Meet the Yoos Part 1

Can Love conquer all

---At Youngjae’s parent’s house---

You and Youngjae arrive at Youngjae’s parent’s house. You climb out of the car and look at the large estate in front of you. You suddenly become very nervous. Youngjae wraps his arm around your waist and notices that you are trembling.

Youngjae: “*leaning in to whisper in your ear* Baby, don’t be nervous. They will love you.”

You nod to him as he leads you up to the front door. Youngjae rings the bell and an older woman’s voice speaks through the intercom.

Woman: “Hello, who is it?”

Youngjae: “Ajumma, it’s me.”

Ajumma: “*nearly squealing* Young Master Youngjae!”

Seconds after, the gate lock clicks and you and Youngjae walk inside to see a rotund woman running towards you.

Woman: “*running towards you* Young Master Youngjae! *reaching Youngjae and pulling him into a big hug* It has been so long. How is school? *noticing you and releasing Youngjae to pull you into a bone crushing hug* Who is this lovely lady?”

Youngjae: “*beaming* Ajumma. This is my fiancé, (Y/N).”

Ajumma: “*pulling back a little* He is one lucky man to have a girl like you.”

You: “*blushing* Kamsahamnida, but I am the lucky one.”

Ajumma: “*ushering you towards the house* Come in. Madam Yoo is waiting for you.”

Youngjae: “*following the woman* Abeoji?”

Ajumma: “*still heading towards the house* Master Yoo is still at the company. He will be joining for dinner.”

Youngjae remains quiet the rest of the short walk to the house. Once inside, you admire the exquisitely decorated foyer as you slip into the house shoes that Youngjae hands to you. You then follow Youngjae towards the living room where you see a slender elegantly dressed woman round the corner.

Woman: “*smile suddenly brightening her face * Youngjae.”

Youngjae: “*smiling just as bright* Eomeoni.”

Madam Yoo: “It is nice of you to drop by.”

Youngjae: “I missed you. *putting a hand on the small of your back* And, I wanted to introduce someone to you. *Youngjae’s mom raises an eyebrow to you* Eomeoni, this is (Y/N), my fiancé.”

You: “*bowing deeply* Annyoung hashimnikka (Formal Hello). Mohnnasuh bohngobsoomkneeda (Nice to meet you).”

Madam Yoo: “What do your parents do?”

You: “*slightly stunned by the question but recovers quickly* My father is an artist but he passed away about 5 years ago and my mother is curator for the National Folk Museum of Korea.”

Madam Yoo: “*gazing at you for a moment* What do you do?”

You: “I am a college student studying art.”

Madam Yoo: “*hmphing* And how old are you?”

You: “I am 20 years old ma’am.”

Madam Yoo: “Aren’t you a little young to be thinking of marriage?”

Youngjae: “Eomeoni, jebal.”

Ajumma: “*as if on cue* Dinner is ready.”

Madam Yoo: “*turning to the woman from earlier* Any word? *Ajumma shakes her head* Well, let’s sit down to eat.”

Master Yoo: “*walking through the front door and into the living room* Dinner smells delicious Ajumma. *seeing Youngjae* What brings my son here today?”

Youngjae: “*bowing to his father* Abeoji, I wanted to introduce you to my fiancé.”

You: “*bowing deeply* Annyoung hashimnikka. Mohnnasuh bohngobsoomkneeda.”

Master Yoo: “*smiling at you* What a nice young lady. Why don’t we all sit down at dinner and get to know each other.”

You and Youngjae follow his father into the dining room. You all sit down and begin eating. Master Yoo asks you many questions about yourself while Madam Yoo sits very quietly watching your every move. Youngjae is smiling like he is the happiest guy on earth while you nervously try to eat, finding it very hard to do so because of the knot in your stomach. Finally, after what seems like an eternity, the most awkward dinner of your life is over. You and Youngjae follow Ajumma upstairs so that you can get settled into your room. A few steps down the hallway and Ajumma pushes open a set of mahogany double doors and ushers Youngjae in.

Youngjae: “*turning to Ajumma* You left my room the same.”

Ajumma: “*nods and turns to you* Please allow me to show you to your room.”

Youngjae: “*staring at the woman* Why? Isn’t she staying here?”

Ajumma: “Madam requested the two of you have separate room. *with that Ajumma spins on her heels to the double doors on the opposite side and pushes them open* Miss, here is your room.”

You: “*bowing* Kamsahamnida. *entering the room as Ajumma walks away, shutting the door on her way out* Whoa. This room is gorgeous.”

You set your luggage on the bed and unpack. Soon you are finished and head to the bathroom inside your room to prepare for bed. After you are done, you snuggle under the lush royal purple duvet. As you are settling yourself in for bed, you notice a small silver box with an aquamarine light in it. You lean over to it and push a small black button and soft ocean noises emit from it. You lay back on the pillow with a sigh and drift into dreamland.

You are having a beautiful dream about being the queen of a beautiful island. You are floating in a mini oasis but suddenly your raft dips dumping you into the cool water. You are under and just as you thought it would be the end of you, a pair of strong arms wrap around you and pull you up. You feel a pair of soft warm lips press against yours and just as soon as they were placed upon yours they were pulled away again. You then feel a gentle pressure on your chest, after a few repetitions of this you start to cough up water. After you finish sputtering you slowly start to open your eyes and…..

Your eyes snap open as you feel someone’s breath ghosting across your neck. You look over to see who it is and see Youngjae lying next to you, sleeping peacefully.

You: “*smiling at the peaceful sleeping boy next you* Jae? *the boy in question groans but remains asleep* Jae? *the boy still won’t awaken and you decide to shake him* Youngjae?”

Youngjae: “*eyelids flying open* Wae? *grabbing your shoulders* Gwenchana?”

You: “*giggling a little* I’m fine. *raising an eyebrow* But why are you in here? Your parents put us in separate rooms for a reason.”

Youngjae: “*hugging you* Yeah a stupid reason. *leaning close to your ear* Besides, I missed you.”

You blush a vivid red and are relieved that the room is only lit by the box next your bed and the moon, making it almost impossible for Youngjae to see your embarrassment.