Chapter 2

Can you make me feel again?

Youngguk's POV

I peeled an eye open and looked the clock.  10:00?  I was late.  I jumped out of bed grabbed the first outfit I laid my hands on.  I ran out of my room and into the kitchen.  My umma was sitting at the table in casual clothes.  Mom's here, she's not dressed.  Why....oh man!  It's the weekend.  I rushed for nothing.  I could of slept some more.  I plopped down at the kitchen table, laid my head down and aggressively ran my hands through my hair.  If I didn't like my hair so much, I'd pull it out right now.

"You forgot it was the weekend, didn't you?"   Umma asked.

"Dah.  Your son's an idiot.  Aish!"

"Watch your tongue.  No child of mine is an idiot.  Only intelligence in this family, son.  I thank you to remember that."

"Dah.  Your right, however, your intelligent son wasn't doing so well in English."

"Wasn't?"

"Coach got me a tutor."

"An intelligent person doesn't know everything and admits when they need help.  Actually, that's a wise person but where there's wisdom, there's intelligence.  They go hand in hand.  Are you improving your grade?"

"I won't know yet but I do understand it better thanks to Joon hee."

"Joon hee?  If this young lady can help my son, then I need to thank her properly by fixing her a great dinner.  Bring her over sometime."

"Umma.  She's just a............umma, you are a genius."

"Of course.  About what exactly?"

"Umma, the kids call her the human robot because she shows no emotions at all.  She really doesn't.  I think she's been hurt so bad that she has harden her self from everybody.  I have made it a personal mission to break that shell.  I think I put a crack in it.  When I left our session yesterday, I decided to be bold.  I kissed the top of her head.  As I left I glanced at her face and she looked shocked.  That's the first time I had seen any emotion on her face.  I want to find out why she is the way she is."

"You like this girl."

"Not that way.  I'm just trying to figure her out."

"Son.  You spend most of your time playing soccer.  Other then soccer, you have never taken a interest in anything. Your taking an interest in this girl because she doesn't fawn all over you.  She's different.  She is a challenge to you.  Your intrigued"

"I will admit, I am very intrigued.  I just want to know why she feels she has to be emotionless.  Who did this to her?"

"I want her to come over for dinner.  I want to meet this girl.  Remember to go slow.  Apparently, she's been hurt bad.  Just be her friend. I'm going fix you something to eat and were going to figure out how we're going to get her here.  By the way, what's her last name?"  

"Kim I think?"

"Kim?  Oh my goodness.  She might be related to the Kims of So SEOUL.  That huge software company.  Look them up on the internet."

I looked up the name and saw an  editorial and a picture of the Kim family.  It was her.  I looked at her parents.  They looked as emotionless as she does.  That explained a lot.

"Umma.  She is their daughter, but look at this."  I turned the tablet around.

"That's her?  Does she really look like that." She asked. I just nodded.  "That poor girl.  Look at the parents.  I highly doubt that they show her any emotion.  No wonder she is the way she is.  We definitely have to have her over and show her what a real family is like."

"I agree.  I have to find out for sure though.  I also need to figure out how I'm going to get her over here.  She doesn't associate with anyone."

"We'll do this son.  I am now going to make it my mission.  This poor girl."  Umma kept say the poor girl over and over.

"We'll find a way."  I assured her.

"Yes we will.  You going out with your hyungs today?"

"Yes.  They want to go to a karaoke bar."  

"Sounds like fun.  You go enjoy yourself.  I want you to bring them home for dinner.  Call me later and let me know if they're able to come."

After I ate, I took off for the karaoke bar me and my hyungs always hang out at.  I walked into the bar and straight to room 15.  We always went to that room.  That was like our own personal hangout.  I knocked and opened the door to my hyungs.

"Dude.  Wassup."  Zero yelled.

"Not much.  Let's get to having some fun you boneheads."  I replied.

Daehyun put on a song and him, Zelo and Hinchan started jumping around and singing their hearts out.  We could all sing well but when we goofed off, we sounded horrible.  We did it on purpose.  It was a lot more fun.  Youngjae, Jongup and I got up and danced around the others.  We did more jumping, dancing and laughing then singing.  That's just how we roll.  Hahahaha.  After being at karaoke for several hours, we called it quits.  We decided to go to the mall.  We all went home to shower and change first.  We would meet up in an hour.

I ran home, showered, changed and ran back out.  I saw the guys waiting for me in front of the mall.  We headed inside to enjoy the atmosphere.  There were many pretty girls that passed by.   Zelo about had a meltdown when a very pretty girl smiled at him.  We had to drag him away before he was reduced to a pile of drool.

I saw an office supply store and made my way over.  I needed several notebooks for soccer and school.  I picked two that were soccer themed for my plan books.  I picked three solid color ones for school.  I was paying for the notebooks when I glanced outside the store.  It couldn't be.  No way.  I grabbed my bag and ran in the direction I saw her.

I had to find out if that was Joon hee.  I didn't know that my hyungs were following me.  I found who I was looking for, sitting on a bench.  Her hair was a mess.  It looked like she got into a fight with a bush and lost.  I was about to approach her when she started taking her hair out of the braids.  She used her fingers to comb through her hair.  I was memorized.  She had beautiful, shiny, long hair.  She looked so pretty.  I couldn't help but stare.  My hyungs came up behind me.

"Wow.  She's really pretty."  Jongup said.

"Back off."  I warned.

"Okay hyung.  Chill.  Your girl.  Got it."  Jongup replied.

"She's not my girl but if any of you go after her, I'll hurt you.  Got it?"  I replied.

"Hyung, anyone with eyes knows you like her.  Go talk to her."  Daehyun nudged my shoulder.

I walked over to Joon hee and sat down.  She looked at me with that expressionless face and started to braid her hair back up.  I stopped her.

"You should wear it down more often.  It looks good.  You have pretty hair."  She left her hair down.  

I asked her what she was doing here.  She said she had to get some new gym shoes.  I offered to help her.  She, of course rejected the offer but I insisted.  The guys came up to us.  I introduced them to Joon hee.  When we followed her to the shoe store, I hung back a second.

"You guys behave yourselves.  You know I'm trying to help her."

"We know hyung.  We'll behave."  It was Hinchan who answered.

We followed her into the shoe store.  She headed straight for plain, boring white gym shoes.  I had to stop her.  I rushed ahead of her, blocking the way.

"No way.  You need color.  No plain white.  I can not allow you to get these.  It goes against everything that I am.  No boring shoes.  You want white, get a pair with some kind of color on it.  Please."

We all helped her by displaying the shoes for her.  Hinchan showed a tye-dye of purple and pink.  She shook her head.  Jongup showed her camouflage.  She shook her head.  Jongup liked them so much, he went over to the men's to look for a pair for himself.

Daehyun showed a red and black pair.  She shrugged her shoulders indicating she didn't mind them.  Zelo showed a pair of bright yellow ones.  Hinchan put his sunglasses on claiming they hurt his eyes.  I grabbed a white pair with a little bit of red on the side.  She looked at them for a moment or two and nodded her head.  I boxed the shoes up and escorted her to the register.  We were walking out of the store when I had a brilliant idea.

"Hyungs, umma invited you guys to dinner.  Let your parents know.  Joon hee, she invited you too.  She wants to thank you for helping me."  I said.

"That's not necessary.  Tell your umma that she is welcome.  I must go now.  Thank you for your help."

"You must come.  It would be rude not to thank my mom in person.  You are not a rude person."

"Hyungs right.  It would be rude.  So come.  Please."  Zelo smiled sweetly.

"Perhaps I should.  I would never intentionally be rude."  Joon hee agreed.

"That's true.  Hyungs call your parents.  Joon hee call yours."  I said.

While everyone called their parents I called umma.  I told her my plan.  She said she would make the best dinner ever.  I just had to find out what she liked and disliked.  I told her I would call when I found out.  When we met back together, everyone could go.  Joon hee seemed, not just emotionless but cold.  Bad call with the parents.  I found out what she liked and disliked and told her to be over at my place at 7:00 after I gave her my address.  

I watched Joon hee leave.  I was more determined then ever to help her.  I turned to my hyungs.

"Joon hee needs our help.  Let's go to my place.  We need to talk."  My hyungs followed.

With my umma and my hyungs help,  I will stop Joon hee's parents from hurting her anymore.  I just knew that they were the reason Joon hee was the way she was.  I hoped that this dinner would put a huge crack in  her armour.  Well, here goes nothing.