Thoughts

Next Door Enemies
Author's Note: I updated another chapter yesterday (basically a double update? O_O) , so make sure you read it~ Enjoy and leave comments~
 
---
 
The autumn breeze swirls itself gracefully, picking up orange and brown fallen leaves. It was quite a peaceful Sunday morning. A perfect day to hang out with couple of friends or friend. 
 
Kibum snugged both of his hands in the inside of his gray coat. The blond crossed his right leg over his left while leaning against the brick wall of some random, not-doing-so-well gas station. He had left his house earlier because of a promise to meet up with his one and only friend, Yixing.
 
The walk wasn’t bad since Kibum’s earbuds were keeping him entertained. Contrastingly, the wait was awful and awkward as . Obviously, Yixing was running late or probably doesn’t even remember about this arrangement. 
 
About twenty minutes later, Kibum sighed and pulled his coat closer to his small body.
 
“Did that weed- bastard actually forgot?” Kibum scoffed. 
 
“Nope. Just overslept,” Yixing approached his now-annoyed blond friend with a mischievous grin. 
 
“Fina-ing-ly.”
 
“Sorry. Alarm stopped working or something.”
 
Rolling his eyes, Kibum removed himself from the wall. This should be expected from Yixing. When was the last time the Chinese was not riding on his clouds with opaque eyes. Zhang Yixing, according to Kibum, was always high. 
 
Yixing shrugged and began walking away, knowing very well that Kibum was following close behind. The addict planned to dye his hair today with the help of the petite blond. Kibum had confidently informed Yixing that he was an expert at these kind of things that relate to hair or clothes. Really, the Chinese just went along. He’ll get a free dye. Like who doesn’t like free things? 
 
The two students strolled their way into the town’s retail. Kibum was already excited. Yixing just rolled his eyes but the corner of his pale lips slightly curled up in amusement. 
 
“So what color?” Kibum asked as soon as they stopped in front a long aisle of dye colors. 
 
“Uh . . . I don’t know . . . Black?” Yixing quirked his eyebrow. 
 
“Wow. You’re no fun.” Kibum flatly commented.
 
“I know,” Yixing smiled. “Just wanna go back once in awhile, ya know?” 
 
“Alright.”
 
After some long moments of picking out a shade of black, the pair finally made their way towards the cashier. Yixing pulled out his wallet and paid for the dye while Kibum scanned the store with interest. 
 
His eyes moved from section to section and eventually stopped at a figure of another blond. That blond is currently picking up a bundle of about five or six roses wrapped with white plastic sheets and a cute pink bow completed the look.  Kibum stared as Jonghyun carefully inspected the innocent red roses. 
 
“Isn’t that Jonghyun?” Yixing sudden scratchy deep voice interrupted Kibum’s focus.
 
“The hell?”
 
“He’s picking flowers.”
 
“Yes. I can pretty much see that, Yixing.” 
 
“For what or who though?”
 
“How the am I supposed to know?”
 
“I mean if they’re aren’t for you then for who?”
 
“Excuse me?” Kibum did a double take at his friend. 
 
“He stared knives into my body the other day after school,” Yixing said. “When I was talking to you.” 
 
Kibum’s face morphed into that of pure confusion and disbelief. 
 
“Thought I was gonna get killed right there and then.”
 
“What the do you mean?”
 
“Jonghyun.”
 
“Yeah? What about him?”
 
“His jealousy and possessiveness scare me sometimes.” 
 
“What!?”
 
Yixing didn’t say more. The Chinese exited the store. Kibum spared one quick glance at his enemy before proceed back to following his friend. 
 
“Can we do this at your place?” Yixing asked once they were walking side by side on an empty road. “Mines’ kinda .”
 
“Sure.” Kibum replied happily.
 
Yixing will be Kibum’s first friend that he ever brings home. Of course the thought bought a genuine smile to the blond’s face. Kibum didn’t had many friends since he wasn’t a sociable person and his sassy personality often scares away people. Even if he did make any friends at all, Jonghyun would ended stealing them away. 
 
Seriously, the two grew to hate each other so much that none of them considered anything like that to be bullying. They had done much worse to each other and did not regret any single second of it. They particularly feeds on each other’s misery and pain. 
 
Kibum unlocked his house’s door with the key he carried. His parents had left some time back while Kibum was still at the store with Yixing. 
 
“Come on in,” Kibum gestured for Yixing to enter. “Make yourself comfortable. My parents aren’t home, it seems.”
 
“Nice place,” Yixing took a seat on the brand new milk colored sofa.
 
“Yep. Heard my parents went looking all over for it,” Kibum said as he headed for the kitchen. “Want something to drink or eat?”
 
“Nah. I’m good. I had breakfast before meeting you. But I’ll take a glass of water,” Yixing looked around the house. “Still a bit tipsy if ya know what I mean.”
 
“Wow,” Kibum rolled his eyes. “Okay.”
 
The two friends sat around, drinking water, for half an hour or so before Kibum clapped his hands together and announced that he’ll be starting on “the transformation”. The blond went upstairs to his room and grabbed his bottle of color remover and hair bleach. Yixing waited in the bathroom downstairs with his hoodie and shirt off, ready to change. 
 
The process of removing Yixing’s previous color and bleaching his hair took longer than they both had expected. 
 
“So,” Yixing began in order to tend their silent boredom. “Tell me about Jonghyun.”
 
“What?” Kibum was taken by surprised. 
 
“I don’t know. What do you think of him?”
 
“You know how I think of him.” 
 
“Why y’all hate each other anyways?”
 
Yixing’s question had Kibum pondering for a moment. Why did they hate each other? Kibum doesn’t know. They just do.
 
“I don’t know.”
 
“Uh . . What?”
 
“I mean maybe because both of our moms can’t stand each other?”
 
“Seriously?” Yixing raised an eyebrow.
 
“I don’t know okay?” Kibum ran a hand through his hair in frustration. “He’s just annoying. And I hate him.”
 
“You guys are unbelievable,” Yixing scoffed.
 
Kibum rolled his eyes. Now that he think about it. What if they didn’t hate each other? What if they got along awfully well and even became best friends? 
 
Thoughts of being Jonghyun’s potential friend flooded Kibum’s mind. Kibum had seen the way Jonghyun treated all of his friends. Although Jonghyun acted like they are the most disgusting and annoying pieces of ever, he cared for them. Jonghyun always looked out for his friends. Kibum knows because he also knows that Jonghyun is a loyal person. 
 
Kibum knows that Jonghyun is sweet towards all his past girlfriends even after their breakups. Kibum knows that Jonghyun is a great student and an intelligent individual in general. Kibum knows that Jonghyun is a devoted son. Kibum knows that Jonghyun is actually a chill and friendly individual. Kibum knows that Jonghuyn is strong, mentally and physically. Kibum knows that Jonghyun is independent and dominant. 
 
Kibum knows that Kim Jonghyun hates Kim Kibum. 
 
“EARTH TO KIM KIBUM!!” Yixing waved his right hand frantically in front of the dazed blond’s face.
 
“W-what?” Kibum flushed as he realized what had happen.
 
Kibum was daydreaming and listing all the good traits his sworn enemy possesses, which is quite a lot. 
 
“I think it’s done, Kibum,” Yixing calmly said. “Time to put on the color or if you want, you can go back to dreaming about that precious blond friend of yours.”
 
“He is not my friend,” Kibum said, his voice laced with the poisonous feeling of denial and embarrassment. 
 
“Hmmm. Yeah,” Yixing closed his eyes and smirked. “Whatever you say, Kibum.”
 
Kibum felt heat resting upon his cheeks. He pouted and continued his work on his friend’s hair, moving to the last stage of putting on the just-brought color. 
 
 
 
 
“Dude,” Yixing widened his eyes. 
 
“What? You don’t like it?” Kibum worriedly asked.
 
“No,” Yixing touched his raven black hair. “This is amazing. I actually look good oh my god.” 
 
Kibum chuckled lightly and watched Yixing examining his new hair in amazement. 
 
“Told you so,” Kibum smiled proudly.
 
“Damn. I was so right to trust you,” Yixing ran his hands through his hair excitedly. 
 
“I can never imagine a drug addict being overly happy like a kid over a new hair color.”  
 
“Shut up. You appreciate the sight.”
 
“Right. Like totally.” 
 
“You’re very easy to read, Kibum.”
 
 
 
 
“Thank you for today!” Yixing exclaimed as Kibum walked him out.
 
Yixing stuck around for a bit to play some rounds of Call of Duty with Kibum. The dark haired male would have stayed for dinner too if it weren’t for his father who demanded Yixing to be home within an hour. 
 
“No problem,” Kibum shook his head. “I had fun so thank you.” 
 
Yixing laughed and gave Kibum’s shoulder a pat.
 
“See ya tomorrow.”
 
“Bye. Get home safely, Yxing.”
 
“How old you think I am? Seven?”
 
“Three, actually.”
 
“You .”
 
“er.”
 
“Alright. Bye.”
 
Kibum waited until he couldn’t see Yixing back anymore before retreating back inside his house. It’s only when Kibum grabbed some ingredients from the fridge, preparing for dinner, that the sounds of bell ringing echoed throughout the condo. Kibum reluctantly dragged himself to the door. What, no, who he came to face was the last person Kibum ever thought he’ll meet tonight. 
 
Jonghyun stood there, on Kibum’s doorsteps, with a bouquet of big blossoms of pink peonies wrapped in mint wrapping paper. 
 
Kibum’s voice got held back in his throat.
 
Jonghyun stared awkwardly.
 
“W-what do you want?” Kibum barely collected himself in order to squeeze out a simple question.
 
“I-I . . Umm . . Well,” Jonghyun shifted uncomfortably between his right and left foot. “M-my dad suggested for me to br-bring flowers to y-your mother.”
 
“O-okay . . ?” Kibum blinked, clearly surprised at Jonghyun’s sudden nervousness that evidenced in the other blond’s stuttering speech.
 
“And . . Uh . . Your dad i-invited us for d-dinner, but my parents couldn’t make it so . . Um . . I’m here in their place in-instead,” Jonghyun looked down, suddenly taken a liking to his new pair of shoes. 
 
“Uh , , My parents ar-aren’t home either,” Kibum muttered under his breath.
 
No need to ask. Jonghyun caught every word of that.
 
“I can tell,” Jonghyun’s voice shifted to his usual cold tone. “Since you bought someone home with you. Might as well want to hide it huh?”    
 
“W-what??” 
 
“Oh, you know what I’m talking about, Kim Kibum.” 
 
“Who I bring home is none of your concern, Kim Jonghyun,” Kibum was effected by Jonghyun’s change of tone, so he firmly spat back.
 
Jonghyun glared. And Kibum noticed something else behind that glare. Something mysterious. Something intriguing. Something that made Kibum’s stomach launched violently. Kibum felt like throwing up.
 
“Hope you had fun like a thirsty you are,” Jonghyun smirked deviously.
 
“What the did you just say?” Kibum’s eyes narrowed in distaste. 
 
“I said,” Jonghyun growled. “Hope. You. Had. Fun. Like. A. Thirsty. . You. Are.”
 
“You,” Kibum bit his inner cheek, for some reason, he wanted to cry. “ OFF!” 
 
Jonghyun threw the flowers at Kibum’s face and turned away, walking next door to his house. Kibum’s face was red as blood pumped quickly up his veins. 
 
“Unbelievable,” Kibum sighed angrily. “What the was hoping for?”
 
Kibum went back inside his house. He threw the flowers hard at the floor. The petals ripped off and scattered all over. Kibum breathed heavily. So heavily that his chest was rising up and down uncontrollably. 
 
“What a ing !” Kibum screamed to the emptiness of his house.
 
The furious blond bended down and cleaned up the mess he had made despise his blurry vision as tears threaten to fall.
 
“Seriously,” Kibum sniffed. “What the hell were you expecting, Kim Kibum."