Lost Essence

Remember Nothing

 

 

 

Taeyeon looked up from the floor and tilted her head.
She looked at Jessica who was smiling for some reason. Taeyeon didn't understand, even though this girl had spoken to her countless times, even though she told her everything there was about herself there was still quite something that Taeyeon couldn't grasp, something that was amiss.
And again the question bounced around in her devoid of thoughts mind. Why?

Taeyeon grabbed the notepad with visible strenght and annoyance, she was expressionless though. She wrote something and turned it to Jessica.
Jessica was startled by Taeyeon's strenght and watched her as she wrote and turned the notepad to her.

"I need to forget...everything, even you. You can't help me" Jessica read.

-"I can, I will" Jessica said as she got up and left.

 

Taeyeon watched as Jessica left. She then turned around to once again look at her window.
In this place...there were all kinds of people. Suicide prone...not suicide prone, the ones that were crazy on this world, the ones who had built their own world.
In the end, everyone had their little space, everyone had their little bubble their own world.
 

Jessica the note pad on her desk. 

-"Aish!" She let out.

-"Still no improvement?" A voice asked as she came inside the room.

-"I don't get it...I tried everything. And just when I thought that we were having improvements...look" Jessica said as she handed the notepad to the black haired girl across her.

-"Jessie...I already told you" She said as she looked at Jessica with a worried expression.

-"I know Tiffany...I'm wasting my time" Jessica said.

Tiffany Hwang was a psychologist that mostly dealed with suicidal prone cases much like Taeyeon's. Unfortunately, Taeyeon had been dimmed a hopeless case by everyone on the hospital including the director. Choi Sooyoung a tall woman, young, she had suceeded in the direction of the facility directly from her father who had now retired.

-"You are...she's hopeless, I don't know what you expect to get from her" Tiffany said.

-"Nor do I" Jessica said.


Meanwhile...It was time for everyone to get back to their rooms. Everyday they were just allowed 2 hours time on the little room where Taeyeon watched the bird house. Taeyeon lifelessly walked towards her room, two men acompanying her as always. She was used to this, they were like her guards....guards?
Why did she need any guarding?
She needed guarding from herself...she knew what she was capable of doing even to herself.
Suddenly Taeyeon reminisced something.

5 months ago

Taeyeon sat on her chair as Jessica babbled whatever she was saying. This time was something about...her family and love.
Jessica looked at Taeyeon seriously.

 

-"Minion" Jessica called.

Taeyeon suddenly turned and looked at Jessica, for the first time her expression changed, she slightly furrowed her brows.

-"Self love...self love is the most important" Jessica said.


 

Present

 

Taeyeon doesn't remember what she did to herself though. She saw marks on her wrists...so it had probably something to do with that.
Does doing those things mean that she hasn't any kind of self love?
Taeyeon continued to thought as she went inside her room.
Luckily it wasn't a padded room. But most of the things that should exist in a room were inexistent here.
The bed was made from metal, there was only a matress and two blankets, heavy ones.
So she wouldn't be able to suffocate herself.
There was no pillow. Any sharp objects were taken, she wasn't even allowed to have a pen. All Taeyeon had in her little room was a silver pendant that hanged on the bed. It was tied to the bed. On the end of the pendant...a silver wolf icon. Taeyeon pulled the pendant and let it hang.
She looked at it...

Looking at it made her remember...she wanted to forget.
She put it down and laid down on her bed.
 

 

Jessica had been going through some paper work and other tasks assigned to her by Sooyoung.
She looked up...

What could she do to help Taeyeon.
She wouldn't quit.

Jessica got up and walked to Taeyeon's room, she signaled one of the nurses to open the door for her.
She came inside Taeyeon's room. Taeyeon was laying down on her bed, looking at the ceiling completly expressionless. After all this time this was actually the first time that Jessica had come inside her room.

This was how she lived? With...nothing?
Jessica looked down and spotted a pendant on the floor.
She was going to catch it but Taeyeon was faster. She pulled it closer to her.
Trying to hide it.

-"What is it?" Jessica asked.

Taeyeon extended her hand and opened it.
Jessica opened her hand.
Taeyeon put it on Jessica's hand.

-"A wolf?" Jessica asked.

Taeyeon nodded with an expressionless face.

She made a mimic of writing in her hand.
Jessica grabbed a small block on her pocket and a pen and gave it to Taeyeon.

"Lone wolf, Fenrir" Taeyeon wrote and gave it to Jessica.

-"Fenrir?" Jessica asked.

Taeyeon nodded.

-"I..." Jessica was saying but Taeyeon grabbed her pendant back and laid down facing the wall now.

Jessica took the hint and left her room.

-"Fenrir?" Jessica asked herself as she tilted her head.

 

Jessica went back to her office and searched for the word.

"As a person, a lone wolf is an individual who prefers solitude, is introverted, or who works alone" Jessica read.

Fenrir...she typed.

"Fenrir a figure from norse mythology foretelled to kill odin on the day of ragnarok" She read.

"Foretelling trouble from his growth the gods imprisoned him, in the process he bit of the righ hand of the god Tyr" She read.

Jessica looked as puzzled as she had in the begining of all this.

What does this have to do with Taeyeon?
What happened to her?
Jessica just wanted to know that, but Taeyeon wasn't making it any easier for her.

At least...she was leaving hints now