Matchmaking

People Like You

Daehyun and Himchan went to the coffee shop they frequented to buy drinks for the rest of BAP and their back up dancers. They were supposed to just order, wait and go as soon as possible but someone caught the younger one’s eyes.

“Noona, is this seat taken?” Daehyun approached Rae’s table first while Himchan ordered their drinks.

“Oh, hi.” She looked up and was surprised that Daehyun was standing next to the empty chair. She motioned for him to take a seat.

“How are you doing?” Daehyun asked cheerfully.

“So-so…but better compared to the last time you saw me. What are you guys doing here?” Rae asked curiously. They just can't be simply frolicking around in the open, they are celebrities after all.

“We’re on a break from practice but hyung and I were tasked to buy coffee for everyone at the studio. Caffeine is a must to survive.” Rae chuckled at how Daehyun emphasized their need for some strong kicking coffee to keep them up. By this time Himchan joined them at their table.

“Anyways we saw you and we wanted to thank you for what you did.” Daehyun continued.

“What did I do?” She asked genuinely uncertain with what they were pertaining to.

“For bringing the letters to Yongguk. He paraded them around the dorm with a grin on his face.” Himchan informed Rae of how her ‘small’ act gave a positive effect.

“Yongguk told you that??”

“Well...technically he didn’t mention that you brought it but we figured it out.” Himchan shrugged his shoulders.

Himchan and Daehyun stayed longer than they intended to because they got carried away in chatting with Rae.

 

 

“Do you want to know what I found out?” Ji Eun played with the cord of her earphones as she talked with her boyfriend while the other boys rested.

“What?” Yongguk responded. His ears are perked up to listen to her but his eyes were stuck on the computer in front of him as he watched his group’s practice video.

“Rae is single.” Ji Eun announced. She decided to share this new found information to her boyfriend, hoping he can help her with the plan she had in mind.

“And you’re telling me this because…?” Yongguk trailed, confused as to why she told him that out of nowhere. ‘Although that was the fact I was hoping for before. Wait, why am I even thinking about that?! It’s all in the past.’ Yongguk mentally argued and scolded himself. Now is not the time to be thinking about another girl when his girlfriend is in the same room as him.

“Well…I want to set her up with someone. Maybe one of the guys or Yongnam?”

“Why do you want her to date hyung?” Yongguk finally turned his swivel chair around to look at Ji Eun. The progress of this topic has caught his attention as it seems like his girlfriend already has something up her sleeves.

“Why not? Regardless of what you think, she is a good person. Yongnam isn’t seeing anyone too.”

“I wouldn’t know, haven’t talked to him for a bit.”

“I just called him yesterday. He’s interested in a blind date. I think they are going to be a good match, don’t you think?” Ji Eun had a playful expression on her face while trying to convince Yongguk that it is indeed a good idea.

“Wow, you get to talk to hyung more than I do.” Yongguk answered back, not giving his opinion about her match-making idea. 

Ji Eun chuckled “Well someone has to.”

Yongguk appreciated that she kept in touch and updated the twins about each other. Ji Eun actually knew Yongnam way before she met Yongguk so it’s no surprise to him when she gets to talk to him more often than he does. Yongnam was the one who referred Ji Eun to move to TS Entertainment since the company she used to work for started to become unstable. The two had a good steady friendship but with a vague ‘I think I like you but I won’t say anything because I don’t to mess our friendship.’ relationship. After a month or so of meeting her, Yongguk made a move on Ji Eun. He asked her out on a date after a sensing that they had a good chemistry, and not only music wise. As the older brother, Yongnam didn’t say a word and backed off for Yongguk’s sake, in his chance of love. Yongguk never knew about this. Ji Eun felt Yongnam’s special affection but up to this day she doesn’t know why he never confessed. Maybe his feelings for her wasn’t strong enough? She tried to give him a chance but he didn’t step up. Despite feeling something for Yongnam, Ji Eun didn’t have the heart to reject Yongguk. Besides, there is no use of liking someone who isn’t showing any initiative of winning your heart. So that’s why she allowed herself to get to know Yongguk and fall for his charms. Don’t get Ji Eun wrong, her feelings for Yongguk are genuine.

The true question is…are her feelings for Yongguk beyond than what she felt for Yongnam?

So is this idea of hers to set Rae up on a blind date with Yongnam, is it her way of ‘making it up’ to Yongnam? To help him forget her?

Is she even sure what her true intentions are?


 

A short chapter describing Ji Eun's relationship with the Bang brothers. 

Experiencing some writers block for this and Changmin's story. Hope you still get to enjoy them.