Surprise! You're a mom

Can Love conquer all

---At the hospital---

You pull into the parking lot and run into the hospital. As soon as you enter the building, you see Zelo sitting there staring into space with bloodshot eyes. You rush over to the boy.

You: “Zelo.”

Zelo: “*hearing his name being called looks up and sees you* Noona!”

The blond-headed teen stands up and you hug him.

You: “*looking up at the boy* Zelo, are you okay?”

Zelo nods as a man in a suit walks over to you.

Man in the suit: “Do you know this boy?”

You: “*turning away from Zelo to the man* Yes I do. *pulling your best ‘don’t mess with me’ face* And who may I ask are you?”

Man in the suit: “*extending his hand which you refuse to take* Mianhamnida, I forgot to introduce myself.  *putting the hand previously extended to you in his briefcase to pull out his business card which he hands to you* I am Kim Sunggyu from Social Services. *you take the card from him and hand it to Jongup who is now standing next to you* The reason I am here is because of the recent accident involving Mr. Bang. It seems that since he may be in the hospital for a while, Zelo needs a responsible adult to be his guardian. I spoke with Mr. Bang’s friends here and they said that you would be the best candidate to care for Jun Hong until his brother recovers. Would you be willing to do this?”

You: “*taking in the information and then looking at the boys* Why did you guys recommend me?”

Jongup: “*putting his hand on your shoulder* You are the most responsible out of all of us and you seem like you would do a good job taking care of him.”

You: “*looking at Zelo then to Sunggyu* Mr. Kim, what happens to Jun Hong if none of us can take him in?”

Sunggyu: “*matter of factly* He will put into the charge of the state until Mr. Bang is able to care for him again.”

You: “*looking around to everyone and your eyes land on the scared teary-eyed teen* I will take him.”

Just then the doctor comes out.

Doctor: “*looking up from his clipboard* Bang Yong Guk’s family.”

Zelo: “*walking over to the doctor* I am his dongsaeng.”

Doctor: “*raising an eyebrow at the tall baby-faced boy* How old are you?”

Zelo: “17.”

Doctor: “Do you have a guardian?”

You: “*stepping forward* I am.”

Doctor: “You are?”

You: “(Y/N). I will taking responsibility for this young man here until his older brother is able to. *gesturing to Sunggyu* I spoke with that man about it.”

Doctor: “*looking toward Sunggyu* Is that true? *Sunggyu nods and the doctor turns back to you* Well, Mrs.…..”

You: “Just call me (Y/N).”

Doctor: “*nodding* Well, (Y/N) I am Doctor Choi Minho. If you and Mr. Bang’s brother will follow me to my office, I will tell you about Mr. Bang’s condition.”

You and Zelo follow Minho to his office.

---In Minho’s office---

The three of you sit down.

Minho: “*looking at his medical chart* (Y/N), Mr. Bang has three broken ribs, a broken leg, a fractured wrist and 4 stitches in his forehead. He still has not regained consciousness. If it wasn’t for his helmet, he may not have survived his accident. He has already been moved to the recovery room.”

Zelo: “*worry evident on his face* C-can we go to see him?”

Minho: “*nodding* Yes, of course you can.”

You, Zelo and Minho walk to Yong Guk’s room and see the nurse doing a routine check.

Minho: “*to the nurse* Can you give them a moment? *the nurse nods and leaves, followed by Minho*”

After the doctor leaves, you watch as Zelo walks over to Yong Guk’s motionless body almost in disbelief that it is his brother. You walk over to him and stand next to him as his stares at Yong Guk on the brink of tears.

You: “*putting an arm around Zelo* Are you okay?”

Zelo: “*looks at you and the dam bursts and he is balling*”

You: “*pulling him into a hug and soothingly rubbing his back* Shhhhh, it’s okay. He’s going to be okay. Zelo, Guk is going to be okay.”

As you are trying to soothe the teen, the other boys walk in.

Rap Monster: “*seeing the touching scene in front of him* Is he okay?”

You: “*still trying to soothe the boy* I think he’s just scared.”

Luhan: “*sitting on the couch* This is the same hospital his parents died in. He saw his mom before she passed and it may have reminded him.”

Just then you phone starts ringing. You look at the ID and see the Joker card. You look at Jongup who nods for you to take the call.

Jongup: “*sitting Zelo in a chair* Go take the call. We got him.”

You walk out into the hall and answer the phone.

{Phone Convo}

You: “Hey Youngjae.”

Youngjae: “Where are you?”

You: “What do you mean? *remembering your conversation* Oh, honey we were supposed to meet at the park. I’m sorry something came up.”

Youngjae: “What do you mean by that?”

You: “I’m….at the hospital right now.”

Youngjae: “*worry evident in his voice* Are you okay? What happened? Are you hurt?”

You: “I’m fine. A friend of mine is in the hospital right now. He needed me to be here.”

Youngjae: “*calming down* Okay, I guess I’ll see you when you come home.”

You: “Actually Youngjae, I need you to come here. I need to talk to you about something.”

Youngjae: “Okay. What hospital are you at?”

You: “Sungwon University Hospital.”

Youngjae: “Okay, I’ll be right there.”

{End}

You hang up with Youngjae and go back into the room. You see Zelo staring into space again. You go and sit beside him and he lays his head on your lap. You his hair and soon the teen is asleep. As soon as you realize he is asleep, you gently lay his head on the couch and go out to the lobby to wait for Youngjae. After about an hour he arrives flustered.

Youngjae: “*running to you* (Y/N).”

You: “*calmly* Hey, Youngjae.”

Youngjae: “*hugging you* Hey. Are you okay?”

You: “*hugging him back* I’m fine. *letting him go and walking over to the chairs* Let’s sit down and talk.”

Youngjae: “*sitting down beside you* Okay. What’s up?”

You: “Babe, do you mind if I bring a guest home?”

Youngjae: “Ummm sure. Who is it?”

You: “*getting up* Come with me.”

You and Youngjae head to Yong Guk’s room and walk in.

You: “Hey guys. This is Youngjae.”

Luhan: “*sticking out his hand* You must be the boyfriend.”

Youngjae: “*shaking Luhan’s hand* Yeah. “

You: “*pointing to each of the guys* This is Luhan, Jongup, Namjoon, Tao, and the one sleeping on the couch is Zelo.”

Youngjae: “*nodding to each one*”

You: “*pointing to the unconscious figure on the bed* That is Bang Yong Guk. He is the reason we are here.”

Youngjae: “*raising an eyebrow* Isn’t he the guy that tried to beat me up? Don’t tell me he is the guest.”

You: “*holding your hands up* No, he’s not the guest. *pointing to the sleeping teen* He’s the guest. His brother is his guardian and since he is here in the hospital, he needs someone to look after him until Yong Guk gets better.”

Youngjae: “Why do you have to do it?”

You: “Because out of the five of us I am the most responsible. The guys recommended me.”

Youngjae: “*looking over at the teen* Fine. It will be like training for when I become a dad.”

You: “*throwing your arms around Youngjae* Thank you for understanding honey.”

Tao: “*making mock gagging noises* I’m gonna be sick.”

You: “*throw him a look* Shut up Zitao.”

Everyone tries to hide their laughter as the little panda flops down in a chair pouting. Everyone sits around chatting and getting to know each other. Soon Zelo wakes up.

Zelo: “*sitting up and rubbing his eyes* Noona?”

You: “*look up at the boy* What’s the matter sweetheart?”

Zelo: “Can we go home, please?”

You: “*walking over to the boy* Yeah. Let’s go.”

You, Youngjae and Zelo leave and head to you and Youngjae’s house.