The Solution

Can Love conquer all

---One month later---

You are sitting at home, enjoying a movie with Youngjae when you feel your phone vibrate. You pull it out of your pocket and see a text from an unknown number. You open it anyway and see a picture of Zelo tied up and beaten. The message under it reads, I told you the consequence of disobedience. You have until midnight to end it with Youngjae. You jump from the couch, startling Youngjae.

Youngjae: “*looking up at you* Sweetie, what’s wrong?”

You: “*grabbing your keys* Do you need anything from the café? I just remembered I was supposed to meet Himchan there.”

Youngjae: “*looking up at the ceiling, thinking* I can’t think of anything. Be safe. *pats you on the as you turn to leave* I love you.”

You: “*smiling sadly at the boy* I love you too, Jae.”

You leave and head to the coffee shop.

---In the car---

You call Himchan to ask him to meet you at the café. He is the only other person beside Jongup who knows what happened with Zelo and the things with Youngjae’s mom.

{Phone Convo}

You: “Channie, can you meet me at Hopey’s?”

Himchan: “*concern dripping from every word* Is everything okay?”

You: “Yes, I just want to hang out with you.”

Himchan: “I know you are lying to me because you only call me Channie when something is wrong. But I’ll meet you at the café to ‘hang out’”

You: “Thank you Channie, I love you.”

Himchan: “See you soon.”

{End}

---At the Café---

You soon arrive at the café and head straight for the counter.

You: “Hey Hopey?”

J-hope: “Hey there pretty girl. What can I get you?”

You: “*looking at the menu* Can I get a Grande caramel macchiato with whip cream and an iced Americano.”

J-hope: “*punching in the order* That will be $6. *you pay for the drinks* Coming right up.”

You: “*leaning on the counter* Hopey? Wait on the iced Americano. It’s for Channie and you know how he hates when the ice melts.”

J-hope: “How about I just prepare both of them when he gets here?”

You nod in response. You lean on the counter talking to J-hope for a little while. While you and J-hope are talking about the new art piece you are working on, you feel a pair of arms wrap around your waist and a body press against yours. You turn around to slap the random person who grabbed you and you see that it is Himchan. As soon as you realize it is him, you throw your arms around his neck in a hug. J-hope turns to fix your drinks while Himchan wraps his arms around your waist and you burst into tears. Soon the drinks are ready and Himchan leads you over to a secluded booth in the back of the café to talk. He waits for you to calm down a bit before speaking.

Himchan: “*grabbing your hand* Are you ready to talk?”

You: “*nod* Youngjae’s mom has resorted to even more drastic measures to get me to break up with Youngjae. That Kai guy has Zelo again. He said if I don’t end it with Youngjae by midnight, he’s going to kill Zelo.”

Himchan: “But you love Youngjae and you love Zelo. This is a tough one. What are you going to do?”

You: “I’m going to end it with Youngjae. I can’t even think about what would happen to Yong Guk and the guys if Zelo was killed. I don’t know how I could forgive myself. The only thing is I don’t know to do it.”

Himchan: “I could help. *looking down at his hands and blushing a light shade of pink* Honestly, I have liked you for a long time.”

You: “*raising an eyebrow* Jinjja? *furrowing your eyebrows* Why are you telling me this after I got over my crush on you?”

Himchan: “*looking up and staring at you wide-eyed* You? Had a crush? On me?”

You: “*finally laughing* Why else would I have followed you around like a lost puppy?”

Himchan: “*blushing brighter* Will you go out with me?”

You: “Yes, Channie.”

Himchan leans across the table and peck you on the lips. You stare at him shocked and then excuse yourself to go home. At the last second you decide to bring Himchan along. You call Youngjae to have him meet you at the park.