Relief

Wicked Game

 

 

 

Jessica had fallen asleep on her office, after she left Yoona's apartment she went to her office, she needed to work. She needed to get her head off from Yoona somehow.

She could only remember Yoona...

"I did it for you!" Jessica heard Yoona's voice saying.

 

It made no sense. Yoona was...wrong on her, on her heart, on her job, She was wrong on multiple levels of her life. It was weird...

Jessica opened the first drawer of her desk. She grabbed a picture frame of her and Tiffany. She smiled.
Those were the happiest times of her life. She felt so free and so good. She was just an officer back then. Not even a detective yet. Tiffany was still an apprentice prosecutor, their life together was just beginning.
How?...Where did it go wrong? Where had they both faltered? They were so good together...how could they've not ended up together.

 

Suddenly Jessica's computer had a notification. An email. No sender. Something that Jessica had never seen.
Jessica opened it. It was a video. 

Of Taeyeon being beat up by some kids next to her car. Jessica looked at it and got up quickly. She looked at her clock. 10:00 AM

 

Meanwhile, Taeyeon and Tiffany were sitting on the living room. They were talking. Taeyeon's face full of scars. 

 

-"I'm telling you she did it" Taeyeon said.

-"I don't believe it...sorry honey" Tiffany said as she looked down.

-"She ****ing did it, you heard the kid saying it!" Taeyeon said.

-"It makes no sense, Jessie is not that type of person" Tiffany said.

-"Jessie?" Taeyeon said.

Tiffany covered . It had slipped. 

Suddenly someone rang the doorbell. Taeyeon opened it.
Jessica bursted inside the house. Taeyeon grabbed her by the collars and pinned her against the wall. She punched Jessica in the stomach. Jessica punched Taeyeon in the face. Taeyeon let her go.

Tiffany went and separated the two of them.

 

-"I know you did it *****" Taeyeon said.

-"Did what?" Jessica said as she looked at Taeyeon.

-"You ****ing sent those kids" Taeyeon said.

-"I came here to ****ing tell you that I didn't do it" Jessica said.

-"Yeah obvious" Taeyeon let go of Tiffany's arm and tried to punch Taeyeon. 

 

Tiffany put herself in the middle making Taeyeon stop.

 

-"Why?" Taeyeon asked.

 

-"Because..." Tiffany said.

-"Because you still love her?" Taeyeon asked.

 

Tiffany looked down.

Taeyeon left the apartment. 

 

-"I..." Jessica was saying.

-"Leave Jessie" Tiffany said.

 

Jessica looked Tiffany in the eye. She just left...

A few minutes later, when Jessica got inside the car, her phone was ringing. She picked up without looking who it was.

 

-"What?!" Jessica answered.

 

-"Wow, wow. Calm down detective, I have nothing to do with your little cat fight over there" Yoona said.

-"It was you, you ****ing psycho" Jessica said.

 

-"I have nothing to do with that, I swear" Yoona said as she laughed silly.

 

Jessica hung up.

 

-"Aish!" Jessica let out.

 

 

Jessica started her car and went to the station.

 

-"Boss" Seohyun said.

 

-"Yes" Jessica said as she stepped inside her office.

-"We've got something" Seohyun said.

 

They both walked to the digital room. 

Playing the video, Seohyun stopped at the right moment.

 

-"There" Seohyun said as she pointed towards the screen.

 

Jessica looked at the screen and saw a Seoul cab. The victim stepping inside.

 

-"Find that cab!" Jessica said.

 

10 minutes later an officer gave Jessica a file.

 

 

-"Woo Jong Eun" Jessica read.

 

-"He's a retired cab driver, married, a few assault charges" Jessica said.

-"If he's retired, how the hell does he have a cab?" Seohyun said.

 

-"I know it!" Jessica said.

-"He probably works on those maintenance garages, find one" Jessica said.

-"Also get me his wife" Jessica said.

 

Yoona was sitting on the roof of the police office.

She grabbed her phone and called Jessica.

 

-"Detective..." Yoona said.

-"You again!? What do you want?" Jessica said.

-"Care to come a few stories up?" Yoona said.

Jessica hung up. 

 

Yoona was sitting on the edge. Right by the edge.

 

-"What the hell do you want? Psychopath?" Jessica said.

-"For you, Miss Psychopath" Yoona said.
 

-"You want to know about Woo Jong Eun?" Yoona said.

-"What? How the hell?" Jessica said.

 

-"Doesn't matter. here" Yoona said as she gave Jessica a file.

 

-"Why are you doing this?" Jessica said.
 

-"I told you, you're my new project" Yoona said.

-"I'm not your project, Yoona" Jessica said.

 

-"I'm just kidding detective" Yoona said.

-"I don't understand" Yoona said.

-"What?" Jessica asked...strangely calm.

 

-"Why don't you arrest me?" Yoona said.

-"Dark matter" Jessica said.

-"You know it's there" Yoona said.

-"You just can't prove it" Jessica said.

-"Now go, and get this *******, he's a shame for all psychopaths, he has a handbag ...he's weird" Yoona said as she laughed.

 

Jessica shook her head and got back inside the building.

Jessica opened Yoona's file, it had an extensive report about his life and his wife.

His job.

With this Jessica knew that it was him. Yoona's help was good.

Even if she didn't want to admit it.

 

Seohyun entered the station and walked a lady to the interrrogation room.

 

-"Boss, the wife is here" Seohyun said.

 

-"Let's go talk to her" Jessica said.

 

Jessica entered the interrogation room. The lady was nervous. Jessica looked at her and smiled. Trying to take her edge off.

 

-"Miss Song Jin Joo" Jessica said.

-"Yes?" The lady said.

 

-"Do you know where your husband is?" Jessica asked.

 

-"Working? He works nights as a cab driver" She said.

-"Your husband has retired from the cab business 2 years ago" Jessica said.

-"What?" She said surprised.

 

Jessica took a picture out of the file and put it on top of the table.

I'm gonna be honest miss...your husband has been lying to you, he has been killing young girls and them.

Miss Song looked at the girl in the picture in front of her, with her family. She looked at her neck and recognized...the necklace.

 

-"Oh my god...what the...No, no, no. It's not true" She said.

 

-"I believe it is true...now...do you know where he is?" Jessica asked.

 

-"No...I don't..." She said.

 

-"I know you have been seeing someone else? Rather than your husband?" Jessica said. She read it from Yoona's file. She has no idea how the psycho found out about that.

 

-"It's true...oh my god, do you think?" She said.

Jessica left the room quickly and told Seohyun to prepare a unit. They left the station quickly.

 

Hong Man was preparing to relax, he had smoked some weed, watched a movie, he called an . On his day off, he was just enjoying it. 

Suddenly the doorbell rang. Hong Man opened. It was Woo Jong Eun. A tire iron on his hand. Jong Eun was not taking any light measures, he just hit Hong Man unconscious and then finally...dead.

He pulled the body inside the house and hid it in the bathroom. The phone rang. He picked it up.

 

-"Hello, this is Layla, are you ready to receive me?" She said on the phone.

 

-"Ready as I'll ever be" Jong Eun said.

 

-"I'll be there in 5 minutes" She said.