The Date

Can Love conquer all

---The next day---

{Your POV} *thinking about the events of yesterday which caused you to lose sleep* He called me pretty. He is the most notorious kid in school. With one look he can clear a room but he called me pretty. Bang Yong Guk, bad boy troublemaker, called me pretty. {End}

Voice: “*snapping you back to reality* Excuse me.”

You: “*nearly jumping out of your skin* Oh, you scared me. What do you need, umm…..umm….*snapping your fingers trying to remember the name of the boy in front of you*”

Boy: “Youngjae.”

You: “*clapping* Right, Youngjae. What do you want?”

Youngjae: “*looking down* I was wondering when you want to meet to do this project.”

You: “*raising your eyebrow* Project? *remembering that he sits next to you in art* Right, drawing the person that sits next to you. We can meet…. *trail off as you see Yong Guk walking towards you grinning like a goof*”

Yong Guk: “*walks up to you* Hey, pretty girl.”

You: “*blushing* Hi. *looking down to hide your blush* You can call me (Y/N), Yong Guk-sshi.”

Yong Guk: “*chuckling* And you can call me Yong Guk.”

You: “*blush getting deeper* Okay.”

Yong Guk: “Do you want to grab a bite to eat after your last class?”

You: “Sure. *turning to Youngjae* Why don’t we meet tomorrow at lunch and we can start then?”

Youngjae nods and walks away.

You: “*turning back to Yong Guk* Meet me at the front of the school at 4:00 and we can go to Hope’s Café.”

Yong Guk nods his head and goes off somewhere. You head to your art class. You sit down next to Youngjae who stares at you for the entire class. When class is over, you head to meet Daehyun and Himchan. You guys have breakfast and then finish out your classes for the day. You run to the gate to meet Yong Guk. You wait for about 10 minutes when you hear the engine of motorcycle getting closer to you. It stops a millimeter in front of you.

Yong Guk: “*removing his helmet* Get on. *you stand there gaping at the bike* Get on. *handing you a helmet*”

You get on the bike and Yong Guk speeds off. Minutes later, the two of you arrive at Hope’s Café. The two of you walk into the restaurant. On your way over to counter to order drinks, you feel someone pull you into a bone crushing back hug. You turn around to see the man that practically helped raise you since your parents were always gone on business.

You: “*turning around in the hug and throwing your arms around the man’s neck* Hopey!”

J-hope: “*letting you go* Hey Sugar, how have you been? How’s Myungsoo and Joon?”

You: “I’m good. They are good.”

J-hope: “*noticing the glaring boy behind you* Who’s your friend?”

You: “*turning back around* This is Bang Yong Guk.”

J-hope: “*sticking his hand out* Nice to meet you.”

Yong Guk walks off, without a second look at J-hope, to the counter to order. You throw J-hope an “I’m sorry” look before walking over to Yong Guk.

You: “*smacking Yong Guk in the back of the head* What was that for?”

Yong Guk grabs the cup of coffee from the barista and walks away. You follow him as he sits down at a table outside.

You: “*taking a seat* I asked you a question. What the hell was that?”

Yong Guk: “*deadpanning* You agreed to a date with me and you already have a boyfriend?”

You: “*scoffs* He’s not my boyfriend. He helped my brothers raise me. My parents were always gone on business so he was always around. I see him more like an older brother than a love interest.”

Yong Guk: “*looking down at the mug in his hand* Oh.”

Just then you notice a group of boys walking towards you and Yong Guk. They look as if they are headed straight for Yong Guk.

You: “*leaning close to Yong Guk and whispering* Don’t turn around but I think there are some people heading towards you. They look pretty dangerous.”

Yong Guk: “*turning around* Yo, guys. *turning back to you* It’s cool. They’re friends of mine. *turning back to the boys who are now standing right behind Yong Guk* Sit down and tell me why you guys are here?”

The boys sit down and your gaze immediately falls on one that looks very familiar.

Yong Guk: “This is my crew. *pointing to a dirty blonde headed boy* This is Zitao but we call him Tao.”

Tao: “*nodding* You are a pretty one.”

Yong Guk: “*ignoring Tao and pointing to pink haired pretty boy* Pretty boy here is Luhan.”

Luhan: “*grabbing your hand* Nice to meet you. *kisses your hand earning a smack to the back of the head from Yong Guk* Fine. I won’t touch her, hyungnim.”

Yong Guk: “*pointing to a boy with shades and a Mohawk* This is Kim Nam Joon but we call him Rap Monster cause this kid right here can rap like nobody’s business.

Rap Monster: “*nonchalantly* Wassup?”

Yong Guk: “*moving on to the brown haired boy* This is my right hand man….”

You: “*eyes lighting up* Moon Jongup. He is an amazing dancer. We went to high school together and he was the captain of the dance team. I drew a picture of him back then. *grabbing your backpack* I think I still have it. *pulling out your sketch pad and flipping through the pages* Here it is.”

You show everyone the picture and they stare at it in amazement.

Jongup: “*picking up the sketch* This is good. How come you are just now showing this to me?”

You: “*blushing* Back then, I liked you and you were way out of my league.”

Everyone started laughing.

Yong Guk: “*putting an end to the laughter* You still didn’t tell me why you are all here?”

Jongup: “*handing Yong Guk his phone* You left your phone at school. Your little bro’s school called.”

Yong Guk: “*snatching the phone* What the hell happened?”

Jongup: “Zelo and his little friend Jungkook got into a fight with some other kids.”

Yong Guk: “*standing up* I’m gonna kill that kid. *grabbing his helmet* Jongup, take care of your (Y/N). *gets on his motorcycle and speeds off*”

Jongup: “*turning to you* Let’s go to Guk’s place and wait there.


Your drawing of Jongup