The assignment

Can Love conquer all

You walk into your art class excited as to what project your teacher, Kris Wu, has in store for you. You are hoping you finally get to draw people.

Kris: “Alright class, settle down. *holding up an envelope* I have in this envelope the next assignment. *setting the envelope down on the podium* But before I announce what it is, I would like to introduce our newest Picasso in the making, Yoo Youngjae. *a slender brunette with a baby face walks into the room* Welcome. Find any empty seat.”

Youngjae walks to the only empty seat in the classroom which happens to be right next to you. 

Youngjae: “*sticking his hand out you* Hi.”

You: “*glancing over at the brunette* Hi.”

You continue focusing on your teacher who is now standing in the front of the room holding the envelope with the assignment in it.

Kris: “*opening the envelope agonizingly slow*Let’s see what we have here. *mock look of surprise on his face* This is interesting. *turning to the board as the class groans from the teacher teasing them and writes the assignment on the board* Okay class. Your next assignment is to draw people. *class get excited about the new assignment* Calm down. Calm down. You will be drawing the person to the next to you.”

The class gets even more excited, everyone except you. You look over at the brunette sitting next you, who is staring intently at a notebook on the desk in front of him.

Kris: ‘*snapping you back to reality* I will give you all three months to complete this project. I want you to do your partner justice. Alright class dismissed.”

Everyone gets up to leave. You grab your things and walk out. You best friend Daehyun is waiting outside for you.

Daehyun: “*grabs your backpack* Hey.”

You: “*forcing a smile* Hey you. What’s up?”

Daehyun: “*furrowing his eyebrows* Hey, you okay? Don’t even try lying to me cause I know you better than that.”

You: “*turning to walk away* let’s go get some coffee before our next class.”

Daehyun: “*grabbing your wrist and turning you around* What is wrong with you?”

You: “*yanking your wrist from your friend* I. Need. Caffeine.”

Daehyun: “*walking past you* Fine, let’s go for coffee and then you will tell me what is wrong with you.”

---At the coffee shop---

Daehyun: “*setting down two steaming cups of coffee* Now, talk.”

You: “*playing with the coffee mug* It’s just our new art assignment. *Daehyun continues to stare at you knowing that you aren’t telling everything* We have to draw a picture of the person that sits next to us in class.”

Daehyun: “*raising an eyebrow* Last time I checked you don’t sit next to anyone. Why is this so concerning?”

You: “*looking up into Daehyun’s dark orbs* The new kid now sits next to me.”

Daehyun: “*eyes growing wide and leaning closer to you* There’s a new kid in your class? Well?”

You: “*rolling your eyes* Well what?”

Daehyun: “*sitting back and crossing his arms* You know very well what I am talking about?”

You: “He’s cute, okay.

Voice: “*out of nowhere* Who’s cute?”

Daehyun: “What’s up Chan?”

You: “*whipping around to the owner of the voice* H-Himchan-oppa.”

HImchan: “*taking a seat and patting your head* Hey kiddo. So, who’s cute?”

Daehyun: “The new kid in her art class.”

Himchan: “*turning to you* You like him?”

You: “*standing up* I have a class to get to.”

You leave and head back to campus leaving the two boys in the coffee shop dumbfounded. You are running towards the campus and upon entering you slam into broad surface which causes a low groan to erupt. You look up to see the last person you wanted to see at that moment.

You: “*backing away and stuttering* I-I am so sorry. *bowing* Yong Guk-sshi, I am so sorry.”

Yong Guk: “*smiling down at you* Why are apologizing? I ran into you.”

You: “*looking up and gaping at the boy* Because you don’t like anyone touching you and I just ran into you.”

Yong Guk: “*laughing* True, I don’t like being touched but if it is someone as pretty as you I’m okay.”

You stand there blushing as the school bad boy calls you pretty. He flashes his gummy smile at you and walks away.