You Can't Go

Wicked Game

 

 

 

-"Sica?" Jessica thought as Yoona disappeared once again.

And what's that talk about not letting anybody hurt her? What is Yoona thinking? Why is she saying these things, doing these things?
Deep inside Jessica knows exactly what is going on, she just doesn't want to admit it...but she knows.
Her thoughts suddenly reverted back to Sunny and to how strange she had sounded. Something was going on with her...Jessica knows it, but what could it be?
How can she possibly find out? It's just a hunch...

In the outskirts of the city, a car parked in front of a warehouse. Sunny, got out of the car with a leather duffelbag on her hand, she walked inside. The warehouse was in fact a garage, this was a chop-shop. Cars came here to get dismantled and their parts sold, or to simply be...reowned by someone else who requested that they were stolen in the first place. She could bust this whole thing with one simple call...why wasn't she doing it?
Old debts she had to pay...
She walked up the stairs to the second floor and got inside the office. She throwed the bag on top of the desk.
A swivel office chair turned around, there was a girl, in her 20's not tall mid sized, lean and quite beautiful, she was smoking, she put her cigarrete out and gave Sunny a scoffed smile. 

-"Is this all of it?" She asked as she looked at her.

-"Yes" Sunny answered.

-"Now don't call me anymore" Sunny said.

-"You know it's not that simple" The girl said.

-"Miryo..." Sunny said.

-"You have to pay...that was the deal" She said.

-"I don't mind you get your cut, you can well disappear by me...."

-"I already paid everything I had to pay!" Sunny said as she punched the desk.

-"No, you didn't! I decide when you don't have anything else to pay" Miryo said as she got up.

-"Now...go and bring the rest to me, keep something for yourself to get out of my sight afterwards" Miryo said.

-"And don't even think of calling your dear friend, Jung" Miryo said as Sunny was leaving.

Sunny hit the door on her way out. She kicked the metal railing out of frustration...
How had she gotten into thie mess, how had this happened? 
A few years ago...okay, a lot of years ago, when Sunny was just 18 she ran away from home, she got together with Miryo and her crew for a while, she still had no intention of becoming a cop...but she became a snitch for the cops. She told them all about the group's operation and how it ran. Got Miryo's crew in the jail for a couple of years and dismantled her operation. Sunny felt so good about it, that feeling is what made her become a cop. But now, Miryo had got out of jail and she was determined to saught out revenge on Sunny for her actions and her revenge was...to get the money that was aprehended by that bust years ago.
Sunny got inside her car and sighed heavily...she could...just kill Miryo...


It was morning, Jessica's arm was still by her neck but she had already gotten up, she put on her clothes and left.

-"Excuse me miss, you can't leave yet" The nurse said to her.

-"Lady...I'm a detective, that means I have some detecting to do, so if you excuse me" Jessica said as she was about to get inside the elevator.

Suddenly a sharp pain came to her ear, which was in fact being pulled by Sooyoung.

-"Where are you going now missy?" Sooyoung said.

-"To the station" Jessica said.

-"I know you weren't but that's okay..." Sooyoung said.

-"That face...we're both thinking of the same" Jessica said as she looked at Sooyoung.

-"In fact...you are thinking about it I already know it" Sooyoung said.

-"Read this" Sooyoung said as she gave the file to Jessica.

Jessica read the words inside that file carefully and then looked at Sooyoung...

-"Is this true?" Jessica asked.

-"I think so, she already helped us bust them once" Sooyoung said.

-"This makes no sense, there has to be something else, if Miryo is back, there has to be something" Jessica said.

-"Sunny, when she came to visit me at the hospital, it felt like she had something to tell me" She said.

-"Could she be trying to warn me? Hint me?" Jessica said.

Sooyoung shrugged.

Jessica looked at the file then back at Sooyoung.
She opened her eyes in surprise...

-"Get me a car" Jessica said.

-"How will you drive?" Sooyoung said as she looked at Jessica's arm.

-"I'll manage" Jessica said.

Sooyoung throwed her the keys and she left running. Although she could go with Jessica, she saw in her look that where she was going, she had to go alone.
If they wanted Sunny back at least...
Jessica picked up speed through the traffic of the city. She went to an apartment complex on the outer edge of the city. She opend the glove box of Sooyoung's car, she never changes, always carrying a weapon here...she got out of the car and got inside the building. She went inside the elevator and pressed the button. 
She got out and took point with her left arm, her right still across her chest. She walked to one of the doors. She saw that it was mildly open, she kicked it slowly open and walked inside the apartment. As she got inside the living room...she understood. Miryo laid down on the floor, a hole between her eyes. She looked at the window across the living room. Sunny was looking through it, a gun on her lifeless hand, she pointed it towards her temple.

-"No!" Jessica said.

Sunny turned around and looked at Jessica who was still taking point with a shaking arm.
Sunny smiled.

-"You don't have to do this" Jessica said tears threatening to fall from her eyes.

-"I knew you'd find me" Sunny said.

-"We can cover it up..." Jessica said assured.

-"No...we can't, I don't want to...I already called the cops" Sunny said lifelessly.

-"Weird huh...we're the cops" Sunny said as she smiled a hollow smile.

-"No, Sunny, don't do this...please" Jessica said as she walked up to Sunny, she grabbed the gun in her hand.

-"They will be after me..." Sunny said.

-"Run..." Jessica said as she throwed Sunny's gun on the floor and looked out the window.

She only heard as Sunny's steps got farther and farther...not turning around to look at her now...former friend.
Jessica looked at Miryo's body. She walked out of the apartment and downstairs. She called Sooyoung and she unexpectedly called...Yoona.

-"I know Detective...she's such a traitor...how could she do that to you" Yoona said as she answered.

Jessica was surprised by Yoona's words.

-"How did you...?" Jessica was saying.

-"Know? Well it was easy, once you keep a little eye on every group on this city" Yoona said.

-"Miryo had given me trouble a couple of years ago...let's just say...I was hoping for my revenge and your friend did it for me" Yoona said as she let out a laugh.

-"Still...I'm sorry this means you'll be hurt...again" Yoona said.

-"Where are you and what are you doing? There's a weird sound on the background" Jessica asked a bit lifelessly, she couldn't understand why she was calling her, but it made her feel better.

-"Driving" Yoona said.

-"So, what will you do now Detective? Knowing you, you probably gave her a headstart" Yoona said.

-"I don't know" Jessica said.

-"I hear sirens, Ms. Choi will be there...see you" Yoona said as she hung up.

Yoona smiled as she put a brick on the forklift's accelerator. The forklift went forward on its own and crashed against a gas tank behind the same warehouse Sunny had visited earlier...except this time...everyone was dead...the gas tank exploded as Yoona skipped down the street like a little girl on spring. Humming to I'm Singing In The Rain.

Sooyoung looked at Jessica, she avoided her gaze and looked to the side.

-"You let her go...didn't you?" Sooyoung asked.

-"N-yes" Jessica answered.

-"Do you know where she went?" Sooyoung asked.

-"Now...I don't. Miryo is dead upstairs with a bullet to the head...Sunny's gun is also there. Her prints are on it, she had no gloves" Jessica said.

-"We can't save her..." Jessica said as she looked at Sooyoung.

Sooyoung looked at Jessica for a while before calling an officer.

-"I want you to put up an alert for Lee Sunkyu, pictures of her are back at HQ, I want a picture of her everywhere, I want her name, everywhere" Sooyoung said.


Tiffany had left the office early today, and she couldn't believe what she had just heard on the radio...Lee Sunkyu? Wasn't that Jessica's former partner?
She was so nice, how could she be wanted? Wasn't she a cop?
Tiffany opened her door and came inside her house, she went to the kitchen where she was surprised...

-"Ah!" She let out as she saw Sunny sitting on the kitchen table.

-"Hello" She let out.

-"What are you doing here?" Tiffany asked.

-"Where's Jessica?" Sunny asked.

-"She's...not here anymore. I separated from her, you know that" Tiffany said.

-"I'm...not thinking straight right now" Sunny said.

-"Get Jessica..." Sunny said.

Tiffany grabbed her phone and dialed
Jessica was driving back to her house when she looked at the phone. It was Tiffany.

-"Hello baby" Jessica said with a smile.

-"Jessi...it's Sunny" Tiffany said slowly.

Jessica opened her eyes in surprise...
She made a U turn and drove as fast as she could.