Chapter 5

Can you make me feel again?

Youngguk's POV

Thing's seem to have changed between Joon hee and I.  You would think that our living in the same house would bring us closer together but it is having the opposite effect.  We avoid each other as much as we can.  I only see her at dinner and when she tutors me.  I can't help but stay away from her.  I don't want to fall in love with her; or anyone, for that matter.  I'm scared of hurting her but that's how I feel.

I don't know what else to do.  My hyungs have noticed and asked me about it but I just told them that I have something personal I'm trying to figure out.  This is effecting my soccer games too.  I can't seem to concentrate on anything but Joon hee.  I'm having a hard time focusing.  I don't sleep much.  I'm beginning to look like a panda with the dark circles under my eyes.

"Hyung were worried about you.  You look so awful."  Zelo said.

"It has to do with Joon hee, doesn't it?"  Himchan asked.

"Just leave me alone."  I hissed as I stormed out of the room.

I wish that they would all leave me alone.  I don't know how much more of this I can take.  I feel like going to explode.  I had to get away.  I didn't bother going to Mr. Choi's class.  I walked straight to the park and sat down on a bench and stayed there for sometime it seemed.  I never noticed the sun going down.

"May I have a seat?"  A stern voice asked.  I looked up.  The person who was driving me into madness stood before me.  I just shrugged my shoulders.  She sat.

"You didn't show up for your tutoring."  

"Had something else to do."

"Are you sorry you asked me to move in?"

"No."

"Your clearly upset about something."

"Just trying to figure something out."

"Is the problem with someone?"

"Yes."

"May I give you some advice?"  I just shrugged my shoulders.  "Just go to the source of the problem."

I just looked up at Joon hee.  "What if I hurt that person?"

"That's a risk you have to take.  They'll get over it."

"Even if it's you?"

"Is this about me?"

"Yes and no."

"Just tell me."

"You sure?"

"Positive."

"Remember what you just said." I reminded her.  Joon hee nodded.  "I find myself thinking of nothing else but you lately.  You started out nothing more then a challenge but now, your all I think about.  Omoni says I'm falling in love with you.  I don't want to fall in love with you, or with anyone.  I'm too young."

"I see.  I don't know anything about love.  Maybe we should talk to your Omoni about that.  I also find myself thinking of you much more then I should.  It can be a bit annoying.  Don't you think?"

"Sometimes.  I like you but I'm not sure about anything more."

"Just go with that and stop thinking about everything else."

"Okay. I think I can do that. I do feel better.  Thank you."

"Your welcome.  Let's go home.  It's my job to tutor you and that's what I'm going to do."

Things between Joon hee and I got better.  Omoni was right.  I was thinking too much.  She continued to tutor me, come to my games and hang out with me and my hyungs.  My hyungs told me they liked me better this way and whatever I was doing, to keep doing it.  I just smiled.

Every now and then I would find Joon hee starring at me with a quizzical look on her face; like she was trying to figure something out.  That's the only expression I have seen on her face for awhile.  I didn't know if that look was a good thing but I did know that I liked any expression that was on her beautiful face.  I was still determined to put a smile on her face.  I haven't given up on that.

I was thinking about some plays when my hyungs came running down the hallway.

"Hyung.  Is Joon hee pregnant?  Is that why your marrying her?"  Daehyun asked.

"WHAT?!!!!"  I was floored.  "Why would you ask a stupid question like that?"

"I didn't think so.  There's a rumor that's going around.  Someone knows Joon hee moved into your place and probably jumped to conclusions."  Youngjae replied.

"Oh man!  I need to find Joon hee."  I ran all over school with my hyungs trailing behind me.

"I think she has a break.  Let's check the library."  Zelo suggested.  

We raced to the library, pulling up when got to the door.  We didn't want to get kicked out before we even got in.  I walked through into the library and headed straight for the quiet room.  That's usually where Joon hee goes.  I walking into the small, quiet room when I spotted her.

"Joon hee.  We need to talk.  Now."  I demanded.

"Why?"  She asked.

"There's a rumor going around.  I....."

"Relax.  I've heard."  Joon hee interrupted.

"Doesn't it bother you?"

"No.  I do not let petty things, such as this, bother me.  I have more important things to attend to.  Apparently, it does bother you."

"I just don't want you to have anymore problems then your dealing with already."

"Thank you for thinking of me but I am not unfamiliar with petty rumors.  The question is, are you okay?"

"I'm fine.  It totally surprised me.  That's all."

"What do you propose to do about it?"

"Find out who's spreading the rumor."  I turned to my hyungs.  "You guys want to help?"

"Hyung.  Do you even have to ask?"  Jongup asked.

"I'll keep my ears open.  People tend to talk as though I'm not there."  Joon hee said.

"I have a way of getting people to talk.  I'll find something soon."  Zelo replied.

"That's true.  People do tend to tell you everything."  I replied.

"I may have to get a bit ugly about you, Joon hee.  Please remember that I'm not being sincere."  I assured her.

"Okay.  Do whatever you think you need to do."  She replied.

"I'm going to start by being angry."  I stated.  I turned to my hyungs.  "I need you guys to play along."

"Okay.  Let's begin."  Youngjae said.

"Let me get ahead before you guys catch up.  I need to make this as real as possible.  Forgive me Joon hee, for what I'm about to do."  

I grabbed her papers and threw them up in the air.  I stormed out of the library making enough noise to attract attention.  My hyungs stayed behind me but still made it look like they were trying to catch up.  Once in the hallway, they started yelling.

"Hyung!  Wait up."  Himchan called.

"I doubt Joon hee was the one who spread that rumor."  Youngjae added.

"Well she didn't deny it."  I replied.

"All she said was believe what you want."  Zelo said.

"Hyung."  Youngjae said.

"Stop!"  I shouted.  "If she is the one who did this, I will make her regret this."

I walked out the door with my hyungs trailing behind.  We ducked behind a car in the parking lot.

"Was I convincing?"  I asked.

"Yeah.  I was starting to believe it."  Zelo replied.  I saw the others nod.

"Good.  If whoever did this believes that I think Joon hee is responsible, they may slip up."  I said.

"I hope so.  I don't like the idea of you being angry at Joon hee."  Zelo said.

"Me either.  We need to find out who did this.  Soon."  I replied.

I really did hate pretending to be mad at Joon hee.  I'm glad we started tutoring at home.  I didn't want to act like this any more then I had to.  I walked to my next class.  Joon hee was in this class too so I had be angry.  My hyungs and I went to our desks.  I looked over at Joon hee from the corner of my eye.  She was ridged as she always was.

I leaned over towards Youngjae who sat next to me.  "Look for anyone who seems to be enjoying this a little too much."

Youngjae nodded.  I looked around the classroom.  I didn't notice anyone indicating that they may be the person.  It wasn't as if they would come up to me and admit they did it.  I took one more look at Joon hee before class started.  If any of this bothered her she never let on.  

I growled a little for dramatic purposes.  Everyone looked at me, including Joon hee.  I glared at her.  She turned back to the front of the class with that stone look on her face.  I noticed some girl looking at Joon hee with a slight smile on face.  I leaned over to Youngjae and told him about her.  When I looked back at her she was already facing the front of the class.

We would have to find out who this girl is and if she was the one who started all this.  I hope she is the one so we could end this quickly.  I chanced one more glance at Joon hee before class began.  Hang in there Joon hee.  Hang in there.