Beginning

Next Door Enemies

"Baby! Breakfast's ready!" 

 

"Okay Mom!"

 

Kibum shuffled around the room trying to button up his uniform shirt as fast as person who woke up late on the first day of school could. After taking care of that, the blonde speedily changed his pajama pants to the uniform's maroon cotton pants. 

 

"Why the didn't the alarm go off?!" Kibum growled, blaming it all.

 

He messily put on the black tie. Didn't even bother to tie it together. Kibum ran downstairs, dragging his backpack with one hand while the other held onto the navy blazer that's been thrown over his shoulder. 

 

"Oh God! My precious! What happened to you?" The mother rushed over to her son. 

 

"Everything's fine." The son frowned. "I'm late though. I'll skip breakfast today."

 

"Ohh. Who's fault is that?" The father spoke up, eyes still fixing on the newspaper in front of him.

 

"Ugh. The alarm won't fu-freaking go off!" 

 

"Right."

 

Kibum rolled his eyes before pecking his mother on her cheek. He waved "bye" to his father even though the man didn't notice it. 

 

Kibum dashed out of his new home. Running and cursing his alarm clock for not waking him up on time. Now he looked like a hot mess with his hair sticking all over the place, tie all crooked, blazer is hanging on his firm shoulder like a dead body. Kim Kibum looks ed up. 

 

"Please... Let the bus be... There." Kibum gasped for air.

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

Jonghyun leaned against a street pole around the bus stop, hands tucked in his pants' pockets, ears plugged by headphones, head bobbing along to the music that's playing, eyes close.

 

The forest green school bus arrived just as Jonghyun's favorite song starts. The blond male casually walked towards the opening doors. His right feet landed on the first step. But Jonghyun stops when he saw a familiar figure from afar, sprinting their head off. Smirking, Jonghyun casually walked up the steps and smiled "cutely" at the bus driver.

 

"That's it, Miss." Jonghyun took a seat at the front row. "You can go on now."

 

The bus driver lady nodded as she presses a yellow button. The doors closed. Engine roaring and drove away.

 

"NO!!!! NO!!" Kibum yelled.

 

Kibum breathed heavily while watching the bus passed by. He swore he saw his sworn enemy smiling and waving at him through the bus' window. 

 

Kibum clenched his fists and grind his teeth together. Dark clouds condensed inside his brain.  

 

Kim. Jonghyun. Kim Jonghyun is going to get it. 

 

"Mark my words." Pissed off Kibum loosen his body a little. 

 

Waiting for the next bus will be too long, Kibum figured. The freshman started running again. This time a lot faster for so many reasons. 

 

One. He'll be ing late. Like really late. 

 

Two. He'll get in trouble. And the school have to call home. 

 

Three. There's no way in the goddamn hell is he not going to do anything about that motherer Kim JongHyun.