used to it, you'll be fine.  These are called growing pains.  Instead of getting them little by little, your getting them all at once because you never allowed yourself to have them.  Emotionally, their painful but that's how you learn about your feelings towards people and things like dreams.  I'm not talking about the one's you have when you sleep but the ones you have for your life, like a career for instance."  Omoni explained.

"What have I missed?"  Joon hee asked.

"Ummm.  You and Yongguk like each other.  You have almost from the start but you both didn't realize it at first.  You could have had a crush on someone else before and possibly missed an opportunity with him, but I don't think so.  I believe your destined to be together.  Okay.  I went a bit off track.  If you were still the emotionless person you once were, you wouldn't know what you were missing.  Liking someone can be painful, especially if the person does not reciprocate your feelings.  These pains we all go through only make us stronger if we learn from and not allow them to make us bitter.  You can be angry just don't stay angry.  Oh, your not going to be like the other girls your going to be you, with your own way of dealing with your feelings.  It's okay to not like someone.  If you don't, just respect them as a human being if that is all you can do.  Same with your parents.  Forgive them and except them for how they are.  If nothing else, respect them for giving you life."  Omoni explained.

"Yah!  Jong up, you should also listen to what Yonkgguk' s Omoni is saying.  You feelingless jerk"  Eun hee said.

"You should talk.  You should try opening your ears and not just your mouth.  Maybe you need to clean them out.  I'll get some Q-tips and help you out, plus some tape for your mouth."  Jong up replied.

"And then there's people like Eun hee and Jong up.  They like each other but they don't want to so they fight it and each other.  Here comes the denial."  Omoni pointed out.

"I don't like her!"  Jong up yelled.

"I most certainly do not like him!"  Eun hee denied.

 "They'll figure it out eventually."  Omoni replied.

"Stop hurting yourself Joon hee.  We'll all help you through this.  No worries."  Omoni said.

 We all agreed with her by nodding our heads.

"What about Mee yon?"  Daehyun asked.

"What about her?  She still harassing Joon hee?"  Omoni asked.

"Yeah.  I know she's up to something but we have been able to keep her from executing her plans so far by consistently being with Joon hee."  I explained.

"Keep doing what your doing.  I have a way that could possibly work.  Give me some time."  Omoni said.

"Okay."  I replied.

"Okay.  Eat your snacks and get on your homework and forget this mess for now."  Omoni said.

Omoni is the best.  She can help anyone out of any situation with her wisdom.  Sometimes she's so smart, it's scary.  Another issue I have to deal with is Jong up and Eun hee.  Aish!  These two idiots.  I'm tempted to lock them in a room and let them go at it until someone is dead but I don't want my hyung to die.  Maybe I'll do it anyways.  I'll talk to the guys about it tomorrow, with the exception of Jong up.  Maybe I'll talk to Omoni and Joon hee about it tonight.  I think Eun hee can be trusted but I'm still using caution until I know for sure.  

A few hours later the guys and Eun hee left.  Jong up and Eun hee walked out the door arguing while Youngjae pushed them out.  Himchan looked back at me, rolled his eyes and shut the door behind him.  I turned back to Omoni and Joon hee.

"I'm going to lock them up together in a room and let them at each other."  I said.

"That's not a bad idea.  Let's make a plan and you share it with the others."  Omoni replied.

"Alright.  Let's do this."  I agreed.

In an hour we had a plan.  I would talk to the others and by tomorrow evening, they would be nice to each other or one of them was coming out severely injured or in a body bag.  Eun hee was a tough girl.  God be with Jong up, I prayed before falling asleep.