Mom

Can Love conquer all

You and Himchan walk back to where and Youngjae just came from. You decide to pass by that spot and head towards the library. You and Himchan walk upstairs to the study hall. You go inside one of the classrooms and you take a seat one of the tables in the back. Himchan sits across from you.

Himchan: “*rolling his eyes* We had to come all the way here to…talk?”

You: “*looking down at the table* Not really. I kind of just needed time to think of how to put this. *looking up at Himchan with all the confidence you can muster* Himchan, for the last few months we have been growing apart. We don’t even talk anymore. *losing your confidence and looking down at the table* I think we should see other people.”

Himchan: “*anger radiating off of him like fire* Are you doing this because of that Youngjae guy? Are you forgetting what his mother did to Junhong? To you? Or does none of that matter to you anymore?”

You: “*fire blazing in your eyes* So what if it is about Youngjae?! I love him! I always have! *realizing that your voice is a little too loud* I love him so much that it hurts. As for his mother, she is okay with us being together. She wants Youngjae to be happy.”

Himchan: “*looking a little annoyed* And before she didn’t?”

You: “*looking intently at the boy in front of you* She didn’t think I could make him happy but now she sees that I can.”

Himchan: “*scoffs*”

You: “*annoyed, you stand up* Think what you want but it doesn’t change that fact that we are over. *walking away* Goodbye Kim Himchan.”

You walk away from your childhood friend, your rock. You regret it a little and hope you don’t lose your best friend. You soon reach the group and you all continue talking and hanging out like nothing is wrong.

---Meanwhile back at the library---

{Himchan POV} *staring into the distance* What just happened? Did she just break up with me? *flashing back through the conversation* Why did I act that way towards her? I should be happy for her. *dropping his head onto the table* I am the world’s worst friend. She trusted me with everything. What if I lose her over this? {End}

---6 months later---

You are getting ready for your wedding with Youngjae, when you hear a knock on the door. You open the door and see your brothers standing there. You smile at them and let them in. When they walk in you notice a beautiful older woman standing behind them. You stare at her before ushering her in assuming she is with one of your brothers.

You: “*sitting down on the quilted silk bench in front of the bed* I am so glad you two are here. *wringing your hands* I am so nervous.”

Joon: “*getting up and placing a hand on your shoulder* Don’t be. You love him and he loves you. You two are made for each other.”

Myungsoo: “*standing next to Joon and placing a hand on the older boy’s shoulder* Joon is right baby sister. You and Youngjae are so sickeningly adorable together; there is no way you guys weren’t meant for each other.”

You: “*looking at both your brothers* Oppas, thank you. *whispering to them* So, which one of you is dating the pretty girl?”

Both of your brothers turn to look at the woman that came into the room with them.

Joon: “*whispering to you* You don’t recognize her?”

You: “*whispering back* If I knew who she was, I wouldn’t be asking who she was dating.”

Myungsoo: “*whispering* Pabo, neither of us is dating her. That’s our mom.”

You stand up and look at the woman who left almost 10 years ago when your father died. You advance closer and closer to the woman and she rises with a sad smile on her face. You look deeply into her eyes and try to get some spark of recognition.

Your mom: “*sadly smiling at you* (Y/N)”

You: “*staring at the woman* Mom? *suddenly bursting into tears* Where have you been? Why did you leave?”

Your mom: “*stepping closer to you and you unconsciously step back* Sweetheart…..”

You: “*holding up your hands* No, stop right there. *staring at the woman in front of you* Do not take another step. *through clenched teeth* How can you show up on my wedding day like this? Did you expect me to just welcome you back with open arms? *feeling your face growing hot with anger* You thought that after you left me almost 10 years ago, you could just come back and expect everything to go back to normal? *raising your voice* You must have lost your mind.*angry hot tears streaming down your face* I will never forgive you! You abandoned me!”

Joon: “*placing a hand on your heaving shoulder* Calm down. Let her explain herself.”

You: “*wiping around* NO! *burying your face in your brother’s shoulder* I will never forgive her. I don’t want to speak to her. I don’t want to see her. I don’t want to be near her.”

Joon tries to calm you down and you hear Myungsoo walk over to your mother and trying to comfort her.  As Joon is trying to stop the tears raking your body, there is a knock on the door. Myungsoo goes to answer it and when you hear a familiar voice you look up. You see Youngjae and immediately dart behind the full length mirror.

Myungsoo: “So Youngjae, what are you doing here?”

Youngjae: “*pointing towards the mirror* I heard (Y/N) yelling and wanted to see if she was okay. *taking a step towards you* Are you okay baby?”

You: “*from behind the mirror* I’m fine.”

Joon: “*whispering to Youngjae* She’s lying. *Youngjae nods because he knows already* Our mom just returned and it took her by surprise.”

Youngjae finally notices the older woman standing on the other side of the room.

Youngjae: “*walking towards the woman and extending his hand* Hello, I’m Yoo Youngjae. It is very nice to meet you. *ushering her into a chair* I know we just met but could you tell me why (Y/N) would be so angry with you, if you don’t mind.”

Your mom: “*taking a deep shaking breath* I left her with her brother’s almost 10 years ago. Back then I was not stable enough to take care of her and her brothers but Joon was. He was strong enough for both of us and I felt bad about leaving him to shoulder that burden. *looking up at Joon* I’m so sorry sweetie. *Joon just shrugs and your mom continues* I came back about 2 years after that and saw that (Y/N) was happy. She was laughing and had grown so much. *you came from behind the mirror to stand next to Joon who wrapped his arm comfortingly around your shoulders* I thought she didn’t need me. She seemed to be doing fine, so I left. *looking down at her hands* I started to feel sorry for myself that my daughter didn’t need me. I decided that without my daughter needing me I wasn’t needed in this world but someone stopped me. *looking up into your eyes* He was an old friend from college named Oh Sehun. You remember him sweetie, he used to bring you gifts every time he traveled. He reminded me that no matter how much my little girl had grown she would always need me. Three years ago, we got married and we have a three-year old son named Jimin. *standing up and walking towards you* Sweetie, I am so sorry I left you. I’m sorry I didn’t come back for you. *reaching you and pulls you into a hug* I hope you can forgive me.”

You: “*tears streaming down your face as you wrap your arms around your mother* Mom, I may n-not be able to forgive *hiccup* you now but I know one day I will. Today is just not that day, *pulling away from her with a smile* because today I am getting married. *looking around your mother to Youngjae* You ready to do this thing?”

Youngjae smirks at you and gets up. The four of you head downstairs and you marry Youngjae. Your mother gave you away and everything went smoothly.