Not Good Enough

Remember Nothing

As she was leaving the bar. Sooyoung had followed her. She grabbed her hand and returned the notepad and pen.
Sooyoung looked at Taeyeon but she diverted her gaze and looked down. She didn't want to see anyone, she didn't want to talk to anyone.
It was all her fault that her family was dead and there was nothing that she could do...
Nothing she could do to set it right...
Nothing she could do to bring them back...
The fresh returned memories from her family just kept replaying over her and over in her mind and for once Taeyeon truly wished that she remembered nothing...
Sooyoung squeezed her hand carefully.
Taeyeon looked up at her once.

"What will you say to her?"

"What will you tell her?" Sooyoung suddenly asked not giving spaces between questions.

"The truth" Taeyeon wrote.

"Is Jessica the only thing you can say?" Sooyoung suddenly asked.

Taeyeon looked down.

"What is the truth Taeyeon?" Sooyoung asked.

"You know what is the truth, they're dead...and it's all my fault, I killed them" Taeyeon wrote.

"So, you think that now you're not good enough for Jessica anymore?" Sooyoung asked.

Taeyeon looked down as if Sooyoung had struck the right spot.
Sooyoung cupped her hand.

"You know...it wasn't your fault, it was just..." Sooyoung was saying. Taeyeon pulled out her hand.

"Because of my stupid love?" Taeyeon wrote. Tears were falling from her eyes.

Sooyoung didn't say anything. Tiffany and Hyoyeon came up behind Sooyoung. Taeyeon walked up to Hyoyeon.

"I'm sorry" She wrote.

Hyoyeon looked at her. She was a wreck.

"I'm sorry too, I'm sure you'll know what to do about Seohyun...it's just..." Hyoyeon said.

"I understand" Taeyeon wrote.

Tiffany grabbed Taeyeon's hand and lead her back to the car.
Sooyoung looked at Hyoyeon.

"Take it easier on her" Hyoyeon said.

"Will do" Sooyoung answered as she turned around and got inside the car.

Hyoyeon waved goodbye as they left.


Jessica was sitting in front of the door. She was gonna wait until Taeyeon came back. Even if it took days...
Was she alright? Who was she meeting? What if it was a big shock to her? 
She remembered? How much did she remember? 
None of Jessica's thoughts were dedicated to herself but only to Taeyeon and her well being.
She looked up and recognized the car that stopped. Out came the person she was looking for.
Taeyeon!
But she was looking so down...she looked like a mess.
Jessica got up and walked up to her. Sooyoung and Tiffany looked down. Jessica found the whole mood weird and sad.
Jessica hugged Taeyeon, but she didn't hug her back. She just lifelessly stayed in her arms and cried.
She cried and cried. Jessica fondled her hair. No words were needed. Jessica grabbed her hand and lead her inside.
Sooyoung looked at Tiffany.

"Think she'll be okay?" Tiffany asked.

"You heard what she said, Jessica, the one word she said...I think, she'll be okay" Sooyoung said.

They both got inside the building.


Seohyun was gazing down on the city when someone suddenly came into the office.

"Miss" A young man said.

"What is it?" Seohyun let out.

"We have found evidence of the whereabouts of Kim Hyoyeon" He said.

"Is that so? How interesting..." Seohyun said as she let out a laugh.

"Prepare the car" She ordered.

Jessica was laying down with Taeyeon, her head on Jessica's chest as the latter fondled her hair. Taeyeon kept crying.

"It's okay" She said.

"You'll be okay" She said.

For some only minor and simple words but for Taeyeon, with Jessica's voice, truly life saving.
She looked up into Jessica's eyes. She looked broken.

"I'm broken aren't I?" Taeyeon wrote.

Jessica looked at her, tears threatening to fall.

"You're not" Jessica said, her voice wavering.

"What if this time you can't glue me back together?" Taeyeon wrote.

"Don't say that, don't say that" Jessica said as she hugged her.

Taeyeon took a deep breath as Jessica pulled her in...
She always smelled so nice. But what if Jessica wasn't enough to pull her pieces back together?
What if she didn't manage to tell Seohyun all she wanted to say...
Is Seohyun still after her? Is Seohyun still in love with her?
What had she done...

"I'm not good enough for you" Taeyeon wrote and showed her.

Jessica looked her in the eyes.

"You are, I love you, of course you are good enough" Jessica said.

"I told you, I'll love you no matter what" Jessica said.

Taeyeon looked down.

"My family is dead" Taeyeon wrote.

Jessica's heart sank...she had found out.

"I killed them" She wrote as tears fell from her eyes.

"You didn't" Jessica said.

"Whatever you did...I'm sure it wasn't your fault" Jessica said.

"Yes it was, it was my fault!" Taeyeon wrote.

"I killed them" Taeyeon wrote.

"I used Seohyun and I killed my family, I'm a bad person, I don't deserve you, I don't deserve that you are so selfless to me...Just...go" Taeyeon wrote.

"You're not saying that, you're not saying that" Jessica said as she hugged Taeyeon from behind. Tears streaming down her face.

Taeyeon threw the notepad away.
Jessica's heart felt as if a hole had been punched right through, she walked out of the room. She closed the door behind her and slid down, she was crying.
Taeyeon could hear her cry, she grabbed the notepad. She wrote.

"My fault, my fault, my fault, my fault, my fault, my fault..." Over and over again...

Hyoyeon was sitting down in one of the tables when someone came inside the bar. Hyoyeon was drinking, a glass and a bottle in front of her.
She was in deep worry about Taeyeon and all that had happened. She heard someone approach.

"We're closed now" Hyoyeon said.

"Even for me" Seohyun said in a cold tone as she sat in front of Hyoyeon.

Hyoyeon froze in her seat, she looked at her as if she was looking at a ghost.

"What are you doing here?" Hyoyeon asked.

Seohyun looked around. She passed a finger on the table as if checking for dust.

"I admit, it was hard finding you" Seohyun said as she had a disgusted expression.

"Haven't you done enough? Haven't you hurt us enough?" Hyoyeon asked.

"No, no, I haven't! It will never be enough!" Seohyun said.

"Until what? Until you destroy us? Until you kill us? Until you make us miserable?" Hyoyeon said.

"Your family...it wasn't my decision..."Seohyun looked down with a sadenned expression.

"I loved your father" Seohyun said.

Hyoyeon just looked at her in disbelief.

"So what do you want with me?" Hyoyeon said.

"Nothing...I...just wanted to see if you were okay" Seohyun said.

Hyoyeon frowned...

"Leave" She said coldly.

Seohyun got up.

"It will never be enough" Seohyun said to Hyoyeon.

"Not until she loves me" She whispered.

Hyoyeon opened her eyes in surprise and said nothing as Seohyun left the bar.

Sooyoung grabbed Jessica's arm and helped her up. They walked outside together...

"You have to give her some time" Sooyoung said.

Jessica kept silent.

"Maybe a few days" Sooyoung said.