Secrets

Remember Nothing

 

 

 

Sooyoung was inside her office, sitting on the desk that had once belonged to her father and to his mother before him. Yes, this institution ran in the family. She had always wanted to manage it, and now she was doing it. She could've worked somewhere else though, that's for sure, she could've worked somewhere...more, more I guess, but she preferred to stay here. The Choi family was known for their expertise in medicine, but she somehow had always felt attarcted to this place.
She got up and walked to the window, the city was moody today, clouds were feeling the sky and rain was threatening to fall.
Someone knocked on her door.

-"Come in" She let out.

Taeyeon slowly came inside and closed the door behind her.

-"Someone there?" Sooyoung said as she continued to look outside.

Taeyeon felt a bit pricked by her attitude but she walked behind her and tapped her shoulder to show her she was there.
Sooyoung looked at her sweetly. Her eyes went into a puppy style pout that Taeyeon found cute.

-"I'm terribly sorry, I forgot that it could be you" Sooyoung said clasping her hands together in forgiveness.

Taeyeon looked at her and smiled, she nodded a no...telling Sooyoung that it was okay.

-"Sit" Sooyoung said as she pointed towards one of the chairs on the other side of the desk.

Taeyeon sat down and looked at Sooyoung.
Sooyoung took a notepad from her drawer and grabbed a pen from her cup, she gave them to Taeyeon.
Taeyeon grabbed the notepad and opened it, she wrote something and showed it to Sooyoung.

"What did you want to talk about?" Taeyeon wrote.

-"Remember when I told you that you aren't poor" Sooyoung said bluntly.

Taeyeon looked at Sooyoung with a stern look.

"You also said that I might be taken of the family registry" Taeyeon wrote.

-"You really don't remember anything?" Sooyoung asked.

Taeyeon looked at Sooyoung and furrowed her brow. Why was she asking that.

"Apart from what I told Jessica no..." Taeyeon wrote.

Sooyoung sighed.

-"I can tell you somethings, but I can't tell you everything" Sooyoung said.

"Why not?" Taeyeon asked.

-"Because you still don't remember everything" Sooyoung answered.

"What do I need to remember?" Taeyeon wrote.

-"You'll know it when you do" Sooyoung said.

"What about the things you can tell me?" Taeyeon wrote.

-"I can tell you that you are not poor, and that maybe we can get you back what is rightfully yours..." Sooyoung said.

"What is rightfully mine?" Taeyeon wrote.

-"Yes, but first, so you can understand more about your...past, I advise you to read these" Sooyoung said as she gave Taeyeon a tin box.

Taeyeon looked at it with a furrowed eyebrow.

-"If you have any questions you can come here" Sooyoung said.

Taeyeon left Sooyoung's office, she went back to her room and put the tin box under her bed, she wasn't sure she was ready to read whatever was inside yet, she needed to get ready first, because she was sure that reading whatever was inside that box would make her remember, and remembering made her head hurt, a lot. She walked slowly to the small hangout room, she was absorbed in thoughts.

She sat by her window, on her chair and looked outside, hugging her knees with her chin resting on them. She could only wonder about the things that Sooyoung knew. Sooyoung seemed to know something about her past that she didn't something that she was missing. But then again it's not like she remembers much of her past anyways. She heard a chair move, she looked in front of her...it was her, the doctor...Jessica.

-"Hello" Jessica let out.

Taeyeon looked at Jessica and smiled slightly.
Jessica looked seriously at her.

-"Are you okay?" Jessica asked,

-"You were so weird yesterday, I thought that maybe something happened" Jessica said.

Taeyeon nodded a no.

-"So nothing happened?" Jessica asked.

Taeyeon gave her an expression of assurance.

-"I want to talk to you...seriously now, I want you to remember, I need you to remember okay? I'll be with you all the way" Jessica said.

Taeyeon looked at Jessica with a furrowed brow.
Jessica got up and left.

-"Was that good enough?" Jessica said as she looked at the person in front of her.

-"Yes, I just want her to remember...." Sooyoung said.