Night Of Family

Remember Nothing

Sooyoung grabbed to Jessica's lab coat hard, she cried.
Jessica fondled her hair.

"How can I tell her?" 

"Where do I even start?"

"What did you say?" Jessica asked.

"Her family, her family Jessica, they're all dead, at the exception of Hyoyeon...they are all dead" Sooyoung said.

"What?" Jessica let out.

Sooyoung just kept crying...She suddenly got up and left.
Jessica just sat there for a while trying to absorb everything she had just heard, she couldn't believe it.
Taeyeon was really alone...all this time. Jessica felt tears coming out of her eyes as if she had lost her own family.
Sooyoung got out of the institution and into her car, she drove as fast as possible, she needed to calm down, she needed to compose...
That talk with Taeyeon had brought up many memories that she didn't want to see resurfaced.
She stopped her car near an alley, she looked behind her, making sure that she wasn't followed, she got through the alley, on the other side a single and lonely neon sign was shining. She went through the small door, a big man on the other side, they nodded to each other in acknowledgment before Sooyoung steped inside.
It was a bar, an hostess bar, she walked over to the main counter and sat in one of the high stools.
A small figure with hair cut short came to meet her, she was cleaning a whiskey glass with an old rag.

"Sooyoung"

"Hyoyeon" 

They greeted each other. As she came near the light of the lamps, Hyoyeon had a scar running across the right side of her face, running from her forehead across her eye to the cheekbone. 

"I told her, a part of it at least" Sooyoung said.

"You probably weren't able to say that our family is dead" Hyoyeon said calmly as she put the glass in front of Sooyoung with Ice and poured Whiskey into it.

"You're right, I wasn't" Sooyoung said as she looked down onto her glass.

Hyoyeon leaned back against the back cabinets. She gave Sooyoung a sweet smile.

"I knew you wouldn't be able to do it" Hyoyeon said.

"Then why did you ask me to do it?" Sooyoung said.

"Because someone had to tell her"

"Couldn't you just show up and tell her?" Sooyoung said.

"You know it's not that simple, you know I can't easily leave this place" Hyoyeon said.

"He gave the company to her, why would they be looking for you still" Sooyoung let out.

"You know why" Hyoyeon said as she looked at Sooyoung sternly.

Sooyoung looked down and didn't say anything.

"Anyways, we have to hope she'll remember more of her past now and that maybe she'll do the right thing" Hyoyeon let out.

"Do the right thing?" Sooyoung asked.

"Yes, the right thing, I know Taeyeon well...but, I can only believe that she will do it, I don't know if she will do it"

"The right thing eh..." Sooyoung drank the rest of the whiskey in one gulp.

She smiled at Hyoyeon and left, Hyoyeon waved slightly as she left.
She sighed...

"Taeyeon..."

Jessica opened the door to her room. There she was looking down. Jessica sat beside her.
Taeyeon looked at her and frowned...

"I'm sorry, I'm not a good person" Taeyeon wrote.

Jessica turned the notepad down, she leaned in on Taeyeon and kissed her lips, she smiled and then whispered in her ear.

"It doesn't matter" She whispered in a sweet voice.

She put a hand on Taeyeon's chest on the left side.

"This is who I love now" Jessica said.

"This heart, is not the same one that was here before"

"What if I get back to being that person?" Taeyeon wrote.

"I'll be there, to remind you that you're this person now, that you're this amazing being that I love too much to let go" Jessica said.

"I'll save you Taeyeon, even if I have to save you from yourself" Jessica let out.

Taeyeon just smiled...she laid her head on Jessica's hips and let out a big sigh.
Jessica just fondled her hair...remembering how Sooyoung said that all of Taeyeon's family was dead.
Jessica reached down to Taeyeon's ear.
 
"I'll be with you, you'll never be alone" Jessica whispered.

Taeyeon just fell asleep, she closed her eyes, and she saw it....she saw everything. She saw how she had ruined her life, she saw her family, she saw Sooyoung and how they friendship was beautiful...she smiled as she slept...but then when it got to a dark night, where she was walking into a building her head started hurting.
Taeyeon opened her eyes and got up quickly! She had fallen asleep beside Jessica. Jessica rolled and looked at her.

"Are you okay?"

Taeyeon nodded slightly...she looked to the window...
What happened on that night?