Fever Pitch. Visitors.

Can Love conquer all

---A few weeks later---

Zelo has stopped blaming himself for his parents’ death and you have both of your baby boys at home. You are stressing out that V has not stopped crying since he woke up this morning. Baekhyun is quiet and sleeps most of the day.

You: “*rocking V* TaeTae, sweetie, please stop crying. Baby, go to sleep. Please go to sleep.”

V continues to cry and he becomes increasingly more vocal. Just as you are about to break down from the stress, your savior comes in.

You: “*wearily smiling at your husband* Hey honey. How was work?”

Youngjae: “*reaching out for the baby* Good. Now let me have Tae and you go rest. Where is Baek?”

You: “*handing the baby to Youngjae* He fell asleep shortly after dinner. Tae has been really fussy.”

Youngjae: “*looking down at the little boy* Let me see what I can do. You go sleep.”

You head to your bedroom and you hear Youngjae start to sing to the baby as you near your bedroom.   

 ---A few hours later---

You wake up refreshed and head to the living room. You see Youngjae sitting on the couch holding a sleeping V while dozing himself. You lift the sleeping baby from Youngjae and felt like you were holding a fireball. You decide to call your mom.

{Phone convo}

Your mom: “Hello.”

You: “*worry edging into your voice as you unwrap V from his blanket* Umma.”

Your mom: “*mirroring your worry* Sweetheart, what’s wrong? *aside* Jimin, honey, mommy is on the phone. *back to you* Is everything okay?”

You: “*pulling the onesie off the baby* Umma, Taehyung has been fussy all day and now his entire body is heated up. What should I do?”

Your mom: “First take off everything except his diaper and then take his temperature. If is temperature is over 102 F take him to the hospital. I will be over shortly.”

You: “Okay. I will be waiting for you.”

You pick up your baby and walk to the nursery to get the thermeter. You take his temperature and it reads 102F. You go and wake up Youngjae. Youngjae stirs and blinks up at you. Seeing your worried expression, Youngjae jumps up from the couch.

You: “*looking on the brink of tears* Youngjae….”

Youngjae: “*grabbing your shoulders* Baby. What’s wrong?”

You: “*fear marring your features* Tae has a fever of 102. We have to take him to the hospital.”

Youngjae: “You stay here with Baekhyun and I will take Taehyung to the hospital.”

You: “No, I will take him. I am not going to be left home while you take my baby to the hospital.”

Just then the doorbell rings and Youngjae goes to answer leaving you to try and bring the baby’s fever down.

Your mom: “*walking into the kitchen where you are* Sweetie, we have to get him to the hospital. *grabbing the diaper bag and pulling you towards the door* Come on, sweetie.”

You and your mom head to the hospital. You rush in clutching the baby’s car seat. You head straight for the nurse’s station.

You: “*frantically* Please help my baby. He has a fever of 102F.”

Nurse: “*coming from behind the desk* Come with me. Doctor Choi will be with you in a minute. While you wait, *handing you some forms* please fill out these forms.”

The nurse leads you into an examination room and you start to fill out the forms. Within minutes, Minho enters the room.

Minho: “*shutting the door and walking over to the car seat* What brings you into day Mrs. Yoo?”

You: “*handing Minho the forms* Taehyung has a fever of 102F and has been fussy all day.”

Minho: “*setting the forms down and unbuckling the baby* Well, let’s see if we can’t figure out what is wrong.”

Minho lies the baby down on the table and starts checking him.

Minho: “*checking the baby’s temperature* Did you give him the medication?”

You: “*thinking back* Oh, no. I didn’t give it to him yesterday and this morning he wouldn’t eat so he didn’t take it.”

Minho: “*turning to you* That’s what caused the fever spike. He needs that medicine everyday. I will give him a dose via a shot. Then, I will monitor him to see if the fever goes down. *placing a hand on your shoulder* Calm down, he will be fine. *turning to the nurse who has just walked in* Nurse Park, please bring in the medication.”

The nurse leaves and comes back and Minho gives V the shot. Within a few hours the little boy’s fever has gone down. You go back home with your mom.

---Back home---

You walk into the house with the now sleeping V. You put him into his crib and go off to talk with your mom.

You: “*flopping on the couch* That was….*trailing off*”

Your mom: “*rubbing your back* Being a first time mother is hard. You will be fine.”

---6 months later---

The babies are 6 months old and very playful. You are sitting on the couch while the boys play on the playmats Jongup got them. You hear a knock at the door and go to answer it. It’s your old art teacher Kris.

You: “Mr. Wu, what brings you here?”

Kris: “I heard my favorite student has started a family.”

You: “*blushing* Yeah. *moving aside to let Kris in* Do you want to meet them?”

Kris: “*stepping in and slipping his shoes off* Sure. *handing you a bag* A gift for them.”

You: “*looking in the bag to see two hand-crafted rattles with the boys’ names on them* They are amazing. You really didn’t have to.”

You and Kris walk over to the couch where both boys have turned themselves onto their stomachs and are trying to crawl. You pick up Baekhyun and hand him to Kris. Baekhyun grabs the necklace hanging around Kris’ neck and starts to pull on it. You chuckle at bit at the scene and you reach down to pick up V.

You: “*tickling Baekhyun* This is Baekhyun. He is the older twin. *turning Taehyung so Kris can see him* This is Taehyung.”

Kris starts cooing and tickling Baekhyun. Baekhyun starts laughing causing Kris to crack a smile. Youngjae comes in as you and Kris are playing with the boys.

Youngjae: “Mr. Wu, why are you here?”

Kris: “I heard my favorite student started a family and wanted to meet the little bundles of joy.”

Youngjae: “*taking his shoes off and walking into the house* Oh okay. How have you been?”

Kris: “*still playing with Baekhyun* I’ve been awesome. I’m getting married next year.”

Youngjae: “*sitting down next to you* That’s great. Who is the lucky lady?”

Kris: “It’s…. Lee Chaelin.”

You: “*surprised* Lee Chaelin as in Ms. Lee? The same Ms. Lee who teaches English?”

Kris: “*blushing* Yes, that same Ms. Lee. We started dating at the beginning of the school year but kept it a little bit of a secret so that we could both continue to work at the school.”

Youngjae: “*reaching out to shake Kris’ hand* Congratulations.”

Kris: “*shaking Youngjae’s hand* Thank you. The two of you are invited to the wedding of course.”

You: “Thank you much Mr. Wu. We will make sure to be there. Do you have a date?”

Kris: “We were thinking June at the Plaza.”

You: “*eyes popping out of your head* You are going to America to get married?”

Kris: “*chuckling a little* Chaelin-sshi has always wanted to have a wedding there.”

You: “*laughing* Well, I know we have to be there.”

Kris: “*phone buzzing* It’s Chaelin-sshi. *putting the phone back into his jacket* I have to go.”

Kris hands Baekhyun to Youngjae as he stands up to leave. He thanks you for allowing him to visit and you thank him for stopping by. You also congratulate him on his upcoming wedding. Once Kris leaves, you and Youngjae sit the babies on the floor.  The two of you sit down to watch a little TV. You glance down to check on the two boys and see Baekhyun as flipped onto his stomach and managed to scoot to the end of the playmat. You look over at V to see him all the way off the playmat and scooting towards the speaker tower. You jump up off the couch and grab him. You set him back on the playmat and grab Baekhyun and put him back as well. Once you confirm the two boys are safely on their playmats you go and pull the playpen towards the living room. Youngjae grabs the two boys and places them inside. You and Youngjae smile into the pen and sit back on the couch.

---A few months later---

Baekhyun & V are about 10 months old now and they are moving around everywhere. V is crawling everywhere and a few times you have caught him near the stairs. Baekhyun is also moving around everywhere but has taken to sticking everything he can get his hand on in his mouth. You are stressing out more now than when the twins were newborns. You decide to spend the day childproofing the house. You call your mom to come over and help you keep an eye on the twins. She agrees and comes over with Jimin in tow.

You: “*picking up the little boy who is 4 years old by now* Hey little monster. *raspberrying the boy and then looking up at your mom* Hello Umma. *mouthing* Why did you bring him?”

Your mom: “*walking into the house* Sehun is on a business trip and Jimin wanted to see the twins.”

Jimin: “*looking at you with puppy dog eyes* Where are they noona?”

You: “*setting the boy down* They are in the playpen in the living room.”

Jimin runs off to see the twins while you and your mother pull out the supplies to baby proof your home. You start by applying buffers to all the tables and corners in the house. Once you are finished with that, you apply safety gates to the stairs, the kitchen and the art studio. Once finished with the gates, you and your mother apply child proof locks to all cabinets and toilets. After finishing with that, you and your mother are exhausted. You notice that the three boys have been extremely quiet so you go into the living room to check on them. You find the twins asleep in the playpen and Jimin asleep on the floor in front of it. You smile and call your mom. The two of you smile lovingly at the three boys. Your mother picks up Jimin and carries him to the front door.

Your mom: “*turning to you* If you need anything sweetheart just call me and I will be here. Not only because I want to help my baby girl become a better mother than I was but because I have to make up for lost time.”

You: “*gently hugging your mom* I know and we have all the time in the world.”

You bid your mother farewell and as soon as you close the door, you hear the doorbell ring. You open the door to find Yong Guk, Jongup, Tao, Luhan, Rap Monster, Zelo & Jungkook at the door.

You: “What are you all doing here?”

Luhan: “We want to see the little monsters.”
BYG: “How are those boys?”

You: “*letting the boys in* They just went down for their nap. They will be up in about 45 minutes. *walking towards the kitchen* They are in the living room but please try to be quiet. I got some of your favorite treats so let me get them.”

Jongup: “*following you* Let me help. *joining you in the kitchen* How is it? You know, taking care of twins?”

You: “Why? Thinking of having some of your own?”

Jongup: “*scoffing* No but it seems like it would be hard.”

You: “*handing Jongup a tray with cake on it* Some days are better than others.”

While you are pouring drinks, Youngjae comes in the house.

Youngjae: “*bellowing while removing his shoes* Honey, I’m home.”

With in seconds of his announcement, you hear two very shrill cries. You slam the carton of juice down and stomped out to the front door.

You: “*hands on your hips* Jinjja Yeobo? I just had the boys sleeping.”

Youngjae: “Mianhae.”

You and Youngjae head to the living room as Jongup is coming out of the kitchen with the cake. When the three of you reach the living room you see Tao holding Baekhyun, who is grinning at the panda-like boy and Yong Guk is holding V, bouncing the little boy on his lap. You hear the older boys’ and the twins’ laughter and couldn’t help but smile yourself. You sit down on the couch and watch as they all take turns playing with the babies. Soon, the two babies are back asleep, Baekhyun is asleep in Yong Guk’s arms and Rap Monster has Taehyung. Zelo and Jungkook are also asleep, looking very much like the babies right now.

Rap Monster: “*yawning* Who knew playing with twins could be so tiring?”

You: “*laughing and standing up* I did. Anyway, let’s get them into their beds.”

Yong Guk and Rap Monster follow you to the nursery and gently place the sleeping boys into the crib. The three of you go back to the living room and continue chatting with everyone else in there. You all decide to watch a movie. Once the movie is over, Yong Guk wakes up Zelo & Jungkook and everyone leave. After bidding everyone farewell, you and Youngjae head to your room and go to bed for a well deserved rest.