Deep Down

Remember Nothing

Taeyeon looked at Sooyoung. She had so many questions. Sooyoung was finally gonna give her an explanation, half an explanation, but an explanation nonetheless.
Deep down the curiosity was making her heart beat a million times per second and her leg was swinging up and down with the nerves. Sooyoung put a hand over her knee making her stop moving her leg.

-"I see some things don't change" Sooyoung let out.

Taeyeon looked surprised at Sooyoung.

-"Yes, you used to do that a lot before too" Sooyoung said.

Sooyoung sighed heavily and looked at Taeyeon.

-"You're gonna listen to me and you're not gonna write anything, you won't make any questions" Sooyoung said.

Taeyeon nodded in reassurance.

-"Good" Sooyoung said.

-"My name is Choi Sooyoung and I'm your childhood friend, you obviously don't remember now but we both grew up together" Sooyoung said.

Taeyeon was surprised and taken aback by Sooyoung's words.

-" Your name is Kim Taeyeon, and you are the daughter of one of the most influential families in South Korea" Sooyoung said.

You have one sister, adopted, but you grew so close it didn't matter. Her name is Kim Hyoyeon and she's now a nightclub owner / bartender.
After I brought you here she decided to stop talking to your parents and became more independent. So you're not alone.
Your father was the one time partner of Seo in building the Unmyeong group. And after it was done he left the company to the Seos and decided to do his own company. The two families have known each other for years and they had been friends for most of that time...that's until, you met her.
We were at a charity and like always our plan was just to get inside, have a couple drinks and leave quickly. But that day was different, when I went to get us some drinks, when I got back you were already talking to her. At first I didn't worry, I thought you were just friends. But one day...you went into Hyoyeon's room, I was hanging out at your place as usua...that's when you dropped the bomb. 

-"I'm dating Seohyun" You let out.

I was scared...so scared when you said those words, you were naive and didn't know what you were saying.
I got up and slapped you right then and there. You looked at me confused.

-"Don't say that...never again say that out loud" I said to you.

That's when you got mad at me...you started screaming and saying that I was just being mean and that I didn't want you to be happy and I was just being silly.
I accepted all your words and simply left your house. After that I stopped visiting all together, I would just hang out with Hyoyeon at a coffee shop downtown.
I usually asked her about you and she said you were fine as usual. But then...one day.
Your time ran out. Chairman Seo found out about your relationship, and that's when the real problems started.
He started threatening you, and more importantly...threatening Seohyun...
You just couldn't have it anymore, you were pretty determined to be with her...
I didn't realize why, until you told me...
You confessed it...that you never did really love her, but were instead interested in a position within the group...you told me you were going to take what was rightfully yours because, it was your father's work and sweat and so it was your duty to have it all back.

Taeyeon listened to Sooyoung word by word...she was going to write something but stopped midway...
So...she was actually the bad one here...she had fooled that girl into thinking that she loved her...so she could have the company her father helped create back?
She wasn't good...she wasn't...nearly the person she thought she was.

-"I never condemned you for it" Sooyoung said.

Your father didn't leave, he was removed, they made his life and his family's misery...your life.
He made some kind of agreement with the chairman...and so he was given funds to start a small company but your father's company was nothing more than a satellite of the group...in the end, it was just another kind of emprisonment. I told you that, what you were trying to accomplish was wrong, your father would never accept it and that you should stop...

-"Okay...maybe, maybe you are right...I'm ruining her life aren't I?" You told me that night.

I only nodded. You grabbed your coat and left my apartment...and that was the last time I saw you.
Someone called me from the hospital. I was so scared, was it bad, what happened? Did someone do this to you? I had so many questions.
When I got there...I swear...I don't know how you lived. You were cut, you had scars...so deep. Such bad markings...some burns. A girl was there, she had found you.

"Tiffany" Taeyeon wrote.

-"Yes" Sooyoung said.

I asked her to stay with you for a day. I figured that if they had started they were most certainly going to finish...

"They would kill me?" Taeyeon wrote.

Sooyoung nodded.

-"I spoke to my father at that time, I still wasn't director...he agreed to keep you safe, here" Sooyoung said.

-"You were still in a coma when you were brought here, you wouldn't remember anything, that's what the doctor had said, at least for some time" Sooyoung said.

-"I blissfully kept you here, but it was never to hurt you, it was to keep you safe"

Your family came to visit you at first but then...they stopped.
Seohyun made several atempts over the years to come in here. But I managed to stop her.
And then...I hired Jessica. 

"I remember that...that yellow jacket" Taeyeon wrote.

"Sooyoung...my family, where are they?" She wrote.

-"I think I've told you enough for one day no?" Sooyoung said as she got up and left.

Taeyeon laid down looking at the ceiling.
Sooyoung walked fast and went into her office she threw herself in the couch.
She started crying.

-"What's wrong?" Jessica said, she was waiting for Sooyoung.

-"How can I tell her?" Sooyoung said as she cried.

-"What?" Jessica asked.

-"That her parents are dead...her family is dead" Sooyoung said as she covered her face with her hands.

Jessica hugged her.