Chapter 4

Can you make me feel again?

Youngguk's POV

I am slowly seeing a change in Joon hee.  She still doesn't show emotion on her face but her body is more relaxed.  I just need to find a way to get her to smile.  The guys were doing everything they could think of to make her smile.  Once again, Zelo came close.  He was doing a flip, didn't quite land on his feet, and ran into the lockers.  After we found out he was okay, we stared laughing.  I looked over and saw Joon hee's mouth twitch.  Just like Zelo, I wanted to see a full smile.

She pulled her phone out and read a text.  Her body become ridged.  I believed it had something to do with her parents.  Usually she becomes cold and ridged whenever she had to deal with them.  This wasn't good.  This wasn't good at all.  I saw her take off.  I ran after her.  We had just barely scratched the surface.  This, whatever is was, may undo the little we accomplished.  

"You okay?"  I asked after I caught up with her.

"I'm fine."  She replied.

"No your not.  I'm beginning to understand you and I saw that that text bothered you.  Did it have something to do with your parents?"

"Yes."  At least she was still talking to me.

"Would you like to talk about it?"

"Maybe after I tutor you.  We shall see."

"Fair enough.  I'll see you after school.  Have a good day."

I wished for the day to move quickly.  It just seems that the more you want something, the longer it takes to reach it.  Right now I wanted Joon hee to smile.  I prayed that whatever happens, Joon hee finds something that will make her smile.  

The end of the day finally came around.  I rushed to Mr. Choi's room.  I didn't see her sitting at her desk.  My heart sunk.  I felt myself begin to panic.  What if she stops tutoring me?  It's the only time I really get to see her.  What if her parents take her away from me?  I'm just getting to know her.  I want to know more.  More then anything, I want to see her smile.  A deep down, eyes-shinning, heart-melting smile.

I looked up and saw her by the window.  I could tell something was bothering her.  I cleared my throat but she didn't move.  I walked slowly to her.  I didn't want to startle her.

"Joon hee.......Joon hee.  Are you okay?"

She just turned to me with the same stone-face expression.  I was shocked by what I saw.  There was one single tear running down her cheek.  I rushed to her side. 

"What's wrong?  What happened?"

"Why do think there's something wrong?"

"Your crying."

"One tear does not constitute crying."

"One tear proves there is something wrong.  What is it?"

"We need to get to your tutoring."  She turned to go sit down.

"Forget the tutoring for today.  This is more important.  What did your parents do?"

"What makes you think this has anything to do with my parents?"

"It always has something to do with your parents.  Their the only ones who can effect you like this."

"Your correct."

"Spill."

"My parents are going to open another software business.  They decided to build it in Canada.  They will be moving next month."

"I can understand you being upset about your leaving."  Actually, I wanted to cry myself.

"They don't want me to go."

"WHAT?l!!!!

"They told me I was old enough to be on my own and that I had to be out by the end of the month.  I have nowhere to go."

"Yes you do.  Your coming with me."

I grabbed her hand and guided her out the door.  I knew I had to take her to my house.  She needed to talk to Omoni.  I didn't let go of her until we reached my house.  I knew I was being rude but at this point, I didn't care.  I barged into the house and slammed the door.  I knew this would get Omoni's attention.

"You better have a good reason for slamming my door."  She came barging into the living room.

"I do.  You need to hear what Joon hee told me.  You want to tell her.....never mind, I will.  Joon hee's parent's are moving to Canada.  Their giving her till the end of month to get out."

"You slammed my door to tell me she's leaving?  Boy, I ought to slap you upside the head."

"No, Omoni.  She's being kicked out.  They don't want her to go."

"WHAT?!!!!!!" 

"That's what I said.  How can a parent treat their child so ty?  Sorry for my language.  I'm very upset."

"I'll let that go.  Now, why are your parents doing this Joon hee?"

"They said that I'm old enough to be on my own."

"You haven't even finished school.  What about school?"

"Everything's paid."

"College?"

"I have a college fund, so I'll be able to go."

"Good.  Are they leaving you money to get a place?"

"No. They said I need to learn to make it on my own."

"What kind of parent throws their child away like that?  You can stay here with us.  There's an extra room you can use."

"I don't want to put you out."

"Nonsense.  I wouldn't bother if I didn't want you to stay.  We'll get your things this weekend."

"I have a game.  You guys are coming."

"We'll get the boys to help.  We'll do it in the morning."

"Okay"  I turned to Joon hee.  "You okay with this?"

"I'm fine.  I appreciate your and your Omoni's help.  Now that that's finished, we'll start your tutoring."  Joon hee walked over to the table and sat down.  

I had never been so happy to be tutored in my life.  My Joon hee was staying here.  I would see her all the time.  I hope she doesn't get sick of me.  Why am I thinking like this?  I sound obsessive.  I may be taking this to seriously.  Was I?  Why did I feel the need to consistently be around Joon hee?  She's all I think about.  I realised that I thought about her more then soccer.  This wasn't right.  I know, it's the thrill of the challenge.  That's it.  If that's all it is, why did I feel so sad about that thought?  Why do I find myself looking for her all the time?  I needed to talk to Omoni.

After tutoring was over, Joon hee went home to pack.  We offered to help but she said there wasn't much to do.  That she'd rather do it herself.  She bid us a good evening, bowed and left.  For the first time ever, I was glad Joon hee was gone.  I needed to talk to Omoni.

"Omoni."  

"Son.  What's on your mind?"

"There's something I'm not sure about.  Is it possible to have something that challenges you yet suddenly becomes an obsession?"

"Its possible.  Are you obsessing about something?"

"Yes.  I think it's Joon hee.  I was challenged by wanting to make her smile but now she's all I think about.  I find myself looking for her all the time.  I can't get her out of my head.  I don't want to stop helping her though.  I'm not sure what's going on."

"You can't get her out of your head because she's in your heart.  Your falling in love son."

"No I'm not.  I'm too young........I am?"  Omoni just nodded.  

No way.  I can't be, can I?  I wasn't sure what love was.  Was it always wanting to be with them?  Was it always thinking about them?  Always wanting to do things for them?   Is this what was going on with me?  I had to think about this, try to get this straightened out before Joon hee moved in.

"Son.  Stop thinking so much.  Love is not a test.  Just enjoy your time with her and let things happen naturally."  

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.  "Your right Omoni.  I need to stop thinking about it so much."

I felt better after I talked to Omoni.  I knew what would keep my mind occupied.  I had a game coming up and I needed to go over our plays.  I'd get through this.  I just had to not think about this.  I can do I this.  Oh!  Will it get awkward when she moves in?  Will she not like me when she really finds out  how I am?  I mean, when two people live together they find out every thing about each other.  Wait.  I'm being to sound like how I hear girls talk.  I'm a guy.  I need to do guy things, like fart and make other rude noises.  I know, I'll get the guys together and we'll play soccer.  

Crap.  I can't do that.  It's getting too late to play.  I think I'll just go to bed early, forget this conversation in my head just happened.  I'll be back to myself tomorrow.  It's an off day for me.  That's it.  Just a bad day.  I'm cool now.