Our Promise

Wicked Game

"Do you trust me?" Yoona asked as she looked deep into Jessica's eyes.

Jessica looked at her. She seemed to have some kind of plan. Jessica nodded.

"Say it"

"Yes, I do" Jessica said. Krystal was still asleep.

Yoona sat down on the couch, Jessica sat beside her. Looking at her.

"You have some kind of plan don't you?" 

"Yes, and no"

"It's not a complete plan, but I do have a general idea of what I'm gonna do"

"A general idea eh?" Jessica said as she looked at her.

"What?"

"Do you ever have a plan?"

"I fumble" She said.

"I'm adaptable"

"Oh that's what you call it..." Jessica said sarcastically.

"Yes" Yoona said as she got closer, and closer until their faces were only inches apart. Yoona kissed her.

"Did you miss me?" 

"Yes"

"God, detective aren't you being awfully obedient"

"Shut up" Jessica said as she kissed her.

"I...I love you" Jessica said.

Yoona felt a shiver down her spine as she heard those words, her eyes opened in surprise.
She kissed Jessica deeply.

"Stay here, no matter what happens, promise me you won't get out of this apartment"

"What? Why?"

"Promise me!"

Yoona looked deep into her eyes. Jessica felt...like something was wrong.

"What are you gonna do?"

"It doesn't matter, just promise me you won't leave this apartment"

"Okay, I promise"

"Hyoyeon will never come here the police also won't come here for a while"

"Just...stay here, live here with Krystal"

"Promise me that"

"I promise"

"Good"

Yoona looked at her and smiled deeply. She walked to the front door. 

"Won't you say you love me?"

"Not yet" Yoona said with a smile as she closed the door.

Jessica collapsed, tears streaming down her cheeks.

Yoona got to the parking lot, she had brought the key to her van. Parked in the corner of the parking lot was a black Ford Transit. She opened the back.
There was a bag, Yoona opened it, inside there was a pistol a submachine gun and a shotgun. She also managed to find a knife. These were from the days she used to do Hyoyeon's dirty work. She brought the bag with her to the front seat, she threw it in the passenger seat before starting the van and disappearing into the night.


Sooyoung was sitting in her office, looking at a picture of Seohyun. If only the dead could talk it would make everything so much easier. 
She was shot with Jessica's gun. How? Why would Jessica shoot her? Did she learn too much and so Jessica killed her?
To be honest, Sooyoung didn't think that actually filled the whole void she felt as if something was missing. As if there was something that she wasn't seeing.
She wondered, had Jessica really killed Seohyun?
After all those years working with Jessica, Sooyoung couldn't really just put her chips down on red like that.
She sighed loudly. She looked up at the ceiling. Jessica...
Suddenly her phone started to ring, it was an unknown number, she picked it up.

"Hello"

"Hello miss Sooyoung" A female voice greeted.

"I believe there is no need for me to introduce myself"

"Im Yoona" Sooyoung let out.

"Good, now that we got that out of the way, Jessica is being framed" Yoona said.

"You actually think I'm gonna believe that?" Sooyoung said.

"And coming from you?"

"I don't expect you to believe me, but...how would you like to hear it from the mouth of the perpetrator?"

"What do you mean?" Sooyoung said, she kind of knew who Yoona was talking about but she let her carry on.

"Kim Hyoyeon, I can give her to you" Yoona said.

"What? How?" Sooyoung said.

"Doesn't matter how...just buy me a 30 minute window, no police on her building"

"After that, you're even free to have me arrested, I'll go in, no struggle"

"Just...promise me you'll give Jessica her job back" Yoona said.

"Look after her for me" She suddenly let out.

Sooyoung frowned at those words.

"Are you and Jessica-"

"Yes"

"You're doing all of this for her?"

"C'mon miss Sooyoung we both know that psychopaths and cops are not supposed to be together"

"You don't really plan on leaving that building alive do you"

"We'll see"

"Just, do what I asked"

"Okay, you have my word...no police for 30 minutes"

Yoona hung up. Sooyoung let out a loud sigh, what was she doing, getting in some kind of arrangement with a psycho...
Well it actually wasn't a bad deal...Yoona would raid the building alone, no police involved, she'd probably get killed or even if she did get Hyoyeon, she'd just get arrested, it was a win for Sooyoung alone, which is why she found it strange that Yoona was the one who came up with such a deal.
She had literally nothing to gain from this whole ordeal.
Sooyoung opened the door. 

"You"

"Get me the commissioner"


Yoona let out a sigh. Jessica...
She was really doing this all for her.
At first, Jessica was just a project, someone she'd observe, have fun with, play her mind games but...
Somehow she was the one who fell victim.
Yoona stopped the van. She grabbed the black bag, she pulled the shotgun out and walked towards the building.
Two security guards were on her way, they were Hyoyeon's men, she recognized them.
She shot both of them, Shot gun slung over her shoulder bag in her hand she kept walking peacefully while whistling. 
As more men kept showing up, Yoona's expression did not change and nor did she stop whistling. Shooting one, two, three, four. 
She got inside the elevator. She threw the shotgun aside, it had filled it's purpose. She was not going to go directly to Hyoyeon's office, she knew they'd be expecting her but she also knew they'd set a trap in the levels below that, but she got out of the elevator anyway, taking cover by a corner, she kept shooting the submachine gun. Whistling still, a smile now donning her face. She was quite happy as she let out a laugh as she passed several dead or dying man on the way to the stairs.
As she opened the door she shot a man coming down the stairs, poor bastard fell down all the way. Uh, that's gotta hurt. She kept going up the stairs.
As she opened the door to Hyoyeon's level...well, it seems she had run out of goons. Or not, Yoona sensed someone behind her, she pulled out her knife and stabbed him in the heart, watching slowly as the life left his eyes. She pulld the knife out and cleaned it on his jacket.

Hyoyeon was standing there in front of her desk. Trembling. Afraid.
Yoona could see she was scared. Yoon threw the machine gun aside and pulled out a 9mm. She shot one last guy that came inside, she barely looked but shot him right on the head. She glared Hyoyeon as if she was gonna eat her alive. 

"Eh, you think this is anything, I'll have reinforcements here soon"

"Oh, will you now"

"How lovely" Yoona said as she let out a laugh.

"Ahahahahahahahahahaha" She kept laughing.

"Damn, you tell some good jokes I'll tell you that"

Yoona caught her breath after her laugh. She grabbed Hyoyeon, spun her around, she Hyoyeon's hand on top of the desk and pinned it to the desk with her knife.

"Ahhh!" Hyoyeon screamed out in agony.

"Now, let's talk some serious " Yoona said as she whistled still. She grabbed sat down, looking at Hyoyeon with her hand pinned to the desk.

Hyoyeon was gonna reach for the knife.

"Ah, ah, ah, stay" 

"Unless you want to end up like your friend over there"

"Now...unframe Jessica" Yoona said.

"I'll admit, this surprised me, I didn't expect you to come back, I didn't expect you to either die or go to jail"

"For her I'd die as many times as I needed"

"Good" Hyoyeon said as she tried to pull a gun with her left hand, Yoona quickly shot her on the arm that she tried to lift.

"Told you"

"!" Hyoyeon said.

"Well, yeah" Yoona let out.

"Top drawer" Hyoyeon said.

"Thank you" Yoona grabbed the file inside the drawer. She took Hyoyeon's gun, she walked outside to the elevator, she put the file in the bag.

She texted Sooyoung. Then she broke the cellphone.
She took something from the bag and put it inside her pocket.
Yoona got back inside the office. Hyoyeon had gotten free, Hyoyeon tried to attack her but Yoona shot her leg, she fell down ridiculously.
Yoona let out a laugh.

"This is what happens when you have someone like me do the dirty work"

"You're a ing Psycho"

"Well thank you I've noticed"

"Now Miss Hyoyeon, we both need to die"

"What?"

"See, I know that your office is actually in a very structural important point of the building"

"So yeah, look, I've a present"

Yoona said as she pulled out a hand grenade.
She winked at Hyoyeon. Hyoyeon tried to get up and run, crippled towards the door.
Yoona shot her other leg. 

"We both need to die" 

Yoona sat on top of Hyoyeon's back. She was about to pull the pin when she noticed something unusual about the wall.
She looked at Hyoyeon.

"So I see"

"Stop you ing crazy , stop this, are you crazy, we're gonna die!"

"Well, time to go" Yoona said as she pulled the pin.


Sooyoung got Yoona's text.

"Now" It read.

Sooyoung got the whole of Seoul police down on that building as they were about to enter...
Boom...
Hyoyeon's office exploded, that part of the building came crashing down, no one was caught in the falling debree.
It made a whole in the asphalt. 

Yoona...had killed herself and Hyoyeon.
Sooyoung wasn't surprised, she knew that she didn't intend to come out of the building alive.
Later as police searched the building and got the civilians out an officer brought Sooyoung, Yoona's bag.
Inside, the broken cellphone and the file she took from Hyoyeon's desk. Sooyoung opened it.
Pictures...of the man hired to kill Seohyun. There were clear, statings of payment.
This cleared Jessica's name and the person who had brought Hyoyeon down was...dead.

Jessica was collapsed in front of the door still. Krystal woke up and walked up to her.

"What are you doing?"

"Waiting for her, she'll come back, she has to come back"

"What, what happened?"

"She went to Hyoyeon, she said she was gonna finish it, all of it"

"I think...I think she's not coming back" She said as she cried.

Krystal got down and hugged her sister. She prayed for Yoona.

The two sisters just sat in front of the door. Waiting for Yoona. After quite some time, the door bell rang, Jessica quickly got up and opened it, with a smile on her face.
But her smile quickly turned into a frown. It was Sooyoung.
Jessica collapsed...she cried and cried, she felt as if a part of her had been stolen.
As if she was broken and nothing else in this world could ever glue her back.
She cried. Sooyoung got down and hugged her.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry I doubted you"

"Hyoyeon's dead...Yoona is also dead"

"She...she did it all for you, you should keep that to heart"

"I'll come back later, please just...don't collapse, she wouldn't want that..." Sooyoung said as she left.

"Take care of her" Sooyoung said to Krystal.


Jessica just stayed there, motionless. She didn't even have a picture of her.
Nothing she could mourn to...only this apartment that didn't even looked like it was hers.
Nothing to mourn to...