The accident

Can Love conquer all

{Your POV} What the hell? *opening your eyes and looking at your clock which reads 1:00am* Who is banging on our door this late? *remembering that you are home alone* Is it a psycho? A murder? *walking to the living room and grabbing your brother’s baseball bat* Who could it possibly be? *creeping towards the door* {End}

You: “Who is it? *no answer*”

You open the door and see a man leaning on the doorjamb. When he hears the door open he looks up and you see that it is none other than Bang Yong Guk. He smiles upon seeing you and straightens up only to fall forward. You catch him.

You: “*scrunching your nose* Bang Yong Guk, are you drunk?”

BYG: “*slurring* I’m not drunk. I am perfectly sober.”

You: “*trying to stand the drunken man up* Yong Guk, you need to go home.”

BYG: “*still slurring and wrapping his arms around you* But I need to talk to you.”

You: “*getting angry* Talk to me when you are sober.”

BYG: “*straightening up but still slurring* No, I need to talk to you now.”

You: “*rolling your eyes* How did you get here anyway?”

BYG: “*pointing over his shoulder to his motorcycle* Bike brought me here to see my angel.”

You: “*helping the man at your door to stand* You can’t ride back home. Come inside and I will get you some coffee and then we can talk.”

You help Yong Guk inside and flop him onto the couch. You go in the kitchen to make some coffee.

BYG: “*suddenly feeling nauseous* Bathroom.”

You: “*without looking back* Down the hall, first door on your right.”

You hear Yong Guk run to the bathroom as you start making coffee. As you finish, he returns. You hand him the cup.

You: “*sitting down on the sofa* What did you have to talk to me about?”

BYG: “*taking a sip of the black coffee* I want you back.”

You: “*scoffs* You’re still drunk.”

BYG: “*smirking* Sweetie, I don’t get drunk. Anyway I’m serious. I felt angry at myself for getting jealous of you hugging a friend out of excitement. I shouldn’t have tried to pick a fight with him. *getting up and kneeling beside you grabbing your hand* I’m a changed man. Will you take me back?”

You: “*scoffs and stands up* No, I won’t. *gesturing to the door* Now, since you seem to be perfectly sober please leave.”

Yong Guk gets up and starts walking towards the door. He stops in front of you. He turns to you and just stares. Just as you are about to ask him what he is staring at, he locks his lips with yours. You push him away and slap him across the face leaving it an angry red.

You: “*fuming* What the hell do you think you are doing? *pointing at the door* GET OUT!”

BYG: “Baby, don’t be like that.”

You: “I’m not your baby and I will be like that. Now please leave.”

Yong Guk leaves and you head off to bed angrily.

---The next day---

Youngjae: “*running towards you* Hey.”

You: “*smiling* You are late.”

Youngjae: “*sheepishly* Sorry. *kisses you on the cheek* I was working on a project and lost track of time.”

You: “It’s okay. *getting in the car* Let’s go.”

You and Youngjae head off to a restaurant for lunch. After you finish Youngjae takes you back to your house and the two of you hang out playing video games. After a few hours, the two of you are hungry so you go out for pizza. While the two of you are eating, you notice that Youngjae seems like he is off in another world.

You: “*concern marring your features* Youngjae, is something wrong?”

Youngjae: “*silent*”

You: “*rapping on the table* Yoo Youngjae.”

Youngjae: ‘*snapping out of his reverie* Nae?”

You: “*giggling a little* Are you okay?”

Youngjae: “I was just thinking. *leaning forward and tenting his hands on the bridge of his nose* Babe? *you look up from your plate* Would you consider moving in with me?”

You: “*choking on the food you just ate* Nae? Move in? You mean together?”

Youngjae: “*shaking his head* Nae. Jebal.”

You: “*smiling* I think we could try.”

Youngjae leans across the table and kisses you causing you blush a pale pink.

---One week later---

You are living with Youngjae and couldn’t be happier.

You are sleeping and feel your phone vibrate under your pillow. You look at the ID and see a Joker card. You smile as you answer.

{Phone convo}

You: “Why hello there?”

Youngjae: “Morning gorgeous.”

You: “What’s up? I thought you had an exam today.”

Youngjae: “I did. Finished early. *silent for a second* Do you have plans tonight?”

You: “No, why?”

Youngjae: “Meet me at the park near the school, okay.”

You: “Okay. But why?”

{End}

After receiving your answer, Youngjae hangs up the phone. You stare at the screen in disbelief. You shrug it off and then start getting ready for the day. You then head to campus.

---On campus---

Tao: “Yah!”

You: “*whip around to see the dark-haired panda running towards you* Hey Tao. What’s up?”

Tao: “*trying to catch his breath* Big….Problem…. *you raise an eyebrow at the boy* Guk….in….hospital.”

You: “*staring at the boy* What do you mean Guk is in the hospital? Guk as in Yong Guk as in Bang Yong Guk? *the dark-haired boy in front of you nods* What happened?”

Tao: “*finally catching his breath* He got into an accident. Someone hit him on his way to school today.”

Just then your phone rings. You look at the ID but you don’t recognize the number.

{Phone Convo}

You: “Yoboseyo.”

Caller: “*voice is thick from crying* N-noona.”

You: “Zelo? What’s wrong?”

Zelo: “H-hyung, is in the hospital.”

You: “*pulling your best soothing voice despite the fact that your heart is threatening to beat its way out of your chest* I heard. Tao just told me. Are you okay?”

Zelo: “*sniffling* I’m fine. But, noona c-can you come over to the hospital?”

You: “Zelo, aren’t your other hyungs there?”

Zelo: “Yes but there is someone here who needs to talk to you.”

You: “*surprise evident your voice* Me?”

Zelo: “N-nae. Noona, palliow.”

You: “Okay, Zelo. I’ll be right there.”

{End}

You hang up with Zelo and turn to ask Tao which hospital he is in but you find the panda already sitting in the passenger seat of your car which you could have sworn you locked. You unlock the driver side and turn to Tao who is busy punching the address into your GPS. Once he is done, the two of you head to the hospital.