Illuminance

Next Door Enemies
 
“Excuse me?” Yixing was the first to spoke up after a long, and shock, silence of awkward rudeness.
 
“You heard me.” Jonghyun sternly replied. 
 
“What the are you doing?” Kibum half-shouted. “Who the do you think you are, Kim Jonghyun?”  
 
Jonghyun didn’t let his emotions get the best of his eye contact with Kibum’s widen ones. And so Jonghyun held it firmly and confidently. Obviously, Kibum did not backed down. Not in ever. 
 
Yixing uncomfortably diverts his vision around until they find their way to Taeyeon, who’s look like she’s about to cry. The foreigner instantly realized what was going to happen.
 
. Jonghyun is going to confront them.
 
Well, no, not them. More like only Kibum. 
 
“Okay… I’ll happily take this as my cue to leave this hellhole filled with the overwhelming smells of arousal and probably angry . So bye!”
 
The dark haired Chinese dashed out of the still-ongoing festival in a speed that is humanely impossible. Though, hey, anything is possible when you know you’re going to be hang and burned once you’re caught. 
 
Kibum still hasn’t move from where he was standing. Neither has Jonghyun.
 
“What the is your problem?!” Kibum challenged. 
 
My problem?” Jonghyun scoffed as the other blond stared at him, wide-eyed. “Right. Why the hell is it my problem?” 
 
“What the are you talking about? But you know what, I don’t give two s anyways,” Kibum spat. “Go back to ing your girlfriend or something.”
 
Jonghyun’s blood boiled. For whatever reason he hasn’t quite figure out yet. But he knows one thing. 
 
“Taeyeon is not my girlfriend.”
 
Right. She’s not.” Kibum sarcastically stated as he crossed his arms against his chest. 
 
“Oh. I’m sorry. Did I disturbed yours and your boyfriend’s honey time?” 
 
“Who? I don’t have a boy-“
 
“That weed er with the ugly dyed hair.”
 
“Hey,” Kibum’s arms rested angrily at his sides. “Don’t talk about Yixing like that. You’ve got no rights whatsoever.”
 
“I can talk about anyone I want.” 
 
“Why the are you being like this?!”
 
“Shouldn’t you know that?”
 
What?”
 
“You know…”
 
Jonghyun stopped. How was he supposed to say this? How was he supposed to voice it out without feeling scared? Scared of what this is. Scared of rejection. Scared of disgust. Scared of his own feelings. 
 
“Know what..?” Kibum’s shoulders suddenly tensed. 
 
The look that his sworn enemy is giving him right now is.. Terrifying.. Kibum could feel shivers up his spine. Jonghyun never, never, never looked at him like that. There was an undefined softness in Jonghyun’s eyes that constricted Kibum’s breath. 
 
Kibum was slowly losing his ability to breathe. It seems like it’s slipping away at a torturous pace. 
 
Just for a moment, Kibum was anxious for Jonghyun to continue. 
 
Kibum wanted to know. 
 
“Know… K-know.. Umm.. I-“ Jonghyun frantically searched his head for something to say. “I… You…”
 
Kibum swallowed the uncomfortable lump that got stuck in his throat. He’s patiently waiting. 
 
“This is stupid..” The flustered male ruffled his blond locks in frustration. “Whatever the this is. Believe me. This isn’t supposed to happen. No. It’s not supposed to happen. I’m not supposed to get annoyed while seeing you with… With someone else. I’m not supposed to feel bad for you whenever I happened to do something ridiculous to embarrass you. I’m not supposed to let you fall asleep on my shoulder during that bus ride home. I’m not supposed to feel wrong, no, guilty,  when I hold someone else’s hand. I’m not supposed to get this burning sensation of unreasonable anger, though jealousy is a better word to describe it, when I realized that I don’t got your full attention no more. I’m not supposed to… I’m supposed to hate you. Hate you, Kim Kibum. Okay? Hate. Hate. HATE. YOU. This wasn’t the plan. My plan was to make your life a living hell. My plan was to deny everything. My plan was to push everything to the back of my head and let it rot its core away. My plan was to ignore whatever I was feeling. My plan was to hate you forever and ever, as long as I live. But this. This isn’t part of it.”
 
A pause. Jonghyun catch his breath one last time before he drown himself into the abyss of darkness. 
 
“Fall… Falling in love with you... Was not part of my plan.”
 
Kibum, by this time, soaked every single word that ever left Jonghyun’s trembling lips. The shocked blond let out a soft gasp. 
 
“I.. I.. Jonghyun-“
 
“Shut up. Let me finish.” 
 
Kibum immediately closed his mouth. Not another word slipped no matter how hard his attempts are.  
 
“I can’t. Not anymore anyways,” Jonghyun starts again. “I can’t keep on with this. I can’t just ignore the way I strongly feel for you with it’s affecting me so much. You don’t know. But it hurts. It hurts so ing much that sometimes I just want to grab my heart and rip it out of my body. I can’t stand it. I know all these years I’m the reasons behind your hatred and angry tears, but for once, I want to be the reason behind your smile. I’m willing to make up for every ing horrible I’ve ever done to you.”
 
“S-stop.. S-s-stop i-it.. Don’t.. I-I don’t wa-want to hear any-“
 
“I love you.”
 
Kibum covered his mouth in pure horror. What the was going on? Jonghyun did not just ing… .. No.. Stop.. 
 
Jonghyun slowly closed the distance between Kibum and him. To be honest, Jonghyun was nervous. Very. Because Kibum looked like he had just seen a werewolf stuck it’s claws into a victim’s chest and rip out their heart, and the wolf is now devouring that beating heart deliciously in front of a horrified witness. 
 
“Kibum,” Jonghyun softly called as he slowly reaches out towards said male. “I-“
 
“NO!” Kibum slapped Jonghyun’s hand away and as fast as he was right then, turned to the other direction and ran. 
 
Kibum ran and ran and didn’t look back. Not even once. If he did looked back though, he’ll probably stop, because Jonghyun looked like his whole world just bursted into violent flames right in front of him.