Moving Next Door

Next Door Enemies

A family arrived in front of their new condo located somewhere in a fancy district downtown. 

 

"Wow. Can't believe I paid so little for this beauty." The middle-aged male, head of the house, looked up in admiration.   

 

"Well, our son is already in high school. He need an appropriate environment." His wife flashed her warm motherly smile. 

 

"Well, we're finally away from that family you've been wanting to kill for so long." 

 

"Yes. Yes. Let's not talk about them. I really.... Ugh."

 

"Dear, calm down. I don't see what so bad about them."

 

"Dad's right. They're okay. But their son is an ." 

 

The two turned around to their "precious" blond headed teenage boy who just got done pulling his suitcases out of the car's trunk. He flashed both of his parents an "innocent" smile. 

 

"Watch that mouth young man." His dad warned. 

 

"Awwee~ My cute little baby~" His mom cooed as she pats her son's cheeks.

 

"Mom. Stop that." The annoyed son frowned. "I'm not a baby anymore!"

 

"Kim Kibum, you will always be a baby in mommy's heart."

 

"Alright. It's really hot out here. You guys can continue this motherly-son love thing once we get inside where the air conditioner runs."

 

The wife playfully smacked her husband and giggled. Kibum rolled his eyes. Sometimes, his mother is too much for him and even his father to control. She acts young and positive. Probably the reason why she doesn't get along with other women her age. 

 

Kibum sighed softly and ruffled his hair in which he bleached two weeks ago. He's finally away from the nightmare of his life. Kibum has been putting up with the son of a "grand family" across the street at his old place. 

 

Hell it was a rough battle. The two boys just never clicked. And neither do they want to. All these years of seeing each other's face every single day were driving them insane. They clearly hated each other and even went as far as showing it in public. One would dig up trouble and blame it on the other. One would seek revenge causing the other to suffer. Not talking about both their mothers are uncomfortable with one and another due the impact their sons left on each other. Or maybe one lady is the I-am-young-and-adorable-therefore-old-fashioned-people-are-not-my-style type and one lady is the I-hate-people-who's-already-old-but-trying-to-be-a-teenage-girl type.

 

Both males. Good students. Obedient sons. Same age. Completely opposite from each other somehow. Completely loathe each other. They just... It's complicated.

 

"Sick bastard. I hope you go die in a ing hole." Kibum muttered by himself in his new room as his unpleasant memories flashes. 

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

Kim Jonghyun yawned as he rubbed his eyes with his hand. Today will be the day of his life. He had decided. He's finally and finally going to be living in a new house. The almost-freshman has been waiting for this moment since forever. At times, he thought it'll never come. But to his happiness, it did. 

 

Watching the surroundings from his father's new BMW's window, a huge grinned painted on his face. Jonghyun is overwhelmed with joy. He is feeling so great that he can't describe it. 

 

"What a beautiful day." Jonghyun hummed a little random tune. 

 

"Isn't it?" His mother heard her son's cheerful voice and joined in. "This day can't get any better."

 

"Why aren't you like me, Jonghyun? I'm your dad. Like father like son." His dad groaned. 

 

"I don't know. But you just don't understand." Jonghyun answered naturally. 

 

"Yep. I definitely don't because I don't see what's the point in buying a new condo downtown just for you and your mom to get away from some neighbors." 

 

"Honey. You know how much I hate that family across from us. Especially the wife who thought she was still in her twenties." 

 

"Dad. Haven't you seen enough of those horrible things their son done to me?! He ruined my life!" 

 

The man rolled his eyes and continued focusing on the road. He silently shook his head and sighed heavily. It was his son's fault for starting this mess in the first place. 

 

Jonghyun did make the first move. Jonghyun did started it. And it's pathetic how now Jonghyun is blaming everything on the other boy.

 

"Kibum is a nice kid, Jong." The wife suddenly said.

 

"What?! Nice? Mom have you gone crazy?" The son who's sitting in the back scoffed. "I thought you were on my side!"

 

"Don't talk to your mom like that! Honestly, I just don't like Kibum's mother but that kid is quite polite."

 

"My ."

 

"Jonghyun!"

 

"Look. That is no where near the borders of polite. He's a ing piece of that I stepped on." 

 

"Jonghyun! Stop with the foul mouth!" 

 

"I'm grown mom."

 

"Oh no gentleman. You. Are. Not. Unless you're eighteen then I'll consider you're grown. But since you're not. I am still looking after you."

 

"Mom-"

 

"We have arrived, lady and gentleman. Get out before I explode." Jonghyun's father pinched the bridge of his nose in frustration. 

 

Jonghyun growled as he hopped out of the car. He slammed the door hard making both his father and mother to scream angrily. He ignored it and went to pick up his stuff. Kind of mad at his mother, Jonghyun quickly dragged all his belongings out without taking any second looks. He dropped his phone. 

 

Jonghyun's father had already unlocked the door of their new home, knowing his son will probably want to get inside the house at soon at possible after grabbing his things. Jonghyun mentally thanked his father for understanding him in situations like these. The young boy hastily move up the stairs and dashed right into his room. A smile creeped up on his face while he nodded in satisfaction. 

 

"There's a window." Jonghyun put down all the backpacks and suitcases he was carrying. "Perfect. Nice view too." 

 

Jonghyun jumped on the king sized bed and buried his face in the soft pillows. He relaxed and sniffed in the scent of his new home. His new room. His freedom. Until he started tapping on his jeans' pockets and realized his phone wasn't there. 

 

"." He cursed.

 

Jonghyun flew around, searching through his luggage in case if he had left his phone in there. He scratched his head. He remembered putting it in his pocket. He remembered listening to music earlier on the ride. Meaning, he totally has it near him or in his pocket all this time. So where is it? 

 

"Don't tell me..." Jonghyun whispered to himself. "."

 

Jonghyun make his way downstairs and out the front door in high speed. He saw his parents transferring their bags from the car into the house. He stopped and asked them if they saw his phone. His mother yelled at him and his father replied with a "nope". 

 

Jonghyun walked around the parking lot and tried to remember where he went. He retraced the trail he took over and over again in hopes of finding his phone. After minutes and minutes of searching and looking, Jonghyun spotted the mobile laying on the green summer grass. Curses left his mouth. He was furious. Because his phone didn't tell him where it was. 

 

But that doesn't matter now...

 

"What the ?" A familiar voice rang in Jonghyun's ears. 

 

Jonghyun froze. It's done. It's done. He thought. Jonghyun can recognize this voice anywhere. He hasn't look up yet. He's still bending down to pick up his long lost best friend. Jonghyun, however, doesn't need to look up. If he look up, he will sure burn this whole entire planet down. Jonghyun shut his eyes Opened them. Picked up his best friend. Stood up. Check if there's any scratches on his poor friend. Smirked. Lifted his head up. Caught eye contact with his sworn enemy. Flashed a sweet smile.

 

"Kim Jonghyun?" 

 

"Yea." 

 

"What in the flying are you doing here?"

 

"I live here from now on."

 

"What?!"

 

"I repeat. I. Live. Here. Now."

 

"....."

 

"What about you?"

 

"You don't need to know hoe." 

 

"."

 

"I ing swear, Kim Jonghyun. If you happened to live next door to mines. Your damn low life is over."

 

"Oh. You live here too?" 

 

"So what."

 

"Well, I'll make sure you're living as if you're dying, Kim Kibum." 

 

Kibum glared holes into the boy in front of him. He can't believe this is not a dream or nightmare. Kim Jonghyun is standing in front of him in pure brightness of the morning. 

 

Jonghyun's happiness vanished into the air the second he heard the voice of the person he wants to kill. Everything had betrayed him. And here he thought his life would be in much better shape. Jonghyun should have known never to get your hopes up way too high. 

 

The problem has gotten worse.

 

"WHY THE IS YOUR HAIR THE SAME AS MINES???!!!" The two blondes screeched in unison. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

@____@

 

 

 

 

Author's Note:

Hey there beautiful~ I managed to get this first chapt. in before the time I had planned... Whatever... Erm.. I hope y'all awesome people enjoyed this. Please LEAVE COMMENTS if you can because I would love to read your opinions on this new story I started.

Anyways, upvote and subscribe if you haven't. [ I don't really care.. :P ] And have a gorgeous day/night O__O. I'll see y'all wonderful creatures again soon~