Rich

Remember Nothing

 

 

 

Taeyeon was laying down on her bed. Her mind still wondering why she had remembered such things as the Unmyong Group's building, the new C.E.O.

That girl...Taeyeon is sure she has been with her. At some point in her life.

And Taeyeon guesses that this icon she now held above her face could also be answered by her.

Taeyeon's head was hurting, she has remembered too much in a single day. She put down the icon and turned her body to the side. She wanted to sleep right now, just that...sleep.

 

Jessica looked at Sooyoung with a wronged expression.

 

-"Where is she going?" Jessica said.

 

-"Let her go, she's tired" Sooyoung said.

 

-"I guess...remembering all those things made her tired" Jessica said.

 

-"Yes, so now let her rest" Sooyoung said.

 

-"But still...Unmyeong Group, really? That's like...remembering the US President" Jessica said.

 

-"Don't overdo it. Still indeed they are powerful people" Sooyoung said.

 

-"Do you think....?" Jessica said.

 

-"What? That they might have something to do with her forgetting all her life and having several scars and up to 2nd degree burns in her body. Yes" Sooyoung said.

 

-"Who would do such a thing?" Jessica said.

 

-"Powerful families will do anything to see their will fulfilled" Sooyoung said.

 

-"Even going to the extent of torturing?" Jessica said.

 

-"They can be...rather persuasive" Sooyoung said as she put a hand to her side.

 

Jessica looked at Sooyoung.

 

-"It seems you know by experience" Jessica said.

 

-"The way you're talking" She said.

 

-"I don't, I was just saying" Sooyoung said.

 

-"I'll see ya later" She said as she left.

 

Jessica closed her laptop and put her feet on her desk stretching her legs.

 

 

-"And go home Jessica Jung" Sooyoung said.

 

-"I already am home" Jessica said.

 

Sooyoung looked at her. And she smiled, without answering.

 

 

 

Next morning, Taeyeon was sitting on her seat by the window again. She didn't want to think about any of it anymore. Unmyeong Group, fenrir, that girl. She just wanted to forget it all, forget she had ever remembered it. What good would it do her? Remembering the Unmyeong Group? They were just a powerful corporation, they wouldn't pay any attention to her.  Fenrir was just a mythological figure, what did it even mean to her? That girl, whoever she was, why wasn't she coming here now? Taeyeon didn't see a point in all of this. 

 

Suddenly, she sat in front of her again. 

 

-"Hey" Jessica said.

 

-"How are you? You were tired yesterday weren't you?" Jessica asked.

 

Taeyeon nodded slightly.

 

Jessica extended her hand and grabbed Taeyeon's who turned her attention from the window to her almost instantaneously.

Taeyeon looked deep into Jessica's eyes and Jessica did the same.

Neither of them talked...no one said anything.

 

-"You have to try and remember....for me" Jessica said.

 

Taeyeon looked at Jessica with smiling face. She turned her head sideways as if gazing Jessica's beauty from another angle.

Taeyeon nodded.

 

-"Yes!" Jessica said.

 

-"I'll go eat, I'll be back" Jessica said as she left.

 

Taeyeon looked back at that bird house. The birds were different today, they were moving around a lot more.

Taeyeon smiled.

She then felt a presence. She turned her head.

It was Sooyoung...

Taeyeon looked at her with a curious expression, not understanding what she was doing here.

 

-"She likes you a lot you know" Sooyoung said as she looked at Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon couldn't speak but she looked at Sooyoung with an agreement expression.

 

-"Oh...here" Sooyoung said as she gave the notepad to Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon wrote.

 

"I'm afraid to break her heart" It read.

 

-"You probably will" Sooyoung said.

 

Taeyeon furrowed her brow.

 

-"If you aren't wise enough" Sooyoung said.

 

"Wise enough?" Taeyeon wrote.

 

-"Yes...tomorrow, come to my office, just you, without Jessica" Sooyoung said.

 

"Very well" Taeyeon wrote.

 

Sooyoung smiled at her and then left.

 

What did Sooyoung meant by that? And why should Taeyeon go to her office?

Does Sooyoung know something they don't? She did say Taeyeon wasn't poor. How does she know?

 

Jessica sat back in front of Taeyeon she had eaten a sandwich and drank the soda as fast as she could.

 

-"You okay?" Jessica asked.

 

Taeyeon turned the page of the notepad.

 

-"Oh, the notepad" Jessica said.

 

"Sooyoung brought it for me" Taeyeon said.

 

-"Sooyoung was here?" Jessica asked as she furrowed her brow.

 

"She was, she gave me this so I could talk to you" Taeyeon lied.

 

Talk...

She wished she could.

Soon Jessica also left. Taeyeon went back to her room.

In the back of her mind, Sooyoung was scratching. What did she have to tell Taeyeon? Why was she going to her office.

 

Jessica laid down on the couch at her office. 

Taeyeon seemed distant and weird yesterday...