Chapter 16

Can you make me feel again?

 

"How about the embezzling?  Now that you have embezzled everybody else's money, your going after Joon hee's now."  It really wasn't a question so they didn't answer.  "I know all about it.  You screwed investors out of millions of dollars and now you want more.  I also know all about that phoney companies you used.  I also know about your plans to get rid of Joon hee once you got the money.  Your going to make it look like a revenge killing and Moon Lee is going to be the fall guy.  I wonder how he would react once he learns about it."  Detective Lee raised an eyebrow.  "I'm not sure I still want to do business with you.  I think I'll get rid of this contract."  He ripped up the contract and pulled, what looked like another contract, out of his jacket pocket.  "I actually have another on here.  How convenient.  Don't you think?"

"What!  You betray me like this?  How dare you!"  Joon hee's Father yelled.  He looked like he was going to blow a gasket.

"I have this contract that I want you to sign."  Detective Lee waved it at Joon hee's Father.

"I'm not signing anything!"  He yelled.

"Okay.  I'll just shoot you."  Detective Lee pointed the gun at him.

"You won't shoot me, not in front of these witnesses."  Joon hee's father sneered.

"Oh, didn't I tell you?  They're going to eventually be killed too.  You're all going to die."  Detective said so matter of fact.  There were a few gasped heard in response.  "Joon hee, I need you to take this contract and give it to your parents." 

Joon hee walked up to the Detective, grabbed the contract and walked over to her Father, handing it to him.  She started to walk away but stopped at his command.  "Not so fast.  I need you to stay where you are.  After Daddy signs, you're going to hand it back to me."  The Detective actually sounded nice when he talked to Joon hee.  Joon hee started to think about this.  She had learned over the years that things are not always as they seem.  She saw that her Father gave in and signed the contract and she handed it back to the Detective.

"Good girl.  Now go back by your friends."  He jestered towards them.

As Joon hee walked back to where the others were, she noticed that Zelo looked really scared.  The other were holding on to each other but it didn't seem to be helping Zelo at all.  She didn't want Zelo to be afraid.  Joon hee walked to Zelo and hugged him. 

"Now that everything is in order, you have the right to remain silent."  He started to give Joon hee's parents thier rights.  Everyone was even more confused when more cops appeared and surrounded Joon hee's parents.  After they were read thier rights, they were handcuffed and taken away.  Detective got up and bent down next to Yongguk's body.  He was lightly slapping his face.  "Come on son.  Wake up.  That's it.  Wake up."  He kept slapping Yongguk's cheeks until he started to become more awake.

"What is going on?"  Daehyun demanded.

"I'll explain in a minute.  Let me help Yongguk first."  Detective Lee replied.

Yongguk's POV

I shook my head a few times to try to clear the fog that had a hold of my brain.  I looked up and was able to make out the faces of the others.  They looked so confused, and who could blame them.

"Would one of you please explain what is going on?"  Eun hee also demanded.  The others nodded their heads in agreement.

"Yongguk has been working with me for a few months now."  Detective Lee explained.  "He was helping me..."

"Why didn't anyone tell us?"   Youngjae interruped.

"It was to keep you safe."  Yongguk replied.  "Now let the Detective talk."  Everybody waited for Detective to continue.

"When Joon hee's parents started coming after Joon hee, Yongguk came to me and we came up with a plan to stop her parents once and for all.  At first I wouldn't allow Yongguk to help.  He kept on insisting until he drove me crazy.  It was either let him help or he would do it on his own.  I didn't want him to be hurt so I allowed him to help so I could keep an eye on him."

"You still could of told us."  Zelo pouted.

Joon hee hugged Zelo from the side.  I could see that she had her stone face on.  That meant she was angry with me. 

"I'm sorry.  Please forgive me.  I promise that it was the only way I thought I could keep you guys safe."  I looked at Joon hee the whole time I was pleading.  After a moment or two of silence from Joon hee, I moved my eyes to the others.  "I did it for your safety.  Joon hee's parents wouldn't hesitate to use any or all of you against me.  I also needed to make sure you were all in the dark about this in order for everything to look authentic.  Some of you are not the best at acting.  I'm sorry to say but it's the truth."

"I can see the logic in that."  Joon hee replied.

"I know that you all are upset but I would do it again if it keeps you safe."  I vowed.

"I really do understand."  Joon hee replied. 

"Why shoot Yongguk?"  Himchan asked.

"I had to make it look as real as possible.  Joon hee's parents aren't easy to fool.  I had to make them believe that I would go to where the money was.  I played hard to get with them but eventually I gave in.  I had to let them think that I would do anything for the money, even kill for it.  I know it was a bit drastic but we felt it was the best way for them to believe me."  Detective Lee explained.

"I came up with the shooting part.  It took a lot of convencing but Detective Lee and I shared our idea with the police chief.  He eventually allowed it."  I explained.

"The biggest thing was getting them to confess their dealings with Moon Lee."  The Detctive added.  "I knew that they would think I was serious if I didn't hesitate to shoot a kid."

"How did this start?"  Joon hee asked.

"Yongguk brought some papers he found with your things.  As we both dug further into your parents business, we found some very interesting things.  That pretty much got the ball rolling."  Detective Lee replied.

"What did you find Yongguk hyung?"  Zelo asked.

"I was helping Joon hee sort through some papers from her house and came across a receipt from a restaurant.  It would have been no big deal but it wasn't the type of restaurant people like Joon hee's parents would go to.  It was also located in a part of town that they wouldn't step foot in.  After some digging, I found out that they were communicating with someone from that area.  I couldn't quite connect the dots so I went to Detective Lee.  Like he said, at first he didn't want me to have nothing to do with any of it but I kept insisting.  I got him to agree.  I would do anything to keep you guys safe."  I explained.

I hoped that Joon hee would understand.  She walked over to me, knelt down beside me and cupped my face with her hands. 

"Don't ever do something like this again."  She said.

"I will do whatever I had to do to keep you and the others safe."  I vowed.

"You really do love me, don't you?"  Joon hee asked.

"I really do."  I replied.

I saw Joon hee lower her head to her chest.  When she raised it back up, my jaw dropped.  The others asked what was wrong but I couldn't answer them.  I saw them move around so they could see what I was looking at.

"Is this for real?"  I heard someone whisper.

"Her face is glowing."  Someone else said.  I could only nod in agreement.

"You have the most beautiful smile I have ever seen."  I said when I came out of my shock.

My Joon hee had a huge smile on her face.  I'm talking a full, teeth showing, face lit up smile.  She could put the sun to shame.  I reached for Joon hee and hugged her with all my might.  I finally got the smile that I wanted since I first met her.  It was totally worth the wait and the effort.

"Come on, let's go home."  I said.  Everybody cheered in agreement.  I threw my arm around Joon hee and the eight of us drove off into the night. 

 

5 years later..

Yongguk's POV

"Your on in ten minutes!"  Joon hee yelled.  "Move it!"

"Man, when Joon hee gets into her manager mode, she becomes a hard egg."  Himchan said.

"If it wasn't for Joon hee, we wouldn't be where we are right now."  I reminded him.

"I know.  Your right."  Himchan sighed.

"Zelo.  Please don't leave before I do, this time."  Eun hee called out.  "I have to walk you guys out."

"Okay.  I just get so excited."  Zelo replied.

"I know sweetie."  Eun hee said.

"Ya!  I thought I was your sweetie."  Jongup yelled.

"Of course you are but Zelo is the youngest.  He's everybody's sweetie."  Eun hee reminded him.

"True."  Jongup had to agree.

"Who would ever have thought that we would end up forming a popular boy band."  Youngjae shook his head.

"Yeah. Us in a band, Joon hee as our manager and Eun hee as our body guard."  Daehyun also shook his head.

"So, when are you going to ask her?"  Eun hee asked me.

"Tomorrow morning. I'm going to make her a good breakfast.  I want to set it up like a picnic.  Omini and Appa are going to help with that.  What do you think?"  I asked.

"Great idea.  Remember to get right to the point.  Drop down and ask.  Don't forget the ring."  Eun hee advised.

"Got it somewhere safe."  I assured her.

"Jongup was so romantic when he proposed to me.  Oh, I'm going to cry again." Eun hee wiped her eyes of the tears forming.

"Honey, are you okay?  You have been crying a lot lately.  It's very unlike you."  I could hear the concern in Jongup's voice.

"I was going to wait to tell you later.  I'm pregnant."  Eun hee replied.  That was a shock to all of us.

"What?  How?"  Jongup sputtered.

"You seriously don't know?  Weren't you there?"  Zelo asked.  Daehyun burst out laughing.

"I meant that it only happened that one time.  I know we're saving ourselves for marriage but it was only that one time." 

Jongup fell back in a chair.  Thank God there was a chair there to catch him.

"Jongup."  I walked over and patted him on the back.  "Sometimes it only takes one time."

"You must have some powerful swimmers." 

"Youngjae!"  We all yelled at one time.

"What?  I'm just saying."  Youngjae shrugged.

"Oh boy."  Jongup put his head in his hands.

"Are you upset about it?"  Eun hee asked.  She was biting on her lower lip while waiting for him to answer.

"What?"  Jongup's head shot up.  "No!  Of course not babe.  I'm just in shock.  We need to get married as soon as possible."

"I bet Omini can help with that.  Let's do the concert and then worry about this after."  I suggested.

"Were going to be Uncles."  Zelo said.

"The best Uncles on the planet."  Daehyun added.  We all cheered in agreement as we got up to go on stage.

"I feel bloated."  Himchan said out of nowhere.

"You pregnant too?"  Daehyun asked.

"Yeah.  It's yours.  Now you have to marry me."  Himchan sneered.

"Okay.  First thing in the morning."  Daehyun laughed.

"Time to go guys!"  Eun hee yelled from the doorway.

"Ya!  You are not allowed to be our body guard anymore."  Jongup yelled back.

"I got that covered Hubby.  Let's go!"  Eun hee replied.  She jestered for us to leave.

"What about me?"  Zelo pouted.

"Don't worry.  I'll marry you."  Youngjae threw his arm over Zelo's shoulders.

"Okay."  Zelo replied happily. 

I couldn't help but laugh at my crazy brothers.  Life just couldn't get any better then this.

 

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

I love this story.  I hope you enjoyed reading it.  The very best to everybody.  Love ya'all.