Five

The Letter C

"Most embarrassing secret, go." Kris said, pointing to me. We had decided to get food, so we went to a ddukbokki stand. I ate one of the ddukbokki and smiled behind my hand.

"Now, why would I tell you that?" I asked with my mouth full. Kris ate one, a cheeky grin across his face. "Just do it. I'll tell you mine, if you tell me yours." He said. I rolled my eyes, sitting my chopsticks down.

"Fine, if I must humor you." I conceded. "My most embarrassing secret," I said, pondering over the statement. I didn't have a lot of secrets, seeing as I liked to live my life like an open book, so this was a legitimately hard question.

"I'm not sure. I don't keep a lot of secrets, especially not ones that are embarrassing." I said. Kris chuckled, sitting down his chopsticks as well.

"Alright, let's see, my most embarrassing secret," He said, leaning over the table. "When I was little, my sisters use to dress me up as a girl." He said bluntly.

Normally, I'm not one to laugh at something so embarrassing, but it was to funny. I let my head go back, beginning to laugh like I hadn't in a long time. I don't know why, but with Kris, he just made me feel better.

"Yah, it's not that funny!" Kris said, a smile on his face. I leaned forward, wheezing a few times because I couldn't stop laughing. "Kai! It's not funny!" He said, chuckling softly.

"Then why are you laughing?" I asked, pointing at his face. Kris shook his head and picked up a napkin, balling it up, and throwing it at my face. "Oh, shut up." He said, picking up his chopsticks. I picked up mine as well and we began finishing of the ddukbokki.

"So what about you, got anything?" He asked me just as I was going to take a bite. I laughed, eating the ddukbokki. "Okay, I do have one thing." I said, looking down at my chopsticks. "You swear you won't laugh?" I asked. Kris snorted, taking a bite. "Of course I'm going to laugh, now spill." He said, smiling smugly.

I rolled my eyes. "Fine, when I was five, I wanted to work at Disney Land as Snow White." I said, beginning to stuff my face. Kris only contained his laughter for about ten seconds before he busted out laughing.

"Seriously?! Oh, my God, you wanted to be a Disney princesses! Hahahahaha!" He said, putting his hands over his stomach. I only shook my head, unable to understand how it was so funny to him.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, shut up. It's not that funny." I said, poking the ddukbokki. I stared at the bowl as I waited for him to finish his little fit. I knew I shouldn't have told him.

After Kris calmed down from his high, he looked at me smiling. "I will admit, it's not as bad as mine." He said, reaching his hand across the table to take mine. Not that it mattered or anything, my heart jut began beating out of my chest. (Seriously, those eyes, that smile, and he was touching me. On the inside I was screaming like a little girl.)

"I want to take you somewhere after we're done." He said suddenly, his eyes never leaving mine. It was like he was staring into my soul, and who was I to shut the door in his face?

"Okay." I replied, doing my best to keep my voice level. God knows, the air seemed to get a lot warmer, and I literally felt like I was going to fall apart under his gaze. How the hell does he act so calm when his hands is practically holding mine?

I'll never understand it.

~*~

"Keep your eyes shut." Kris said, guiding me along a path. I had no idea where we were going, all I knew is that I was grateful for the distraction. "They're shut, Kris." I said, giggling stupidly as he came to a halt, almost making me fall over.

I don't know why, but everything he did made me want to giggle like a giddy school girl. (And I did just that) I felt his hands leave my shoulders, and could sense that he was now standing just beside me. I felt him lean closer to me as he whispered in my ear.

"Open." He said.

When I opened my eyes, my breath was taken away by the sight that I saw.

In front of me stood a large Cherry blossom tree, petals slowly falling of the flowers as it's branches swayed in the wind. A small stone bench sat beneath it, ivy covering the legs. Behind the tree was a beautiful view of the Han river, it's water glistening an array of light blue, purple, pink, and orange hues in the sunset.

Never in my life had I seen something so beautiful, it was as if it had jumped right off the pages of a story book. It was a little hard to believe.

"Like what you see?" Kris asked, startling me out of my thoughts. I had completely forgot that he had been there with me.

"Love." I muttered, still mesmerized by the view. I wanted to run into the falling petals, breathing in their heavenly scent, feeling the softness of each and every petal in my hands.

I felt fingers wrap around my hand, giving me a gentle tug. "Come on, it's better close up." Kris said, pulling me towards the bench. He parked himself on it, and patted the empty spot next to him. "I won't bite you." He said, giving me a sly smile. I chuckled as I sat next to him.

"I knew that already, but I make no promises about myself." I said, sitting my back pack down.

I closed my eyes, letting my head fall back as the evening sun warmed my face. This had to have been to good to be true. At any moment I was going to wake up in my bedroom alone, and none if this will have ever happened. But then Kris decided to crash that idea.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked. I opened my eyes and looked at him, noticing how the sun shown like a ring around him, giving him the appearance as if he was glowing. I had to admit, he was beyond handsome, I couldn't believe that I was even friends with someone like him.

"I'm imagining that my life is perfect," I said, staring out at the water. "That I don't have cancer. That I have someone who loves me for me." Kris was silent for a moment.

"One of those is already true." He said.

I let a sarcastic laugh escape my lips. "Yeah, right, I don't have cancer." I said, looking down at my hands.

"Not that." He said.

I fiddled with my fingers, listening to the water his the shore. "My life is a far cry from perfect." I stated trying not to laugh.

Kris let out a deep sigh. "That's not it either." He said irritably.

This time I really did bust out laughing. "Okay, who the hell could love me? I have so many problems, I'm a pain in the , I'm nagy. Who loves me?" I asked.

"Me."

My heart skipped a beat. "What?" I asked, turning to him.

Kris nodded his head. "Me." he said again.

"Yeah, right. Don't say that just cause you feel sorry for me." I said, not even thinking. There was no way what he was saying was true.

"I'm not." He replied.

"Kris, stop."

"No."

"This isn't funny."

"I know it's not, I'm serious."

"So am I, it's not nice playing with someone's emotions."

"Which is why I'm telling you the truth."

I rolled my eyes, standing from the bench. "There's no way you could love me." I said. I was bound and determined to prove that he was lying to me, and it came back to bite me in the .

Kris stood up from his seat as well, turning to face me. "Kai, I'm telling you the truth. I've felt this way about you for a while now." He said, getting close to my face.

"I don't care if it takes me years to get it through your head, I'm slowly falling in love with you, not because of your illness, not because of your looks, but because of you." He chuckled looking at his feet. "I mean you are extremely handsome, but I fell in love with you for your personality." He said.

It was the most sincere thing anyone had ever said to me. And yet, I still didn't believe him.

"That was a really cute speech." I said sarcastically, turning away from him. I reached down to grab my bag and leave, but he took hold of my arm before I could move.

"I'm being serious!" He said, pulling me back to him. I shook my head, feeling tears rise in my eyes.

"No! No, you can't. You'll only end up hurt in the end, you can't love me!" I said, trying to wiggle out of his grip. Before I could get away, he pulled me flush against his chest, arms wrapping around my middle.

His lips crashed into mine, a firm press to my pouty lips.

The world seemed to slow down, time stopping dead in it's tracks. My breath caught in my lungs, body unknowing what I should do. My mind began to go fuzzy, not able to comprehend that his lips were moving against mine.

I hesitantly kissed back, my mind going on auto pilot as my hands traveled up his chest to wrap around his neck. A million sparks went off inside my body, each and every one of my limbs giving off the illusion that they were on fire. My heart fluttered in my chest, my cheeks blushing so bad that I was sure I looked like a cherry.

And then it was over.

He pulled away first, not letting go of my lips until he absolutely had to. "Do you believe me now?" he asked, eyes hazy as they stared back at mine.

I nodded, slowly, glancing down at his lips then back up to his eyes, giving the subtle hint that I wanted more.

His hand came up, cupping the side of my face. "I want you to be mine." He whispered, running his fingers gently along my cheek. I didn't have to be asked twice.

I wanted to be his. I wanted him to kiss me like that all the time, to hold me in his arms and never let me go.

I nodded, bitting on my lip to give him another hint.

His smiled down at me, leaning forward as he claimed my lips as his own. My arms wrapped tightly around his neck as he continued kissing me, lifting me off the ground a little.

If that moment could have lasted forever, I would have been the happiest guy in the world.

Reality, however, decided to rear its ugly head. 

---------------

[A/N:]

Hey lovelies. ^_^ Sorry I was gone forever and a day. 's been crazy, I've been trying to update other stories, and basically author-nim has exerted herself so much that she's worn the out.

Any who! Thank you for reading! Subscribe, up vote, comment for the comment ?

Saranghae!

-Kyla<3