Two

The Letter C

That number that Sehun gave me? Yeah, I didn't use it for a long time.

How was I supposed to? I didn't know what to say, I didn't know how to act, I just knew that I had to pick up the phone and dial the number.

And then my parents found out.

My mom literally sat me down and gave me a whole speech about how to talk to guys, and seriously, it drove me nuts. I already know how to do that, I just need to grow a pair, and ing do it.

But, as her only son, (And given the circumstances that I am going to die eventually) I let her have her little talk and thanked her afterwards.

When I'd managed to avoid the rest of my family and lock myself in my bedroom, I took out my phone and stared at the number for a while. It had been almost two weeks since Sehun had given it to me, maybe it's time I finally use the damn thing.

But again, what to say?

"Hey there, my name is Kai, and my friend Sehun set me up with you. By the way, I have cancer that is slowly eating me alive inside my bones, so there's really no point in contacting you if I'm going to die, but I'm doing it any way."

Yeah, that sounds like a great plan.

I groaned, throwing my phone on the bed, and laying backwards on it.

Sehun wouldn't even give me any information on this guy, only that he was apparently tall, dark, and handsome. (Little er wouldn't even show me a picture, how was I supposed to know he wasn't ugly?)

I debated on texting him, but that's just really informal. How the hell can you really talk to a person if all your doing is reading a bunch of letters. That's not communicating.

So after about ten minutes of telling myself that I needed to grow up, saying "You can do this, it's just a phone call." over and over again, and picking up my phone again, I dialed the number.

It rang.

And it rang.

And rang.

And rang.

And rang. (Is he gonna pick up?)

And ra-

"Hello?"

.

He picked up.

What do I say now? I had nothing planned. "Uh, hi. This is Kai, my friend Sehun gave me your number."

His voice was deep as he chuckled on the other line. "Hey, yeah, Hunnie mentioned you to me. I've heard so much about you." He said, drawing a small blush from me. It was a pretty smooth pick up line, but I wasn't focused on it. The big question was: How much had Sehun shared?

I laid down on my bed again, staring up at my ceiling. "Oh? And just what has he told you?" I asked, trying to be as flirtatious as possible.

Grant it, I'm not really flirtatious, but I decided to try and be different. Perhaps it would turn out differently than the other dates did. (Oh, who am I kidding? We both know that's a load of bull. It most likely won't work)

There was a pause on the other line. "He told me that you use to dance, you're very sweet, and you have a great sense of humor. But, that's all he would tell me, he wouldn't even show me your picture." I laughed hard hearing that.

So Sehun was literally making it a blind date. Who knows what this guy looked like, let alone what he thought I looked like.

"Really now? He did the same thing with me, I have no idea what you look like." His laugh made me want to do summer saults in the sun. It was deep, and full of life, and reminded me of the sound honey would make if it could talk. It held a certain vibrance, something I'd been lacking for a long time.

If his face was as gorgeous as his voice, I think I might just lay down and say, "Take me now."

"Well, we could always meet in person." He suggested. I could almost hear him smile on the other end. And honestly, I thought it was a good idea. Until I thought about it. It wasn't that I didn't want to meet him, I was just nervous.

"I guess that would work. Where would you want to meet?" I asked. Who knew? Maybe I could make it through the night without making myself look like a complete fool in front of him. I just hoped he wouldn't be a enormous like the rest of them had been.

"Actually, I just moved into town, so I don't know where anything is. Got any recommendations?" I chuckled, sitting up from my bed. "There's this great place in town, The Grind, they have coffee and ." I said, not even thinking before I talked. I heard him snickering on the other line.

"Is that so? Well then, I must try this . Gotta see if it's as great as you say." I had a hard time hiding my smile after that. A subtle jokester. I liked it. It was much better than the troll I had been out with. I had to admit, it was pretty funny.

"Yes, the is fantastic." I mused back at him "I guarantee that you'll be wanting more." I responded, pulling a laugh out of him. "I like you, Kai. You seem like a pretty chill guy." My smile grew even wider. I'd never been hit on before, but I think that was something close to it. (Actually, I had been hit on, but not in the way that he did it)

"Well thank you mysterious person, I will take that as a compliment." I'd been on the phone with him not even five minutes, we'd already made plans to meet up, and I didn't even know his name. Was this a good or bad thing? I had no idea.

"How rude of me! I'm Kris. Pleasure to meet you." I would have assumed he would follow that line with a royal bow, or a gesture of his hand. He seemed like the type that would just goof off like that. I liked him so far.

"Well Kris, thank you for the compliment. I'll be sitting in the back corner, in a booth titled, The Nook. See you at The Grind, say three on Saturday?" I asked, hoping I didn't sound to lame.

"It's a date."

~*~

Have you ever been so nervous for something, that you feel like you will throw your guts up at any moment?

That's how I felt getting ready for that date.

I had no idea it could be so nerve wracking, trying to find the right outfit. It's ridiculous. I'm getting coffee with him, I should not have been panicking about this!

Sehun had dressed me for all my other dates. Now that I think about it, Sehun dressed me in general, he's always had better fashion sense than me. Then again, Tao taught him everything he knows.

When I'd finally managed to find the right outfit, that I deemed somewhat presentable, I made my way out of my house, being sure to grab my back pack on my way out. It kept all my cancer stuff in there, just in case anything were to happen.

The main thing I had to worry about was my phone, but if I were to have fracture, or like something worse (God forbid) I would be prepared.

Everything would have been fine, had my family not caught me leaving. My mom and dad had been in the living room watching TV, and my sisters were making food in the kitchen.

"Kai, where are you going?" My mother had said to me.

"And why do you look so fancy, son?" My father had chimed in, and of course my nosey sister came in, looking me over from head to toe.

"I'm going out for coffee." I said, hoping they wouldn't ask any more questions.

I was sadly mistaken.

Mom: "With who?"

Me: "A friend." 

Mom: "Sehun?"

Me: "No."

Dad: "Minseok?" (A friend of mine that I met last time I was in the hospital)

Me: "No."

My sister: "Kyungsoo?" (A friend from school)

Me: "No."

My other sister: "Then who?"

I searched for something to say so they wouldn't freak out. "It's just a new friend, I gotta go, I'll be back before curfew." I said, hurrying to shuffle out the door and shut it behind me.

I walked as quickly as I could with out screaming in pain from going to fast, and hurried myself into my car. When I got in I had to sit there a few minutes to gain my barings.

It's not that I don't want my family to know, it's just when I went on dates before, they flipped out. And when I say flipped out, I mean they were taking pictures, telling us to have a nice time, giving them my whole life's story. It was a pain in the .

Hopefully, they won't embarrass me if this turns out okay.

~*~

I was early.

I was literally thirty minutes early. Why? Because, I may or may not have been worried about how it would go. As you know, dates haven't gone well for me.

And this just had 'Bad Juju' written all over it.

Why the hell I had said yes to this date? Why had I even called him? Why did I let Sehun give me his number? , I'm gonna be sick. I knew this was a bad idea, I shouldn't have come here-

"Excuse me," A voice cut into my mini mental break down. I looked up, meeting gazes with big, warm, chocolate brown eyes, and a sweet smile that would make anyone go week at the knees. "Kai?" I stood up, fixing my shirt as I did, and trying not to wince at the pain of moving to fast. (Sometimes, if I moved my limbs to fast, the pain intensifies)

"Uh, yeah, hi." I said, doing my best not to sound like an awkward teenager. Wow, Sehun wasn't kidding when he said this guy was tall, dark, and handsome. (Actually, he was down right y. Scratch that, gorgeous.) Kris smiled, extending his hand out to me.

"Hi, it's nice to meet you in person." He said, shaking my hand and sitting down next to me at the table. Kris and I sat there in an awkward silence.

I honestly think he was just as nervous as I was. Which was odd. One the phone he sounded so confident.

"Sorry, I just didn't expect you to be so handsome." He suddenly said. Had he just read my thoughts or something? What is he, psychic?

"Huh?" I asked dumbly. I truly believe he read my thoughts.

Kris chuckled, ducking his head before looking back up and meeting my eyes. "The look you gave me, I know, I'm a little more shy when I meet people in person." he admitted, glancing back down at his fingers, fiddling with them as he waited for response.

I took the time to look him over before I responded. His hair was dark brown, cut neatly to his head. (The look suited him) He had this jaw line, (I don't know, I'm weird like that) gosh, he was beautiful. And his lips! (Praise whatever higher being there is out there for giving him those lips) Plump, pink, and Oh-So-Kissable. It's like he jumped out of a book, everything was perfect on him, right down to his nose.

I smiled, some of the nerves leaving me. I could tell that him playing with his fingers was a nervous habit, so that meant he was just as freaked out by this as I was. Cute.

"Don't be sorry, it's chill." I said, trying to get him to look at me. I had to say, he was pretty adorable when he was shy, but I wanted to get to know the real Kris. And the real Kris seemed like the one I met on the phone: Confident, smart, and charismatic. (Add funny into the mix)

He glanced back up at me, a coy smile gracing his lips. "Okay. So tell me, what are we going to do on this date?" He asked. I turned my head, looking around the crowded cafe. I didn't really wanna leave, but there wasn't much would could do in this setting.

"How about we play twenty questions?" I asked, kicking myself mentally for sounding like a middle schooler. (Seriously, who plays twenty questions anymore?)

Kris nodded, propping his elbows up on the table. "Sounds like fun. What do you want to know?"

(Side note: Did he just agree to it?)

I blinked a few times, trying to find the right question to ask. Leading with something like your favorite band or color, didn't sound like something a mature sixteen year old would ask. Then again, I had my moments.

"Where are you from? You mentioned you were new in town." Yeah, that sounds much better then what I had originally planned.

"I'm from China." He said, offering me a breath taking smile. (I swear, if he keeps this up, I'm going to be a small puddle on the floor) Why did this guy have to be so gorgeous?

"My turn," He turned himself towards me so he could look at me. "How old are you?" He asked. I decided to have a little fun with him. "How old do I look?" I asked.

"You can't answer my question with another question." He was smiling.

"Yes I can."

"That's not how it works."

"How I play, it does."

Kris rolled his eyes, propping his chin in his hands. He was studying me. Trying to figure out how old I was. For a second, I thought he would hurt himself, because he looked like he was genuinely stumped.

"Twenty."  He said finally.

I sat there a moment to take in the idea that he just told me I was twenty years old. And then I laughed.

Have you ever laughed so hard that you thought your lungs would collapse and you would fall in the floor from laughing so hard? That's what happened to me.

"What's so funny?!" He asked, looking at me like I'd gone mad. I wiped the tears from my eyes and did my best to compose myself. (Not very well, might I add) I hadn't laughed like that in a long time.

"I'm sorry, haha, I just- I can't believe you think I'm that old." I said, trying to steady my laughter.

He raised a brow, inquiring if he'd been wrong. Which was actually a little attractive, because he reminded me of James Bond in Skyfall.

"I'm sixteen." I deadpanned.

If there were ever a character that you could say Kris was a twin with, it would have to be bugs bunny. His eyes bulged out of his head, and his jaw dropped. "Seriously?" He asked, unable to believe it.

I nodded, a small chuckle escaping me as I watched the realization hit him. He took a minute to compose himself before he spoke.

"Well, I would have thought you to be older." He said, giving me a smile that read 'I'm impressed'. And again, he went back to studying me.

I didn't normally mind when people stared at me, but for some reason I felt oddly nervous under his stare. "What?" I asked.

He shook his head, laughing slightly. "Nothing, you're just really handsome."

If that didn't make me blush, I don't know what would. I felt like someone had set my neck on fire and it was slowly spreading up the back of my head, going from my ears to my cheeks. (Hell, even my nose felt like it was going to burn off my face)

How was I supposed to answer a comment like that?

"Uh, thanks." I said, turning my face away from him. It was embarrassing for me to blush in front of someone. Kris lifted his hand, gently cupping my chin, and turned my face to his. "Don't be shy. That's my gig." He said, hand coming up to tuck a lock of hair behind my ear. (My hair was a bit shaggy since I'd let it grow out a bit)

I nodded, smiling at the gesture. So far, from what I could tell, he was a gentleman. And I liked it a lot.

"Do you wanna go somewhere with me?" He asked suddenly.

I'd known this guy for a few minutes, and had only one conversation with him on the phone. Was I really going to trust him and let him take me somewhere?

"Sure."

Hell yeah, I was. 

-----------

[A/N:]

Hello Hello!

My goodness, I have a few new people joining the party! Weclome to the dark side, we've been expecting you. ^_~

I have a good feeling about this story, and I do hope you'll enjoy it to it's fullest length. Chapter number has not been set yet, so who knows how long this thing will go.

Any who! Thank you for reading! Subscribe, up vote, comment for the comment ?

Saranghae!

-Kyla<3