Eight

The Letter C

"You look like death warmed over." Kris commented as he sat next to me on the hospital bed. I rolled my eyes, turning the page in my book, trying not to smack him upside his head. 

I already knew I looked like hell, but that's what happens after you've had multiple rounds of chemo, and, quite frankly, I didn't need him reminding me of how bad I looked. 

"Thanks, I was going for the Grim Reaper look." I replied tiredly, not having much energy to give him a lively response. He chuckled, snaking his arm around my waist and kissing my cheek. "You're still handsome." 

I dog eared the page in my book and shut it, turning to face him. "Flattery will get you nowhere." I said, showing the smallest hint of a smile. These days, it took a lot out of me just to even show emotion. Kris returned it, kissing my lips instead. 

"Can't blame a guy for trying." I shoved his head weakly, laying back and snuggling into his arms. 

"How much longer till you can get out of here? I wanna take you somewhere." 

I gave him an odd look. "Mom didn't tell you?" I would have thought my mother had filled him in on my chemo schedule.

Kris shook his head, giving me the saddest frown. "No." he replied.

I sighed, leaning back in the bed, being careful of my IV, pulling him down with me. "I won an all expense paid trip to stay here for the night." I said, trying to lighten the mood.

I got a chuckle out of him, but I could tell he was still upset. "That's not fair, why do they even need to keep you here over night? It's like prison." he countered.

I smiled, shaking my head. "Didn't you know? I'm famous, they don't want to let me go because they love me so much."

As I was speaking a nurse came by to check on my line, and hearing what I said decided to interject.

"It's true you know. We're never letting him leave, he's just so perfect we can't afford to loose him." she said, smiling. Kris hugged me tighter.

"Neither can I." he said softly.

The nurse gave him a soft, sad smile and patted his arm. "Don't worry, he can leave in the morning." She turned and walked out of the curtains that hung around my bed.

Seeing the look Kris had on his face, just broke my heart. I hated to see him like this.

I decided to lighten the mood again, and poked his face to gain his attention. "Hey. So where were you going to take me?"

He smirked, shaking his head. "Ah ah, now if I did that, it wouldn't be a surprise." He pushed me further onto my back, deciding to hover over me. "I'll take you there tomorrow." He said softly. 

There was this look in his eyes, sort of like a pained sadness, that I didn't quite understand. Like seeing me was hurting him him more. 

I smiled half way, reaching up to comb my fingers through his hair. "Alright, I'm looking forward to it." 

He seemed to snap out of his mood, his bright smiling eyes returning as he leaned down to give me a kiss. This was the Kris I loved. This is the Kris I want to see. 

~*~

"Boys, visiting hours are over." The nurse said as she walked into the room. Kai and Kris heard nothing as they slept soundly, snuggled together on the hospital bed. The nurse could tell it was a squeeze for the taller, but he looked so comfortable. She didn't have the heart to wake either of them.

Kris had his arms wrapped tightly around Kai's waist, with the youngers legs draped over top of his. His face was tucked into the crook of Kai's neck, where he didn't have his IV, eyes closed softly in content. 

Kai mirrored the same expression, his hands holding on to the top of Kris' arms like his life depended on it. 

The nurse sighed, looking over her shoulder at the hallway. No one else was on call tonight, so she figured it wouldn't be any harm for the boy to say the night. She just hoped that no one else would come in and see them.

She smiled, walking into the room and pulling the covers on top of the two of them. Even though they looked warm enough, the hospital stayed cold particularly it night to keep down infection, so she didn't want either of them to get sick.

Taking a step back, she began to exit the room when she took on last look at the two of them. She felt sorry for the older boy, knowing that this was probably hard on him. 

He had no idea what he'd gotten himself into in being with Kai, and she wondered just how long he was planning on staying with the other.

He would be in for a rude awakening if he knew just how long Kai really had.

---------------------

[A/N:] 

Okay, so sorry doesn't begin to even cover how bad I feel for leaving you guys hanging. I know this is a short chapter, but it's only a filler to get to the next one and I needed to post SOMETHING.

I hope that you enjoyed it in its shortness and that it was enough to quench your thirst, so stay tuned! I'm hoping to get  more written soon. 

Thank you for reading! Subscribe, upvote (pretty please?), comment for the comment ?

Saranghae!

-Kyla<3