Eleven

The Letter C

The doctors said Kris could go home two days later, but that he would have to be careful of his stitches, no strenuous activity.

They also told him he couldn't ride his motorcycle anymore.

He had been very calm and level headed, up until they told him that, then all hell broke loose.

It wasn't fair, none of it was. It seemed as if death had decided to stop hanging over me, and instead switched to the love of my life.

None of it was fair.

"We should do something." I commented, sitting with him on the edge of his bed in his room.

"No activity, remember?" He still looked very weak, but his coloring had begun to come back the slightest bit.

"We could go see a movie."

"How do you suggest we get there? I don't wanna be that lame guy who as to ask his parents to drive he and his boyfriend to the movies."

"I have a a drivers license you know."

"What?" He asked, clearly shocked by this piece of information. "Since when?"

"Since I was sixteen, like every other teenager. How do you think I got here today?"

"I figured your mom droppped you off."

"Oh, so, now I'm the lame one who has to ask his parents for a ride to his boyfriend's house." I replied dryly, cracking a playful smile at him.

Kris chuckled, nudging me with his leg. "I never said that."

I leaned forward, giving his lips a gentle kiss. "No, but you implied it."

~*~

Two weeks later, Kris began having horrible chest pains.

He said he was fine, but I knew it was a lie.

His dad pulled me aside while his mom gave him medicine.

"The doctor told us that chest pains would start when his was about to give out. He didn't give us an exact window of when...it could happen, but he said we needed to prepare ourselves when they started." He gave my shoulders a squeeze. "I'm sorry Kai..."

I'm sorry.

The most frequently heard sentence in my life. I had half a mind to ask him just what he was sorry for, but I knew what he meant.

He was sorry that, eventually, I was going to wind up in a world of pain that hadn't even begun to comprehend.

~*~

"I don't want a big white wedding." Kris mused one day as we lay in my back yard hammock, as we had done countless times before.

I tilted my head to look at him, gently rolling onto my side. "Alright, then what kind of wedding do you want?"

He sighed, tucking his arm behind his head. "Nothing fancy, just our close friends and family."

I nodded, staring at him intently. "Anything else?" I asked.

"I don't wanna get married in a church. Let's get married in a forest somewhere, with a water fall behind us."

"Sounds gorgeous just imagining it."

"Right? And instead of wearing a stuffy tux, we can just be casual, and then jump into a lake afterward."

"Sounds like a plan to me."

He was silent for a while, staring up into the sky that had turned into a pinkish color with the setting sun. It concerned me that he was being so quiet.

"What are you thinking about?" I asked.

Kris looked at me, his expression a bit pained. "Since when do you go along with my randomness?" he asked.

I reached up and combed my fingers through his hair, my hand slowly trailing down his neck to his chest. I rested it upon his heart, feeling the soft thud thud beneath my palm.

"Since I realized one day you won't be here to offer me random thoughts anymore."

~*~

"Come with me." I said to Kris, extending my hand for him to take it.

He stared at me oddly a moment before taking it, standing to his feet. "Where are we going?" He asked.

I smiled, leaning up to kiss him. "Now, if I told you that, it wouldn't be a surprise."

I had asked his dad if I could borrow his bike for a few hours, which he graciously agreed to lend me, but not without showing me how to use it.

I planned to take Kris somewhere special, somewhere he could feel relaxed and comfortable.

He was hesitant at first to get on, but eventually conceded, figuring aloud that it was an adventure and he should just go with the flow, throw caution to the wind.

What did he have to loose?

The drive was slow, me watching the speedometer every five seconds then staring back at the road, just to make sure I wasn't going to fast.

Kris laughed at me, amused at how freaked out I was. What can I say? I'd never driven a motorcycle in my life, I was nervous as hell.

When we'd finally reached out destination, Kris smiled, hopping of the back of the bike and removing his helmet.

"You're something else, you know that?" he asked, taking my hand and beginning to slowly walk down the stone path next to te Han river that lead to our Cherry Blossom tree.

I chuckled, giving his hand a squeeze. "I've been told I'm many things." I replied.

Kris leaned over and kissed my beanie covered head, taking a moment to stare at me before looking back at the path.

We made it to the tree in no time, me letting go and taking a seat on the bench, patting the spot next to me. "I don't bite." I said, smiling when I heard Kris' laugh.

"I beg to differ," he said, slowly sitting down next to me, his hand finding mine and lacing our fingers together.

We sat there a while, just staring at the water flowing by, listening to the silence and enjoying each other's company. Kris spoke first.

"Promise me something?" He asked seriously.

I tilted my head and looked at him. "Depends on the promise." I replied.

He looked down at my hand, his thumbs over my fingers. "Don't ever stop looking for love." He said.

"What?"

He looked at me, tears shinning in his eyes. "When I'm gone, don't stop looking for love."

I was taken back a moment. "Kris..."

"No, Kai, I'm serious." he said. "I don't want you to just stop living your life after I die. I want you to go on and live a wonderful life, I want you to get married, I want you to have children, I want-" He got choked up a little before continuing. "I want you to find someone else to love."

His hand came up my cheek, then gently came to rest on my chest. "I will always be here," he said, pushing a little where my heart was. "I will never stop loving you. But I want you to have someone to take care of you." he said.

At this point, I'd begun shedding tears of my own, my hand coming up to hold Kris'.

It hurt me to hear him talk like that, but wha choice did either of us have? We both knew it was coming, we just didn't know when.

And it seemed like our love story was coming to an end.

"Promise me..." He whispered, laying his forehead against mine. "Please..."

"I..." I couldn't bring myself to say it. In all honesty, I didn't want anyone else to love me. I didn't want to try to love anyone else. I wanted to immerse myself in everything that was Kris and stay there for all eternity, even long after Kris would be gone.

"Kai..." He said, thumbing away my tears.

"I love you..." I said, looking into his eyes. It was the only thing I could say, the only words that wanted to come out of my mouth.

Kris nodded, leaning forward to kiss me.

"I love you too," he whispered, pulling me into another breathless kiss. I don't know how it lasted, but at this point I didn't care.

I wanted to stay in this moment, live in it, as long as I could.

As long as time would let me have with him.

But sadly, time didn't let it go on to much longer.

~*~

My phone rang at three in the morning.

Kris' mother had gone in to check on him a few minutes before she went to bed.

Upon arriving in his room, she found him cold, lying in his bed.

They'd called the paramedics, but it was to late.

Kris, was gone.

----------------------------------

[A/N:]

Alright, let me hear it. I know you're all going to go bat because of this. XD

Keke~, I'm sorry, but this is just how the story goes. If it seems short to some people, you should know, this story was never planned to be strung out or like twenty chapters long. It was originally planned to be a one-shot, but then I changed my mind.

Anywhore!

There's probably only two- possibly three- chapters left, so hang tight.

Thank you for reading! Subscribe, up vote (pretty please?), comment for the comment ?

Saranghae!

-Kyla<3