Surprise Progress

People Like You

Rae and Yongguk can finally say that they have now reconciled. She couldn’t reject his heartfelt apology that night. Rae is finally able to put her mind to better use and focus on her tasks instead of being sidetracked with thinking about Yongguk judging her.
Yongguk did feel lighter after apologizing to Rae and of course he reported the progress to his girlfriend. Ji Eun felt ecstatic and thankful for Yongguk’s actions.

Regarding the corruption case, progress has been slow yet steady, at least a good amount of new information kept coming in every day. The pace frustrated Rae and the others but she knows that each day is another step closer to justice. It should be worth the wait.
“Good morning Rae.” Dong Wook, one of Rae’s colleagues, dropped by her cubicle to greet her.
“Oh, good morning sunbae.” Rae replied with a smile and a bow.
“New letters just came in.” He placed them down on her table and left after Rae thanked him.
Rae started skimming and sorting through the envelopes.
“Woah…” Her smile kept getting bigger and bigger as she realized a lot of those mails consisted of photocopies of diplomas and certificates.
“I think this calls for special deliveries.” Rae talked to herself, proud of all the accomplishments in her hands.

Rae personally went to the sponsors' mailing addresses to deliver the good news to them.
“Wow, I’m so proud of him.” So-ra told Rae as she opened the letter as soon as Rae handed it over.
Sung Woo, another donor, became teary eyed upon reading that his ‘daughter’ passed her entrance exam.
Rae’s heart just swelled when she took in the grateful and proud reactions of these people.
Her last stop was Hannamdong, BAP’s dorm.
Rae held the envelope against her chest as she waited for the door to open.
“Oh, it’s you noona.” Jongup answered with a smile that just made his eyes disappear.
“Hi Jongup-ssi, is Yongguk here?”
“He’s at the recording studio right now. Why?” Jongup replied before slipping on his shoes.
“Ah really? Well, I had some special delivery today but I guess I’ll just pass it to you.” Rae couldn’t help but feel a bit bad, she wanted to see how Yongguk would react.
Zelo suddenly appeared behind Jongup and cheerfully greeted Rae and asked her the same thing that Jongup asked, which made Rae repeat herself.
“There’s no need to pass it to us noona, you can still personally give it to him. We’re going to TS now, you can ride with us.” Zelo offered their friendly service so casually.
“Huh? Oh I don’t want to bother you guys. Maybe it’s best that you just give it to him.” Rae stuttered in surprise.
“Don’t worry, we’re on our way there anyway. Besides he’ll probably go on a break after we arrive.”
“No really, it’s okay.” Rae gently rejected their kindness.

Guess who won in the end?

Rae walked behind the tall maknae as they led her to the room where Yongguk is in.
Rae felt shy upon entering the recording studio, this was not her element. She heard a deep husky voice from the speakers a few seconds after Jongup told her to sit on the couch.
She then saw Yongguk through the small window in front of the technician, he was inside the booth recording his part for their newest song 'Where Are You? What Are You Doing? 어디니? 뭐하니?'.
From where he's standing, Yongguk couldn't see Rae, but if he could then he'd see the mesmerized look on her face as she watched and listened to him rap.
Rae's phone rang while she was waiting for Yongguk to finish his part. For a short solo you'd think he'd be done in a jiffy but the leader is a perfectionist so he took his time. Rae stepped out of the room to answer her dad's call.
"Rae, are you still at work?" Her dad asked right away. 
"I already left, why?"
"Oh good. Wait, you do mean that you left for good, right?"
"No appa. What I meant was I left the office earlier than to run errands outside." Rae shook her head as if her dad can see her. Good thing the corridor was empty of people.
"I know your mom tried to tell before but can't you just quit? Get out of that mess innocent before you get dragged down with them."
"Not this again." Rae mumbled before letting out a sigh. "You know I cant do that, especially now. We’ve had a breakthrough. I know it'll be over soon." Rae defended herself. Her parents has been trying to convince her to leave the charity. She knows that they're just looking out for her but she just can't find it in her heart to drop everything just like that.
"I'll visit you both the day after tomorrow. Don't worry about me, I'm happy. I swear. Yes, I love you. Bye." Rae didn't know that a certain someone could hear the last minute of her conversation. 
"Oh my gosh! You surprised me." Rae gasped when she suddenly saw Yongguk standing behind her. 
"I should be the one surprised by you suddenly coming over." Yongguk was confused when Jongup told her that Rae was in the hallways waiting for him. "What made you visit? I didn't know we were best friends after last time." Yongguk joked. 
Rae rolled her eyes and got the envelope from her bag.
"Here, congratulations!" Rae smiled at Yongguk as she handed it over him.
"Congratulations! Your sponsored child just graduated from Elementary!" Rae watched Yongguk's eyes light up when he read all the details in the letter out loud. He looked back up at her, his shining eyes and gummy smile said it all. 
"This is just...wow. This made my week, my month even." Yongguk was elated and Rae loved that look on his face. He made a motion to hug her but stopped midway, remembering that they don't have that kind of a close relationship. The hesitant gesture made things very awkward in between them. He slowly put his arms down and looked elsewhere. 
"Uhm...is Jieun here?" Rae just said the first thing that came to her mind. Was she disappointed or relieved with the lack of skinship?  
"She left after lunch to meet up with my brother." Yongguk replied.
"Again?" Rae probably reacted a bit too quickly.
"Again? The last time they saw each other was when we all went out last month."
"Huh? But I thought…nevermind." Rae recalled that time a week ago wherein Jieun and her were having a video call. Jieun was showing her new hairstyle and Rae is ninety percent sure she heard Jieun squeal Yongnam's name as he suddenly appeared beside her on the screen before the call got cut. Jieun didn't try to call her back and just messaged her that the 'friend' she was waiting for suddenly arrived. Rae decided not to share that info anymore, unsure whether shes just over thinking things since Yongguk sounded like he didn't know that they hung out.
"Anyway, that's all I went here for." Rae changed the topic.
"Are you going back to your office?" Yongguk curiously asked. 
"Nope, done for the day." 
"Well since you're free, do you want a tour of the building? Or better yet, you want try recording?" Yongguk offered since it must be rare for her to be in a building of an entertainment agency. 
"Thanks but I'll pass. I don't think my voice suits the style of your songs. I was told I'm more of  bossa nova kind of girl." She chuckled. 
"Then you'd be perfect for our latest track. You have no excuses now. No escape." Yongguk smirked before pulling her back to the recording booth.


 
Just had to insert some of the people from Roommate. Obsessed with that show!

Btw, I recently changed my username ;)