Start

Next Door Enemies

Twirling his pen in his hand, Kim Jonghyun sighed.

 

Focusing his eyes anywhere but the instruction board, Kim Kibum sighed.

 

The beginning of their freshman year has already started like this. A living nightmare for both. Why did they have to ended up with the same exact schedule. It was obviously none of their fault, however, they can't do anything about it because freshmans don't have the privileges to anything. Nothing. Freshmans are supposed to be obedient little puppies of the school. 

 

The two blondes was begging for some sort of different class arrangements in the front office and got rejected at the end. 

 

Giving up, they just accept their horrible fate. 

 

It's not fair. Or so what they both have in mind. 

 

"Hey." 

 

Jonghyun looked up. A pretty, medium-long straight, dark brown hair, with warm but sparkling eyes girl smiled down at Jonghyun.

 

"I'm Kim Taeyeon." She said.

 

Catching the drift. Jonghyun stood up.  "Kim Jonghyun." He said with a smile. "Nice to meet you."

 

"Yes. You, too." Taeyeon replied politely. "I just wanted to come over and tell you the bell has already rung since you looked so dazed out. And nobody really notices." 

 

"Oh. Thanks." Jonghyun coolly nodded as he started putting his stuff inside his backpack and swung the bag over his shoulder. 

 

"Well, guess I'll see you around." 

 

"Alright. See you, Taeyeon." 

 

They both went separate ways. 

 

Jonghyun grinned. What a cute girl, he thought. Not bad. Maybe if he just ignore the thorn in his eyes, he'll have a fine year.

 

"Your face is so ugly!"

 

"Nice. Is that all you got?"

 

"Whatever."

 

Jonghyun spots a petite male and a giant male arguing, or look like they are, in front the door of his second period class which starts seven minutes after his homeroom cause that was his first and now he have exactly four minutes left to get inside or else this tardy slip will be his first on his first day of school. 

 

"Seriously. Give. It. Back." The small brunette glared at the guy who's like three hundred feet taller than him. 

 

"Nah. Then it won't be fun." The tall redhead smiled and his lips. "Unless you try."

 

"You-"

 

"Excuse me. I'm trying to get to class on time. And apparently, you two are stopping me from doing that. Either we all enter together and everything's fine or if you guys don't mind moving aside so I can get in." Jonghyun interrupted perfectly without a single trip on his words. 

 

"S-Sorry." The brunette quickly moved over. 

 

"Well, what we got here. Another goody-two-shoes?" The tall male smirked playfully.

 

"Move." Jonghyun firmly said. "I am loosing my patience."

 

"Oh ho! How nice. But what if I-" 

 

"Yes. Yes. Here you go!" The smaller tries his hardest to push the taller out of the way. 

 

Now it's clear. Jonghyun smiled as a "thank you" at the brunette who look down in embarrassment as his face turns red while the taller rolled his eyes. 

 

"Y'all weird. Better get in or you'll be late." Jonghyun commented.

 

"I'm not in this class.." The small guy softly said. "I'm a sophomore." 

 

"Then who..? Well, whatever your class is, you better go now." 

 

"I.. He.. He have my backpack.."

 

"Why don't you give it back to him?"

 

"Who are you to involve in this?" The taller towered over Jonghyun.

 

"Goddammit. Why are you so ing tall?" Jonghyun frowned. "You're right. Not my business in the first place. Bye." 

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

"If only you stood out there for a little more, then your perfect attendance record since elementary would crumble." Kibum sneered as Jonghyun walked pass his desk.

 

"We'll see." Jonghyun settled himself down on the chair of an empty desk. "Wow. Just when this day couldn't get any worse."

 

Kibum turned around and fake gagged. Jonghyun's sitting right behind him. Good lord. That'll be their final seat for the rest of this year. 

 

"Let's pray that I won't happen to end up sitting anywhere near you for the rest of the classes." Kibum turned his body, facing the front.

 

"You know." Jonghyun's lips tugged into a smirk. "We're destined to be."

 

That had Kibum spun around as fast as lightning and stared disgustingly at his life-death enemy. Jonghyun stared back with a sweet smile plastered on his bright face. 

 

However, on the inside, both blondes were extremely uncomfortable staring at the person who they want to split their throat open. It's nasty to even pretend to "like" the other party just to tick them off. 

 

Before the situation could get more heated because Jonghyun smile totally disappeared, the teacher called out to grab everyone's attention. 

 

"I'm Mr. Kang. And this is Geometry." The chubby teacher cleared his throat before continuing. "I understand the struggle this class will cause you, but if I can't tolerate your behavior any more, I'll kick your pitiful out." 

 

The students got a little taken back at the surprise foul language from a teacher.

 

"This is SM. If you can't handle it, get the hell out. Nobody need stupid and slow immatures in this school. I believe your homeroom teacher has already told you this. If they didn't, well, now you've heard it."

 

Kibum and apparently, Jonghyun, held back their laughter when the door of the classroom opened, revealing a tall redhead.  

 

Hey. You don't really see interruptions during a serious lecture very often y'all know. 

 

Mr. Kang glanced over at the entering student who awkwardly bowed to him and proceed to find a seat. Once the kid sat down, earning stares of the whole class, he smiled apolitically at the teacher who's rising his eyebrows. 

 

"Coming late to class." Mr. Kang began, still fixing his gaze on the redhead. "Is one of the things I cannot tolerate." 

 

Small giggles of girls can be heard as the redhead slowly look down at his desk. 

 

"What's your name, sir?"

 

"Chanyeol. Park Chanyeol, teacher." The tall freshman looked up at Mr. Kang. "My deepest apologies for interrupting by coming in late."

 

"Hmmm. Let class begin."

 

Jonghyun restrained himself from doubling up in laughter.

 

It's funny. Really! 

 

Kibum glanced behind him and saw Jonghyun's broad shoulders shaking heavily. He rolled his eyes and curses the teacher to catch Jonghyun and kick his hideous out of class. Jonghyun notices and stuck his tongue at the blonde sitting in front of him.  

 

Class was definitely boring and easygoing since it's the first day. Finished his assignment, Jonghyun rested his head on the black wooded desk and attempt to sleep. 

 

"I saw you laughing at me, blondie." 

 

"What?" Two voices in unison.

 

To Chanyeol's surprise, he's being greeted with two innocent face of two blondes.

 

"I was talking to one. Why two answered?" The redhead scratched his head. 

 

"Well, there's two. I'm Kim Kibum." The one in front introduced. "The behind me is Kim Jonghyun." 

 

"I'm not a you ." The one behind kicked Kibum's chair.

 

"What the did you call me?" 

 

"."

 

"Look who's talking."

 

"You are, ."

 

"Jong-"

 

"Erm.. Okay.. Nevermind then." Chanyeol turned away from the scene.

 

He certainly does not want to be caught up in between the two hungry tigers. It'll be bad. Real bad.

 

"You kids with yellow hair!" Mr. Kang yelled.

 

Jonghyun and Kibum immediately pinned their attention on the teacher. 

 

"Just wanna say for you two to lower your voices. And you both got a hundred on your work." 

 

The addressed freshmans bowed respectfully as the rest of the class rolled their eyes. The blondes calmed for a bit until it hit them that BOTH of them got the same score. No one is higher or lower than the other. So they started bickering each other again. People around watched uneasily because it looks like one will cut the other one's head off and one will stab one's chest multiple times. It's scary. 

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

Passing through third and fourth period, Kibum mumbled haunting mantras under his breath as he carry his lunch to a random table with no people sitting. 

 

It's been a rough morning. The emergency ambulance could have come and carry two broken body to the hospital to fix their organs. 

 

Now that half of the day is over, got to survive the next half. If only this is just as easy as it sounds. 

 

Jonghyun attempted a 'dangerous' routine of stretches involving sticking out his leg in the middle of the road. Kibum, who didn't paid any attention up ahead because he was so into his little game of pointing out all the bad things of a certain person, stumbled and fell clumsily at the trip of a leg. 

 

Food, milk, scattered everywhere in a gigantic colorful mess. Students stopped eating and curiously surround the fallen boy and the boy with his leg in the way. 

 

Kibum felt hot under his collar. This. Is. A. Humiliation. 

 

"Are you alright?" A tall male student ran over and helped the embarrassed blonde up to his feet. 

 

"Yes. Yes.. Thank you very much." The small blonde nodded slowly. 

 

The other blonde who's sitting wore a shocked expression. Probably still trying to swallow up what just happened slowly and slowly. It wasn't his intention. Oh well, he was feeling good besides being surprised because things happened suddenly.

 

"You.." Kibum stared daggers into Jonghyun's eyes as he fisted the taller blonde's shirt and pulled him up from his seating position. 

 

"What the-"

 

"You little . Look what you've done." Kibum's voice was firm and weary due to the hotness he felt on his cheeks. 

 

"It wasn't my fault." Jonghyun grabbed Kibum's fist and throws it off his shirt. 

 

"What the do you mean it wasn't your goddamn fault?" 

 

"It was clearly on an accident. I was just stretching." 

 

"Look here you ." Kibum clenched his fists. "I don't give a flying if you were stretching or not, but that does not change the fact that it was your leg and you ing tripped me."

 

"No I didn't-"

 

"Clean. This. Up. Now." The cafeteria drowned by silence by the demanding angry tone of the person they all thought was, the lively president.

 

Lee Jinki appeared with such intense charisma in the dark orbs of his eyes. The aura around him was unbearable. Way too strong. 

 

"I don't care who's fault it is, we'll deal with that later. But right now, I want this mess disappear." The student body president landed his eyes on the two blondes who are mentally shaken in cold sweat. "Make it happen."

 

"Yes, sir." The two male nodded, scared to even look at the predator in the eye. 

 

"I'll help." The tall male who helped Kibum up offered. 

 

"That's okay-"

 

"It's alright. Let him help." 

 

"O-Okay.. If Jinki-hyung saids so.."

 

"Well, as the vice president, this useless punk haven't done anything." Jinki patted his vice on the back. 

 

Jonghyun stared in disbelief. Obvious enough that the taller male was more suit in appearance as president than the small Lee Jinki who's meant to be vice president. Though it's the other way around.

 

"Alright! Everyone get back to eating, before lunch's over!" The vice president clapped loudly to get the students to dismiss from the scene. 

 

Once all the students left the crowd, couple of cleaning materials were thrown at Jonghyun and Kibum by the two student body officials.

 

"I'm Choi Minho by the way." The tall vice president reached out his hand. 

 

Kibum shook Minho's hand while saying "thank you". Jonghyun shook Minho's hand while mentally cursing him for helping Kibum when he could have just left that thing on the floor. But either way, Minho made a good first impression on the two blondes. 

 

Cleaning was easy when you're cleaning with quite a lot of people for not a so much big of a mess. Once it was finished, the student body officials bid "see y'all again around school" and left the cafeteria leaving the two thirsty demons dealing among themselves. 

 

"You are so going to regret doing that." Kibum threatened through his clenched teeth. 

 

"It was an accident. Why are you so worked up for? You just tripped." Jonghyun rolled his eyes. 

 

"Kim Jonghyun, you know what?"

 

"What." 

 

"Watch your y back." 

 

"The hell? That doesn't even make sense." 

 

The angry blonde stormed out of the cafeteria. He's officially done with all this bull that has not even start. 

 

Lunch was pretty much optional. So, Kibum went straight to his fifth period. Entering the empty classroom, the blonde was as close in tears. 

 

Kibum's a fragile kid. Or sensitive. His feelings get hurt easily. Tripping and falling flat on his face in front of every possible students of one of the top school while your lunch went flying in the air like birds is an extreme ordeal for the small blonde. Let's not even bring up the subject of "the first day of school, the first day of high school". 

 

He rested his head on the high-class student desk. 

 

How he wished that he didn't move. 

 

Kibum groaned out "Kim Jonghyun bastard" while his eyes close. 

 

Standing by the door is the other blonde who possesses the name that just left Kibum's lips, Kim Jonghyun. 

 

For some odd reason, Jonghyun decided to head off to class, skipping pass Taeyeon who was greeting him, hanging onto his growling stomach, his feet bought him to his fifth period class. 

 

Somehow, he knew his sworn enemy is there. In his head, Jonghyun was planning something mischievous, but when appearing at the door and caught sight of the person he hates rests his head on the desk, all the plans slipped away.

 

Jonghyun never had seen Kibum like that. 

 

Jonghyun actually felt bad. 

 

Jonghyun actually wanted to enter the room and apologize for what he accidentally did. 

 

Jonghyun actually sense guilt upon his body.

 

Kim Jonghyun actually felt something he hasn't felt towards Kim Kibum, his forever enemy.

 

The puzzled blonde shook his head and the feelings away as he make an entrance into his fifth period class.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

>>><<<

 

Author's Note:

I'm back! Hello all my beautiful y people~ I'm sorry for this EXTREMELY LATE update. Alot of things had been going on in my miserable life, therefore, there wasn't any chance for an update..... But anyways! I am back! ... After two months and a couple of days (?).. Though I can't guarantee of the future, I'm still here! Giving you gorgeous creatures a quite long chapter. Hope all of this story's awesome readers enjoy the update. Thank you very much. And don't forget to leave feedbacks because I love reading them~ Until next time..........