Chapter 13

Can you make me feel again?

Yongguk' s POV

"Uncle.  I would like a body guard for Omoni.  Can you get one?"  I asked.

 "Absolutely.  Maybe we should get one for the girls."  Uncle suggested.

"Let's hold off on that for now and focus on Omoni."  Joon hee added to the conversation as she walked up to us.  She looked up at me.  "Please do not leave us out of this.  We need to work together if we're going to get through this."

"Your right.  This is about you after all, although they have inadvertently involved all of us in this as well."  I agreed.

"They have.  For that, I apologize.   I am willing to give up everything to keep everybody safe."  Joon hee pointedly said.

"You will do no such thing!  This isn't about the money anymore.  They need to be stopped before someone is killed."  I replied.

"What do you suggest we do?"  Uncle asked.

"We need to have a little meeting with them.  We may have to lure them with money.  First, we have to talk with the detective.  He will have to play a part if he is in agreement."  

I excused myself to talk to the Detective in private first.  I had to find out if he was on board before executing the plan.  I was apprehensive about the whole thing but I knew it needed to be done.  

"I have an idea."  I said as I walked up to the Detective.

As I explained the plan I kept an eye on the detective' s reaction.  He would be great at playing poker.  I did see a slight twitch at the corner of his mouth.  I hoped that was a good sign.  I wasn't quite sure.  Every now and then he would nod his head, indicating that he was still listening.  After I explained my plan, he didn't say anything.  

"I think that is a good idea."  He finally spoke up after a couple of minutes of silence.  I let out the breath I didn't realize I was holding.

"Good.  I need you in order for this to work."  I was so relieved.  "I need to talk to everyone about it first.  I'd like to do it at home but Uncle will not leave Omoni and personally, I don't want him to either."

"I'll come over to your place and afterwards I'll come back here and fill your Uncle in."  The Detective assured me.

"That would be great.  Come over for dinner and we'll talk after." 

"Dinner sounds good.  See you at six?"

"Perfect.  I'll see you then."

I let the others know that the detective was coming over for dinner and that I would explain things then.  I wanted to see Omoni before I left.  I went to her room and sat down, by the bed, on the chair Uncle vacated.  I grabbed Omoni's hand, brought it up to my face and kissed it.

"We will stop this Omoni.  I promise.  You will get through this and we will all be okay.  I have a plan that, I pray, will end all this for good.  You worry about getting better and I'll take care of everything else.  I love you Omoni."  I laid her hand down on the bed.  As I was about to let go, she squeezed my hand.  I looked at her and saw that she was still in the coma but that she actually heard me.  I pushed the intercom button and told the nurse, who answered, what happened.  Uncle and I hovered around the bed, but out of the way, as the nurse and doctor checked Omoni out.  About fifteen minutes later the doctor asked to see us in the hallway.  We followed him out.

"Your Omoni seems to be responding.  This is a good sign.  She could come out of the coma at anytime."  The doctor explained.

"Until she is able to leave, my Uncle will be here most of the time.  We are going to hire someone to guard her room.  Someone tried to kill her and I want to make sure that there is never another attempt.  May we have your permission?"

"That would probably be a good idea.  I'll see that the staff knows about it."  Dr. Lee assured us.

"Uncle will make a list of the people who are allowed in her room.  No one, who is not on that list, will be allowed inside.  I'm going to include selective staff as well."  

"I will make sure that the same nurses take care of your Omoni.  If there are any changes, your Uncle and you will be notified right away."  Dr. Lee assured us.

"I'm taking the other's home."  I told Uncle.  "Dr. Lee, thank you so much for your help.  Please do your best."  I bowed before leaving.  "You know what to do Uncle."  I threw over my shoulder as I left Omoni's room.

I met up with the others and I let then know that I would explain everything after dinner.  I also let them know that they were to come too and that the Detective would be eating with us as well.  I was bombarded with questions but I held my hand up and they fell silent.  "Later" was the only thing I said before walking with Joon hee out of the hospital.  The others had no choice but to follow.