Chapter 6

Can you make me feel again?

Youngguk's POV

I found out the girl's name, who started the rumor, was Lee Meeyon.  I haven't found out the reason why yet, but I will.  What did this girl have against Joon hee?  My hyungs and I were in between classes.  I dragged them to the bathroom checking every stall, to make sure no one was present and leaned against the door so no one could get in.

"I have an idea how we can get Meeyon to let slip why she is doing this to Joon hee.  Zelo, your good at getting people, especially girls, to talk to you.  I want you to be yourself and see if you can get this girl to talk."  I said.

"Okay.  I'll find out everything I can about her.  I need to make sure Joon hee knows what I'm doing."  Zelo replied.

"I'll let her know what's going on.  You guys need to come over this weekend.  We can talk more freely."  I said.

"I wonder if it has anything to do with you."  Jongup suggested as he looked at me.

"What makes you think that?"  I asked.

"This didn't start until she moved in with you and your Omoni.  Maybe she likes you."  Jongup explained.

"Zelo.  That's a good place to start.  Get to know her first and then find out if I have anything to do with it."  I said.

"We should keep an eye on Joon hee.  I'm not saying hover over her but make sure she's not alone with this girl or any friends of hers."  Daehyun suggested.

"Good idea.  She is to not be left alone at any time.  Let's get to class."  We left the bathroom and made it to class right before the teacher walked in.

As the teacher droned on about the history of blah, blah, blah, I got to thinking about what Jongup said.  Is this all about being jealous because of me?  Could Meeyon be jealous for a different reason.  Could it be about Joon hee being the best student in the school?  If that's the reason then why show it now?  Joon hee has been the best student since freshmen year.  Why start something now?

I wonder if Meeyon's family knows Joon hee's family. Could that be the reason?  Maybe it has something to do with business.  Did Meeyon's family own a business and Joon hee's parent's business is effecting theirs?  Maybe one of them was a disgruntled employee.  There were a lot of could be's.  There was only one way to find out.  I could look them up on the internet.  If they have a business, there would be information about her family.  

After Joon hee and I got home and she tutored me, I excused myself and ducked into my room with my tablet.   I looked up her family name.  Her parents owned a juice bar.  They seem to he doing well for themselves.  I made a note to dig a little deeper just to be positive that business was not the issue.  I was almost positive that it wasn't.  Hopefully Zelo can find out more.

Joon hee's POV

After I tutored Yongguk he was quick to leave the table.  He was acting weird.  Maybe he really did regret my moving in but was too polite to tell me.  Or maybe his Omoni told him not to.  Why was this bothering me?  I've never thought about these kinds of things before.  I needed to talk to Yongguk.  I went to his room and knocked on his door, walking in when he gave permission.

"Can I talk to you?"  I asked.

"Sure.  What's up?"  He replied.

"Are you sure you don't regret asking me to move in?  Your not just being polite?"

"Of course not.  Why would you ask that?"

"You are acting weird."

"What do mean?"

"Sometimes I feel like your avoiding me.  Have I done something to upset you?"

"Not at all.  I'm trying to figure out why Meeyon is doing this to you."

"Lee Meeyon?"

"Yeah.  I have reason to believe that she's the one who started the rumors."

"It might have something to do with us having a past."

"Mwuh?!  Why didn't you tell me?!  Never mind that.  What happened between you two?"

"She found some new friends."

"She dumped you?  She wasn't much a friend was she?"

"Meeyon wanted to be popular.  I didn't care about that but she did.  I found out later that one of the girls advised her to get rid of me if she wanted to become popular.  That I was holding her back.  That's exactly what she did.....Oh my!  I believe I know why she's doing this."

"Weh?"

"She wants popularity.  Your the most popular guy in school.  I moved in with you.  She probably had us followed when I was asked to tutor you.  Everybody's seen me with you and your friends all the time.  She's trying to ruin me and make you out to be hero.  It seems to be working."

"Makes sense.  I'll let the guys know and we'll take care of this.  Don't worry about a thing."

"The only thing I'm only concerned about is you guys.  I don't understand why I am feeling like this."

"It's because you care about us."

"I'm not sure if I like caring.  It makes me worry."

"That's part of caring for people.  It can hurt but in the long run it's totally worth it.  I'll tell you what Omoni told me, don't think about it, just let it happen naturally."

"I am more of a logical person but I'll think about what you told me."

"You deal with that and my hyungs and I will deal with Meeyon."

"Please keep me informed.  Don't leave me out because your trying to protect me.  I'm better off knowing everything."

"Okay.  We better get ready for bed.  I'll talk to my hyungs tomorrow." 

"Goodnight Yongguk."

"Goodnight Joon hee."

Yongguk' s POV

The next day I was anxious to get my hyungs alone so I could talk to them.  My chance came at lunch.  I led them outside, away from anyone's ears.  I told them how Joon hee used to be friends with Meeyon years ago.  How Meeyon wanted to be popular and what she did to Joon hee.  That Meeyon started the rumor because I was popular and Joon hee moved in with me and how she hung out with them as well.  Meeyon wanted Joon hee to look bad and wanted me to look like I was sacrificing my happiness by doing the right thing.  My hyungs were outraged.

"You have got to be kidding me!"  Himchan roared.

"This is nothing more then a popularity contest.  She's going to make Joon hee's life miserable because my hyung likes Joon hee.  They don't know her.  Why would they believe such garbage?"  Zelo exclaimed.

"Because they don't take the time to try to get to know her."  I explained.

"That's true.  Joon hee may not be warm and fuzzy but at least we went out of our way to find out why."  Jongup replied.  The others nodded their heads in agreement.

"We need to continue to be around Joon hee.  I'm not going to pretend the rumors are true and I'm also not going to pretend to be mad at her.  I like Joon hee and I'm going to show her.  We're all with Joon hee because we like her.  You hyungs okay with that?"  I asked.

"I think it's a great idea."  Youngjae replied.

"Me too.  Does this mean I don't need to get to know Meeyon?"  Zelo asked. 

"There's no need for that anymore.  I'll let Joon hee know what's going on.  Remember, we just need to be ourselves with her.  Don't over do it, just be natural."  I emphasized.

The rest of the day went fairly smooth with the exception of the whispering.  I knew what they were whispering about but I choose to ignore it.  I wouldn't acknowledge the gossip unless someone was trying to hurt Joon hee.  The rumor was hurtful enough but I knew my Joon hee was strong enough to get through it.

My hyungs were taking what I said to them to heart.  Zelo more so then the others.  I think he had feelings for Joon hee but I knew he wouldn't try anything because of my feelings for her.  We surrounded her as we all walked to our next class.  My next class was with Joon hee.  

As Joon hee and I walked into class, I noticed Meeyon fuming in her seat.  I laughed and winked at Joon hee when she gave me a quizzical look.  As much as I wanted to taunt Meeyon, I had to be careful.  I didn't want to fuel the fire that would cause her to hurt Joon hee more then she already has.

I made it a point to stay cheerful for Joon hee's sake because by the look on Meeyon's face, she was, more then likely, thinking about another way to hurt Joon hee.  My heart sunk in my stomach at the thought of what may be coming.  As the teacher droned on, I became angry.  I will not allow this person to hurt my Joon hee.  This has now become personal.