The meeting

Can Love conquer all

---Two weeks later---

You are at school during a break, working on a new piece. You hear your phone ring, so you wipe the chalk off your hands and answer.

{Phone convo}

You: “Yoboseyo”

Caller: “Yoboseyo. Is this (Y/N)’s phone.”

You: “Yes, may I ask who this is?”

Caller: “It is Youngjae’s mother.”

You: “*bowing* Madam Yoo, to what do I owe the pleasure of this call?”

Madam Yoo: “If you are not busy today, please come over to our house. I have something to discuss with you.”

You: “I’m not busy at the moment.”

Madam Yoo: “Good. Please wear something presentable. Also, do not tell Youngjae that you are coming.”

{End}

With that last statement, Madam Yoo hangs up the phone. You stare at the phone dumbfounded. You finally put the phone down and clean up the art studio. You head home to change.

---At home---

You run into the house and straight for your room so that Youngjae will not notice that you have walked in. You are in your room changing into one of the dresses Madam Yoo picked out for you. You are pulling one of the shoeboxes from the top of the closet, when you hear a low sweet voice behind you, belonging to no other than Youngjae.

Youngjae: “*leaning on the door jamb* Where are you going looking so beautiful?”

You: “*jumping and dropping the shoebox on your head* Y-Youngjae.”

Youngjae: “*coming over to you and picking up the fallen box* Are you okay?”

You: “*rubbing your head* Yes. I am fine.”

Youngjae: “*smiling as he hands the shoes to you* Good, so you can answer my question. *putting the box back in the closet* Where are you going dressed like that? *gesturing to the black jersey knit sheath dress you have on*”

You: “*getting nervous* N-nowhere.”

Youngjae: “*sitting on the edge of the bed* Then why are you wearing that dress?”

You: “*pulling the confident girl act* Cause I want to. *slip on your red peep toe pumps* I have to go. I’ll be back around dinner. *pecking Youngjae on the lips* I’ll see you later, honey. I love you.”

Youngjae just stares after you. You hop in your car and head to the Yoo Estate.

---At the Yoo Estate---

You ring the doorbell and Ajumma ushers you in with a solemn expression. She walks you to the living room and you see Madam Yoo sitting on a lavish white sofa. Ajumma gestures you to an equally lavish white chair across from the couch and you sit down being sure to smooth the back of your dress before sitting.

You: “*bowing in your seat and setting the fruit basket you bought on the way on the table* Annyounghaseyo, Madam. You wanted to see me.”

Madam Yoo: “*ignoring the gift* Yes. Let’s make this as pain-free for both us. *places an envelope on the table and pushes it towards you* That should be enough.”

You: “*looking from the envelope to the woman across from you and back again* Enough? For what?”

Madam Yoo: “*crossing her arms* Look.”

You pick up the envelope and look inside to see 3 1,000,000 won bills inside. You gasp and look up at Madam Yoo.

Madam Yoo: “*deadpanning* I trust this should be a sufficient amount for you to leave my son’s side and never see him again.”

You: “*looking into the envelope and scoff* This seems like a small sum or will I be receiving this monthly. *Madam Yoo gasps at your statement and reaches for the glass of water which you quickly move out of the way* Were you going to throw this cup of water at me? You think this is my first time? *placing the envelope back on the table* I cannot accept this. I love your son too much to be paid off.”

You stand up and leave. You hear Madam Yoo tell Ajumma to throw the fruit basket away. You head home in shock at the events that just transpired. When you arrive home, you head straight for your room. You shut and lock the door, and then you sit on the bed and the tears spill from your eyes.

Youngjae: “*knocking on the door* Baby, are you okay?”

You: “*hiccupping* I-I’m fine. I-I’m just t-tired.”

Youngjae: “*pulling out his phone to call the only person that would be able to coax you out* Yong Guk. Can you come over?”

Within minutes, Yong Guk is knocking at the door. Youngjae opens the door to not only Yong Guk but also Jongup, Tao, Luhan, Zelo & Rap Monster.

Yong Guk: “*walking in* What’s up? * the other guys nod to Youngjae as they make their way to the living room* Where’s (Y/N)?”

Youngjae: “*pointing to the bedroom door* She’s in our bedroom. She won’t come out and she is upset.”

Yong Guk: “*cracking his knuckles* I got this. *turns to Zelo* Zelo, can you go to talk to (Y/N)?

Zelo: “*knocking on the door* Noona. Are you okay?”

You: “*hearing the young boy’s voice, you try to calm yourself* I’m fine.”

Zelo: “*leaning on the door* Can you come out?”

You: “No.”

Zelo: “*walking back to the group* Hyung, Noona won’t come out.”

BYG: “*standing up* Let me handle this. *walking to the bedroom door and banging on it* (Y/N)! *he receives no answer so he bangs on the door again* (Y/N)!”

You: “WHAT?!”

BYG: “*in a commanding tone* Come out here and talk to me.”

You: “*scoffs* Not a chance.”

BYG: “*in a firm tone* Okay, I’m going to count to three and if you aren’t out I’m breaking down the door.”

Yong Guk starts counting and as soon he reaches three and slams his shoulder into the door, shattering it under the force.

BYG: “*standing in the door way* Are you gonna tell me what’s wrong?”

You: “*staring at the boy* After you broke down my door, I don’t think so.”

BYG: “*walking over to you* I’m sorry about the door but I was worried about you.”

You: “*looking at the boy* Were you always this sweet?”

BYG: “*laughing* No, you made me this way. *putting his arm around your shoulder* What’s up?”

You: “*pointing to the doorway* I would say close the door but…. *lowering your voice* Youngjae’s mom tried to pay me to break up with Youngjae.”

BYG: “*looking at you* That’s all.”

You: “*staring wide-eyed at the boy next to you* Do you have any idea how that made me feel? I felt worthless. I felt like I didn’t deserve him. I felt….cheap.”

BYG: “*grabbing both of your shoulders* You are none of those things. You should talk to Youngjae though. He may be able to help.”

You: “*jumping up* No!”

You storm out of the room and run right into Youngjae.

Youngjae: “*looking at you and then BYG and the broken door* What the hell Yong Guk?!”

BYG: “*raising his hand* Sorry dude. I’ll fix it.”

Youngjae: “*waves BYG off* You better. *looking down at you* Are you okay, baby?”

You nod to him and walk past him.