Chapter 10.

Popular Nerd!





Eunjung P.O.V.


'Uhm... Do you like someone?' Qri asked at Hyomin. Mi heart stopped for a second and my body tensed.
I was afraid of the answer.

Why am I afraid? she would have told me, right? 

I calmed down slightly and looked at her right when she glanched at me.

'Well... There is someone.' Hyomin mumbled flushing slightly on the cheeks. All did their comments like "waaah really?", "uuuh!", "who is he?"  while I stood there with my mouth slightly open, disbelief at what I just heard.

A lump formed in my throat and again our eyes met for an instant, before I lower my head. I don't know if she noticed the sadness in my eyes, I didn't care at the end.
My heart broke in just two seconds and, right now, I just wanted to sink in my bed and sleep. I didn't want to do anything after this confession. It hurts to much.
At the same time, however, I didn't want to ruin the atmosphere of party in the air, so I took a deep breath and raised my head with a fake smile on my face. 

I noticed that Hyomin was still looking at me and gave me a slight smile even tought I couldn't read her expression, while the others had started a discussion abouth their past love.
After a twenty minutes of talking no sense we continued the game. 
In summary: Boram was forced to post an embarassing photo of her on facebook, Soyeon repaied Jiyeon in the same way, making her take off her shirt, while I told everyone that I can't swim. (Even if they already knew. I think Jiyeon asked me this question just to make Hyomin know about it and embarrass me.)

It was 3 a.m. now. The rest of the night passed quietly; talking and joking. Of course, I continued to be sad but I couldn't bring me down like this. 
I Observed as always Hyomin and noticed that sometimes she was frowning and bringing her hand on the ribs, even if she tried to do it so naturally that no one would have paid much attention. 
I was pretty sure that she was in pain and, now that all my friends were in their rooms to rest, I went in front the room of the injured girl to make sure she was fine.
I knocket at the door and after a few seconds she opened it, moving to the side to let me in.

'Oh, aren't you sleepy? It's late and we have school tomorrow.' Hyomin said closing the door behind her. A little giggle escaped my lips.

'Tomorrow is Halloween, we don't have school. Otherwise I wouldn't ler the others sleep her and make party all night, right?' at my words she looked at me with a plank expression.

'Tomorrow is really Halloween? I lost track of time I guess.' she mumbled, sitting on the bed and I sat next to her. 

'The brillant Hyomin forget such simple things?' I looked at the girl with a fake shocked expression and, in response, she glared at me.

'Ooh~ cute puppy eyes!' I continued to  bursting in laughter while she just giggled a little to make me understand that she was ok with the teasing. You could see that she wasn't in mood for jokes right now.

'Are you okay?' I asked almost immediately and Hyomin nodded. 

'Are you sure? You are so pale and before it seemed that you were in pain.'  I insisted, worried about her.

'It's notthing Eunjung, it hurts just a little near the ribs.' she reassured me, smiling. 

'Aniyo, you can't stay like this. Wait, I take a ice pack so you can feel a little better maybe.' 
I stood up while talking and, without waiting for a reply, I went to take the ice pack and returned to the younger girl.

'Come on, lie. I'll be your personal nurse.' I giggled looking at her lying on the bed and I sat next to her legs.
With a bit of hesitation I rised up her pajama top, revealing her bare belly with great abs. Wow.. I remained a few seconds with my eyes on her perfect abs without even realizing it, and Hyomin, pointed this out.

'Yah, what are you looking at?' she said with a higher tone than usual, making me jump slightly. 

'I just-.. I-... uhm.. How did you get those abs?'  I simply asked, placing the ice pack were the black and purple marks were clearly visible. 

'Ah.. cold, cold!' Hyomin mumbled moving slightly and biting her lover lip. 'Well..' she continued after being used  at the temperature of the ice pack. 'I used to dance before.'

'What? Really?'  
I rised my eyes to look at her face, she nodded. 'For how long?' I asked. I was curious to know more of her life, it seems I don't know anything about her.

'Mmmh.. since I was really little. I was the leader of the dance team in my old school.' she spoke of it as if it was nothing special, but hell, after this I think I admire her even more. Beautiful, nice, intelligent and now she happened to be a good dancer.

'Wow!' I just could say. A question mark was now the expression of her face. 'Why didn't you tell me about this? And I tought that I know you well.' I was a little disappointed, I think Hyomin noticed it. I brought my gaze back at the ice pack still placed firmly on her belly.

'Sorry, sorry.' she giggled a little. 'It's just notthing so interesting right?'

'But I will know more about you. Now tell me all!'
I made an aegyo voice so that she was 'forced' to speak.

'Okay okay! Also... I was on this dance team in my old school; we were so good that we won for three years in a row the "Best school dance team" trophy.' I was totally focused in her talk, I liked listening to her voice. I took off for a few minutes the ice pack from her belly, I know that after a while the coldnes can bother the body. 

'Really? Tre times?' I mumbled surprised.

'Yeah! I attended other competitions outside of the school in which I could win money. You know, my family has never been rich... indeed... My mother has always worked hard as a waitress to give us everything we needed while my father was fired so many years ago...' her voice went from a calm and firm tone, to a low, almost trembling. It was so strange to hear her talk about her parents and I didn't want to interrupt her now that she was opening up to me. So, to make her understand that I was following her discourse, I just nodded or looked at her with a curious look.

'Anyway, to help them a little, I decided to earn my own money so that I could pay for the eyes operation.'

'Wait, wait, wait! Eyes operation? So there would be a way to make you see or?'
 I just asked without thinking, now I really wanted to know. 

'I could do this operation, but it requires a certain amount of money... and so, as I was saying before, I began to participate in these competitions. My parents continued to insist that they wanted to pay for this operation but I just didn't want... I had already set aside more than half of the money,  I was succeeding​.'  she stopped talking and now it was all quiet, surely we were the only ones still awake. 

'They must be very proud of you.' I said smiling at her, after a few more moments of silence. I thought she would smile at my words but no, I could see tears forming in her eyes. Did I say something wrong? I panicked.

'H-Hyomin, is something wrong?'

'No, I'm okay.'
she mumbled with a broken voice, lifting with her finger the glasses and wiping away the tears with the palm of the hand, before they could slip on her face. Her answer made ​​me slightly angry.

'Hyomin, stop saying you're fine when it's not so. I want you to talk with me, I'm your friend and I'm here to listen to you. You can trust me, I don't like to see you in this state.. so, please, if something makes you sad or you're sick, tell me. I'm always here for you.' it was not my brain to form the words but my heart and for a moment I was surprised. No one has ever looked at me like Hyomin right now; her eyes were full of gratitude even though they were starting to fill with tears again. 
I've never did anything to make people around me happy or just help them, receiving so a sign of gratitude. I've never connected to someone who needs help, I was always in my own world; money, shopping, fun, party. I couldn't see anything beyond this.
But now there's her. She who always worked hard to have thinks that I always had. She who never complains. She who made me open my eyes.
Life is mean to make also other happy, not only ourself. And I want to make her happy. 

'Eunjung, you're the only person I trust right now.' the soft voice of the girl ringed in my ears. Giving herself a slight with the hands against the mattress, she managed to sat on the bed.
A soft smile appeared on my face. 'And I trust you. You can tell me anything, really.'

'It's just that I don't speak about this often.'
she brought her gaze downwards to her hands who were shaking slightly.

About what? What makes you so sad? What is your secret Hyomin? 

'Keeping everything inside is not good.' I mumbled looking at her, remembering that Miyoung had always told me the same thing when I had a problem, and it's true.  
The gilr with the glasses was trying with all her strength not to cry; she was clenching her teeth and her fists.
I couldn't no longer see her like this; I approached Hyomin, enclosing her in a hug and, after less than two seconds, I felt her arms around my neck.
Sobs filled the room and I knew that she was letting out all that was hurting her inside.

"People don't only speak with the mouth, but also with the eyes. And that girl's eyes are full of sadnass, did you ever notice?"

Miyoung's words returned in my mind while I was holding her close to me, rubbing my hand against her back.

So, that's the real Hyomin. Strong out and broken inside.

'I miss them so much.' Hyomin said near my ear, after calming down slightly. Still close to me, I couldn't see her face. 
I was going to ask about who she was talking but then my brain put together all the little pice of the puzzle.

Whenever we talk about her parents she becomes cold and sad, just as a moment ago.
I used to think that her parents were like mine, that they didn't care so much about their children and this is the reason ehy Hyomin doasn't talk much about them. But no, I was wrong. 
Her mother did everything for them, from what Hyomin told me before. 
Why did they leave Hyomin alone with Mason then? The only explanation is that-.. no, it can't be so...  


I was really thinking the worst but, hell, it all made sense now.

'Hyomin...' I was afraid to ask such a question.. but I had to know. Again it formed a lump in my throat and I felt tears coming up to my eyes. 'I wouldn't like to ask you but... are your parents... dead?' The body of the girl, that kept even closer than before in my arms, tensed for a moment and her arms tightened even more around my neck. The air was heavy and the silence wasn't helping.

'Mh.. nae..' she wispered and, in the same time, a tear escaped from my eyes. I couldn't belive it. 

'I'm sorry..' was the only thing that my mouth could say. 


We stayed for quite a while like that. None of us was saying a word and I was listening to Hyomin's heart that was calming down with the minutes.
Slowly she was leaving the grip of my neck, definitely tired and I told her to rest now.

'Eunjung... Can you... sleep with me just for tonight?' she asked me with a shy voice as she was putting herself under the covers.

'Sure!' I said with a sweet voice, smiling at her and, after she moved to make me space in the bed, I lay next to her.

 Hyomin removed the glasses from her face and halfclosed her eyes. 

'Can you please place them on the bedside table?' and she brought the glasses near to me. I took them and put them where she asked me. 

'Good night favourite teacher.' i said giggling slightly, stretching an arm towards the only source of light in the room, the lamp on the bedside table. Whit a click I turned it off and I turned towards Hyomin even if all I could see was dark now. 
In an instant sleep overwhelmed me and I closed my eyes ready to go to dreamland.

'Eunjung.' Hyomin wispered after a few seconds.

'mh?!' I just said not opening my eyes.

'Thank you.'

'For what?' 
I asked with my sleepy voice.

'For existing.' Two words who made me a new person. A smile automatically appeared on my lips. 
She makes me feel alive, more than anyone else. She gave me a real reason to live.

'So.. Thank you too for existing.'

and I mean it for real.






Yeh! Chapter 10 is out. 
So, Eunjung is knowing more about Hyomin's past.
How is it? Please leave a comment to make me know TwT
I'm really sorry if it is too short and for any grammar errors.
As always, thank you all for the support, it means a lot to me <33
Next chapter is coming soon~~