Six

The Letter C

It spread.

It ing spread, to my leg.

The last time we had checked, it hadn't spread far. But now, they were saying it had gotten worse.

And of course my mother threw a fit.

"You see, I told you we should have brought him sooner."

"This is all you're fault Jongdae."

"Had we brought him sooner we could have caught this."

"Now they'll have to cut his leg off."

That statement caught my attention and the doctor's. I sat up straighter in my chair, and stared at my mother, unable to believe that she was bold enough to say it.

"Well, gee, thanks mom. That gives me a lot of comfort." I said sarcastically, my anger trying to be kept at bay. My mother shut , deciding to stay quiet. She knew she had over stepped her boundary.

"You know, you're not the one suffering here, I am." I said, standing from my seat. I felt my father tug on my arm, him being the considerate person he is. He was trying not to makemy mom feel even worse, but I had to say something.

"This is not dad's fault, and you know it. You're being inconsiderate ing that. And then just letting your mouth run wild and saying something like they'll cut my leg off, how the hell can you sit there and just say it carefree?" I asked, hands being planted firmly on my hips. I had a way of letting my mind get the best of me, and was just letting it speak the truth.

"I already know that there is a possibility that my leg will have to go, but goddamnit, I don't need you reminding me of it." I picked up my back pack and swung it over my shoulder, turning to the doctor and my father.

"Dad, I'm going to hang out with Kris. Dr. Kim, I apologize for my mother's rude behavior. I'll see you at home later dad." I turned to the door, deciding not to say anything to my mother for the sake of not hurting her any further.

I hated that it was hurting her, I knew she was only looking out for me, but there comes a time when you need to approach things differently. And this was one of them. I opened the door and walked out, taking out my cell and calling Kris as I did.

I needed space. I needed to vent, and Kris was the best option I could think of.

~*~

"And then she just comes right out and says they're going to cut my leg off! How can you just say that?! She had no emotion in her voice." I ranted, pacing back and forth. Who knows, it might be the last time I get to do it normally. For all I know, I could become one of those pirates with a peg-leg, or something.

Kris nodded from where he laid on his bed. "What a horrible thing to say." He chimed in. I turned around to face him.

"I know right?! Ugh, she makes me so mad sometimes. And she wants to blame it all on my dad!" I began pacing again.

"She's heartless."

"I know right?! You'd think she was the one that had cancer!"

"Where is her humanity?"

"I have no ing clue!"

"How dare she even suggest it."

"I know right?!"

"She's a ."

"I know ri- wait, what?" My train of thought stopped dead in it's tracks. Kris had a huge smile on his face, watching me as I began to calm down. I chuckled softly, knowing that he did that on purpose to make me be quiet.

"Are you done now?" He asked calmly. I nodded.

He opened his arms. "Come here." He called softly. Who was I to say no? I stomped over to the bed and laid down in his arms, cuddling up to his chest. How Kris managed to calm me down, I'll never know. I guess he just has a way with words.

"Will you listen to me for a minute?" He asked. I nodded, my face going deeper into his shirt. He rubbed soothing circles on my back with his right hand, his left hand raking slowly through my hair.

"Your mom is worried. You can't be mad at her for long, you know she means well. True, she could have approached it differently, but that doesn't make up for it. You also could have approached it differently." He said, pushing my face up to look at him.

"You shouldn't have snapped at her like that. I know, it was a heated moment, and you were upset, but she cares about you." He placed a gentle kiss on my lips.

"I don't want you hurting, and I can see in your eyes that this hurts you just as much as it hurts her." His hands slowly caressed the side of my face, reaching down to cup my chin. Kris just had a way of making everything okay again.

No matter how angry or upset I am, he always manages to calm me down and turn everything back to the way it was. Hell, he could probably cause world peace if he was at it long enough.

"Do you always know what to say?" I asked, a playful smile on my face.

Kris shook his head, leaning down to give me a kiss. "I just know how to handle you." He stated factually, pulling me closer to his chest.

If time had stopped, I wouldn't have even noticed. If I could have just held onto this moment forever, I would have been happy.

But, alas, life continues.

~*~

We always wish for things we can't have.

We always want life to go smoothly.

But we are not allowed to have what we wish for. 

There are bumps along the road, causing us to stumble and fall.

Cancer, is kinda like a pit instead of a bump.You fall into it, and there really isn't a way out of it.

Some people are fortunate enough to find a way out. Someone drops a rope down and pulls you out.

Then there are those that are stuck down in that pit for years, trapped in there own personal version of hell. They stay there, until cancer eats away at them bit by bit, killing them in the end.

I don't know where I am right now.

I'm not sure if I'm in the pit, or out of it.

But Kris keeps me grounded. Kris pulled me to a place that I never thought I could be in. He reminds me every day that it will be okay, and that things will change for the better.

I just hope that he won't leave me...

~*~

"Did you know that you're incredibly handsome." Kris whispered in my ear. We were laying in the hammock that his family kept in their backyard, staring up at the stars.

I chuckled, shoving him a little, even though it was at an awkward angle. "Shut up, I am not." I said, looking up at the stars.

Kris rolled over on top of me, blocking my view of the sky. "But you are." He protested, his voice making an adorable whining noise that followed it. I rolled my eyes, looking up at him.

"Liar." I replied. Kris frowned.

"Would I ever lie to you?" He asked. I thought about it a moment.

"No, I guess not," I stopped short of myself. "I just don't think I'm that handsome, is all." I said quietly. Kris sighed, his hand coming up to run through my hair.

"Kai, don't think less of yourself. You're beyond handsome, you're gorgeous. To me, you're the most gorgeous guy on the planet." He said sincerely. I had a hard time believing him at first, but when I looked into his eyes, I knew he was serious.

"Kris, you need to stop getting close to me."

He raised an eyebrow. "Well, where did that come from?" he asked, puzzled by my statement. I sighed, looking away from him.

"I'm going to die. Eventually, I'm going to die. And I don't want you to be around when that happens." I felt tears trying to fight their way out of my eyes, but I had to stand firm. I care about Kris, and I'm only going to hurt him in the end.

He thought about it a moment, humming to himself. "Kim Jong In, I'm about this close to hitting you right now." He said, sending me a tiny glare.

I sat up in the hammock, looking at him like he was mad. "WHAT?!" I asked. Kris chuckled a little.

"I'm not leaving you. You can push me away all you want, but I'm not leaving you." He looked into my eyes. "As long as I'm around, you're not going to die. I'm not going to let you. I'm not going to let you give up." He said seriously.

"So, yes, I will get closer to you. I will get so close that I'll be stuck to you like glue, and you'll never be able to get rid of me," he cupped my face with his hand. "I'm falling in love with you, I'm not just going to give you up willingly."

And the tears fell. They wouldn't stop. I just cried, burying my face in his chest, and letting him hold me.

How did I get so lucky to find someone like him? Why would I even think of letting him go? I didn't know.

All I knew, was that my heart was slowly mending together thanks to Kris.

I knew then and there that I would never be able to let him go. 

----------------

[A/N:]  Hi guys! Sorry I was gone so long....

But here I am!

Thank you for reading!

Subscribe, up vote (Pretty please?), comment for the comment ?

Saranghae!

-Kyla<3

P.S.

Sorry for any mistakes! I'll edit later.~