Three

The Letter C

Life, they say, is very unpredictable.

We never really know what happen in the future. We don't know what we're going to eat for dinner until someone tells us or we make up our mind. We never know someone until you spend time with them. You also never know when you're going to die.

I have friend who's grandfather suddenly died. One week, he was perfectly fine, then a few days later he was put in the hospital and died the day after. She hadn't seen it coming at the time, and she was devastated. That makes me think about how people will react when I die.

I know their will be so many people mourning over me, but how many of them will actually be people who know me? And will it be sudden like my friend's grandfather? Or will it be long and dragged out? (I'm kind of hoping for the first choice)

I remember sitting with her, comforting her as she literally sobbed over his death. Her parents got divorced when she was little, so he was like her dad. In a sense, she lost someone way more important to her than anyone ever knew. (Not many people knew about it) She was lost, scared, hurt. All these things, she was feeling, and I could do nothing but say "I'm sorry" as she sat curled up on her bed.

Is that how people are going to react when I die? Will they scream and cry and beg for God to bring me back? Will they hug my family and whisper words of comfort to them?

All these questions and more swirl around my head daily. And now, I had a whole knew topic invading my mind.

What about Kris?

This complete stranger that I don't know, who I happen to actually like. What will he do? Will he be upset? Will he shed tears and mourn over my dead body? Or will I know him well enough for him to even be around at my funeral?

"Kai, you alright?" I shook my head, turning to look at Kris who sat next to me on a small park bench. He'd taken me to get ice cream, and now we were sitting comfortably, watching the boats go by on the Han river. I turned, looking at the older man.

"Yeah, I was just thinking." I replied, looking back at the water. I was really enjoying the scenery. I could see Kris tilting his head out of my peripheral's, looking at me quizzically. "About?" He inquired.

I felt a small smile tugging at my lips. "Stuff." I said. Kris turned his body towards me. "What kind of stuff?" He asked. I turned to him. "Interesting stuff." I mused, trying to lighten the mood. I didn't want to bring him down by talking about death. Kris rolled his eyes.

"Oh, for 's sake Kai, what's on your mind?" He asked, a smile gracing his lips. I chuckled, looking down at my hands. "I don't want to talk about it, it would just ruin the atmosphere." I knew he wanted to know, but I hated being a Debbie Downer. It's bad enough that I'm a walking, talking, unit of death.

Kris laid his arm on the back of the bench, therefore putting his arm around me. "Lay it on me. I doubt it would phase me." He said, looking me straight in the eye.

I let out a deep sigh. I knew I would have to tell him eventually, so why not do it now?

"I have cancer." I stated bluntly.

He kind of stared at me a minute. I could tell he was searching for the right thing to say without being insensitive. "And?" He asked.

I blinked. "Huh?" I questioned.

"And? Is there anything else I should know about you?" He asked sincerely. I blinked again.

"Um, no, that's about it." I said.

"Okay. You have cancer." He repeated my earlier statement. I nodded.

"This is the part where you're supposed to freak out." I said.

Kris chuckled, looking down at his feet. He removed his arm from around me. "You have cancer, why would I freak out about that?" He questioned. "I know it's a big deal and all, but it doesn't change who you are."

I kept blinking. It didn't make any sense. I thought that Kris would feel sorry for me, and start treating me like everyone else did, but instead I got someone who treated me like a human being.

~*~

To quote the famous Hannah Montana, no body's perfect.

That is a mother ing liar.

Kris, is perfect.

Ever since I met him, he's been by my side, but treating me like the person I am. Everyone around me thinks they have to baby me, and help me with everything, but Kris? Kris lets me do it myself. Yeah, he asks if I want some help, but if I say no, he'll let me do it myself.

I love that about him.

I love the fact that he treats me like Kai not the boy with cancer.

Believe it or not, I think this might actually work. 

--------------

[A/N:]

Short update, I hope you guys will forgive me. That part I added in there about the girl and her grandfather..that's me right now. I took that out of my real life and added it in.

He has not passed away yet, but I know it's going to happen. I guess this is a way of preparing myself. Cause, I'm still trying to come to grips with it.

Thank you for reading. Subscribe, up vote, comment for the comment ?

Saranghae.

-Kyla<3