I See You

People Like You

“That seminar made me go hungry! They didn’t even give us snacks.” Dongwook complained while he and Rae walked to find a place to eat.

“Well they did give us milk tea to compensate.” Rae pointed out the ‘bright side’ after she laughed at Dongwook’s reaction.

“Let’s eat there! I read that they have great ramen.” Dongwook led Rae to a quaint Japanese restaurant and she didn’t mind at all.

“Hi, table for two please.” Dongwook talked to the waitress.

“Is it okay for you to wait sir? We still have a full house but there will probably be a table available within five minutes.” The waitress apologetically informed the two.

Dongwook and Rae were okay with it. If they were full it should be enough evidence that they really serve delicious food.

After a few minutes, the waitress notified Dongwook and Rae that their table was being cleared already. The two were able to order in advance so that they won’t have to wait long to be served once they are seated.

It turns out that its BAP’s table that went to Dongwook and Rae. How did they know? Well the group went out just in time for the waitress to welcome them inside.

‘I should have known I’d see them around here.’ Rae thought once she realized that it was them. Actually, Rae shouldn’t have been that surprised since the restaurant they are at is just a few minutes away from BAP’s dorm.

The guys immediately greeted Rae as soon as they noticed her standing not so far from them.

“Hi guys. This is Lee Dongwook, my sunbae at the company.” Rae introduced them to each other and also cleared to Yongguk that Dongwook is innocent from any suspicions he may have.

Yongguk rolled his eyes at Rae’s comment before changing the topic.

“Anyway, Jieun really liked the birthday gift. Thanks again for helping me out.” Yongguk continued to talk to Rae while the boys started to talk among themselves and Dongwook entered the restaurant to use the loo.

“That’s great! I’m happy she liked it.”

“Yeah...you know I’m not usually the one to notice but you kind of don't look like your normal self. Everything okay?” Yongguk just had to ask, as a worried and curious friend. He saw how her eyes didn’t really sparkle and her voice didn’t have that spunk that he grew familiar with over their ‘moments’ of bickering.
“Wow. Thanks for saying I look stressed.” Rae laughed it off before continuing. “Maybe I haven't just had enough sleep. I’ve been ironing out the plans for the outreach.” Rae stated, although she didn’t include that part that she’s also become panicky ever since the mysterious email she received a week ago.
“Oh which reminds me, I already confirmed my participation for the outreach. Even Jieun’s coming. I’m pretty excited about it.”
“Really?? I didn't know that. I guess I didn't get that memo, which is weird.” Rae tilted her head to the side as a sign of confusion that she didn’t see Yongguk and Jieun’s name come up on their list of participants.
“Are you sure? I signed up for the Cambodia trip since that’s the only schedule I’m available.” Yongguk thought that Rae was the one personally in charge of the outreach, an additional reason why he thought going would be a good idea for him and his girlfriend.

“Oh maybe that’s why. I'm in charge with the outreach in Mongolia which is for a later date. Too bad I won’t be able to facilitate you two.”

“Rae, our food just arrived.” Unfortunately Dongwook interrupted their conversation at the same time that Zelo called Yongguk’s attention.

“Hyung our car is here.” Jongup shouted once the manager arrived with their van.

“It was nice seeing you.”

“Yeah you too. See you around.” Little did Yongguk know that he’ll be seeing her much sooner.

 

Rae praised their food and Dongwook’s recommendation because the ramen they ordered really was the best she’s ever had.

Dongwook treated Rae as he paid for the bill, mentioning that he’s just being a great sunbae. Dongwook also offered to take Rae home but Rae politely rejected the offer.

“You go ahead sunbae. There’s a pet shop around here that I want to check out.”

Rae has always wanted to get a pet to accompany her but her apartment had a strict process and requirements that she didn’t have time to go through. Recently though the urge to get a furry baby has become stronger.

Rae arrived at the pet shop that she’s passed by the times she’s gone to BAP’s dorm. She talked to the owner and inquired about the possible breeds she can take care of considering her apartment’s requirements.

“They’re all so cute! How can anyone just choose one.” Rae squealed when the attendant brought her to the dogs and cats that she can adopt.

Rae still needed to do her research and get an approval before she could decide and take home a pet. At least now she has narrowed down the choices and got a letter of recommendation from the owner of the pet shop.

The sun has already set when she went out of the shop. It would take ten to fifteen minutes for her to reach the nearest train and bus station.

While walking, Rae had a strange feeling bubbling in the pit of her stomach. She didn’t if it was just her nerves getting the best of her and making her feel anxious or if there really is someone following her. She used the front camera of her phone to sneakily check and indeed there was a tall guy, dressed in dark clothes who kept a distance yet seemed to keep stealing glances at her.

Every turn she chose, the guy followed soon after. With every step closer, Rae’s heart beat faster.