Spirited Away

Wicked Game

 

 

 

Jessica now living in a small unit, was sleeping soundly. If you looked at her in such a state you wouldn't even be able to tell she was a chronic workaholic. Well, that's until she suddenly got up and looked at the clock. The time was 5:30 AM but there she was getting out of bed and into the bathroom, to prepare herself to go to work. Jessica got out of the bathroom, she put on her clothes and left the unit. She drove to the station and went inside.
She reviewed the case files for Kwon Yuri's murder. She looked through everything and anything there was about the murder. She still couldn't find proof that Yoona did it. She thought and thought but nothing came to mind. If she didn't kept the murder weapon...where the hell is it then? 
Suddenly someone called Jessica.

-"Boss" Seohyun said.

-"We have an homicide" She said.

Jessica looked at the case files in her hand and back at Seohyun. Guess Yoona would have to wait.
Jessica got inside the car with Seohyun. 
They went to a park downtown. An rather curious location for a murder. Jessica got out of the car and looked around.

-"I know boss...it's...downtown. Someone must've seen it no?" Seohyun said.

-"I guess we'll go find out" Jessica said.

Jessica and Seohyun walked inside the park. On the grass Sooyoung stood, she waved at them and signaled them to get closer.

-"Well what've we got?" Jessica asked.

-"Lee Sooyeong, 23, student at Seoul's National University" Sooyoung said.

-"A jogger found her like this just an hour or two ago" Sooyoung said.

The body of the girl laid down perfectly on her back on the grass, above her head was her own handbag for what it seemed and above the handbag, the contents of it seemed to be scattered as if some kind of ritual. Her shoes were also removed and put together as display in front of her feet.

Jessica raised an eyebrow.

-"Clearly ritualistic" Jessica said.

 

She analyzed everything from top to bottom. She looked at Sooyoung seriously.

-"I think we have a problem..." Jessica said.

-"What is it?" Sooyoung said.

-"I think we're dealing with a sadistic ritual murderer" Jessica said.

-"Bad news?" Sooyoung said.

-"This is his first time...but, I don't think it will be his last" Jessica said.

-"Detective are you telling me that we have a serial killer in our hands?" Sooyoung said.

-"I think so" Jessica said.

-"Damm it" Sooyoung said.
 

-"Look, let's go back to the station for now, put together some pieces...we might just find something" Sooyoung said.


Tiffany said goodbye to Taeyeon and left for work. She drove to her workplace. Unknown to her, someone was following her.
She parked the car at the car park a block away from her work and got out of the car. She walked. Someone still following her all the way. She still hadn't noticed.
Just past the corner and Tiffany would be on her work and probably safe. 

Suddenly an arm grabbed her and pulled her into an alley. Her face not facing the captor but the wall.
The captor was...Yoona.

-"Shh, Shh" Yoona ushed her.

-"You speak you die" Yoona said.

-"Do you still love Jessica Jung?" Yoona asked.

-"What?!" Tiffany let out.

-"Forget that, do me a favor will you? Go upstairs, without preferably telling no one about our little meet here and call Jessica" Yoona said.

-"Tell your beloved how I have mistreated you and tortured you" Yoona said sarcastically as she left.

Tiffany ran out of the alley and into the building.

Jessica was sitting in her office, now looking at the pictures of the murder from this morning and not Yuri's.
She was obviously gathering her thoughts when the phone rang. Annoyed she slowly picked up.
Tiffany was on the line.

-"What the hell is happening?!" Jessica said.

-"Someone just threatened my life, that's what's happening" Tiffany said nervously.

-"She told me to call you and tell you..." Tiffany said.

-"Is everything okay Jessie?" Tiffany asked.

-"Yeah, everything is...fine and I will solve that small issue. Right away" Jessica said.

-"Small Issue? I was just kidnapped!" Tiffany said.

Jessica hung up the phone.

 

-"Boss" Seohyun said as she came inside her office.

-"What's wrong?" Jessica said.

-"We have to go, to the morgue" Seohyun said.

-"Oh...what does Hyoyeon want now?" Jessica said.

-"Autopsy?" Seohyun asked.

-"Right" Jessica said.

-"Are you okay boss?" Seohyun said.

 

-"I'm...fine" Jessica said as she got up and went with Seohyun.

The truth is tht after what Tiffany just told her about being, kidnapped, or aboarded, she could only think of one person really...Yoona, she was the only one who would do such a thing.

 

Jessica and Seohyun entered the morgue, it was a bit of a sinister place. Kim Hyoyeon ran the place. 

-"So, what've you got for me?" Jessica asked Hyoyeon.

-"Hello to you as well detective" Hyoyeon said.

-"She has no struggle marks, she seems to have been put to sleep with cloroform though, found trace of it" Hyoyeon said.

-"She was also ually assaulted while unconscious" Hyoyeon said.

-"Cause of death?" Jessica asked.

-"Asfixiation" Hyoyeon said.

 

-"Who ever did it, did it barehandedly, I tried to scoop for prints but nothing came, probably used gloves.

 

-"Okay...anything else?" Jessica said.

 

-"No. Jessica, Tiffany told me what happened, are you sure everything is okay?" Hyoyeon said.

-"Everything's fine" Jessica said.

They came outside.

-"Seohyun go back to the station alone...I feel like walking a bit" Jessica said.

-"Okay boss" Seohyun said.

Jessica grabbed her phone and called Yoona. She kept her contact...just in case.

Yoona was inside her apartment. Only in her underwear she sat on a chair by the big view window of her living room.

-"Detective" Yoona said mischievously.

-"What did I tell you about Tiffany, Yoona?" Jessica said seriously, she was in no mood for games.

-"You told me, NOT, to involve her" Yoona said as she smiled.

-"Then why did you ****ing take her all of a sudden in a street?!" Jessica said.

-"I needed to talk to you detective, she was the means to contact you" Yoona said sarcastically.

-"You could've just called! Also leave me alone!" Jessica screamed and hung up.

Yoona looked at the city landscape.
She laughed a crazed laugh.

-"Why? You're so interesting detective..." Yoona said as she put her fingers to her lips.

 

Jessica kicked a small trash can by a post.

-"Aish!" She let out.

People on the street stared at her.

 

Jessica walked back to the station.
She forgot Yoona's case for now and concentrated in the new case at hand. Who the hell was this guy? Where was he? Two questions she wanted to answer quickly. Jessica sat in her office and looked through the case files.

Yoona walked inside a hospital. She walked calmly with a smile on her face through the corridors. In front of one of the rooms was a guarding police officer.
She came closer, quickly earning a suspicion look from the officer. She looked through the window and inside the room. A man was laying down on the bed. It appeared that life support was keeping him alive. A doctor was leaving the room. Yoona approached him.

-"Excuse me doctor" Yoona said.

-"Is he going to get better?" Yoona asked with a smile.

-"Are you family? Maybe the police?" The doctor asked.

-"Neither, prosecution actually, I came on an errand from Tiffany Hwang?" Yoona said.

-"Ah! Prosecutor Hwang has been here before, well, you can tell her that it seems like he is improving" The doctor said.

-"He should be waking up in a day or two" He said.

Yoona looked at him.

-"Well that's not good is it?" Yoona muttered.

-"What did you say?" The doctor asked.

-"Oh, nothing" Yoona said as she left.

-"Thank you for your help" Yoona said.

 

 

Night was setting throughout the city and the night lights were becoming brighter and brighter. Still Jessica hadn't found anything about the guy all day. He was clearly a ritualist of some kind, he displayed the objects of the victims. But...the handbag seemed to be the main point. Why? Some kind of ?

Tiffany and Taeyeon were just coming home for their movie night. As Taeyeon was about to unlock the door, it was open...
She pushed it and the door opened up. They both threaded inside carefully.
Yoona was inside, she was stiting on a chair by the dinning table a glass of wine in front of her and her legs streched out and on top of the table.

-"What the hell are you doing in my house?!" Tiffany said.

-"Well, miss prosecutor, I have some questions, they're just for you, not for...the ruiner of homes there" Yoona said as she pointed to Taeyeon.

-"What?!" Taeyeon said surprised at the girl.

-"Please miss, Hwang, if you answer my questions I'll be long gone, even before you notice me" Yoona said.

-"Oh, and here's the money for your door, you should get those locks fixed, probably" Yoona said as she laughed.

-"What are you?" Tiffany asked.

-"Well your girlfriend, and no I'm not referring to the hobbit you have brought with you called me narcissistic psycopath *****" Yoona said as she smiled.

-"So, I believe that's the best way to think of me, you can call me Yoona though" She said.

-"Please miss Hwang, sit, have a glass of wine" Yoona said as she pointed towards the chair in front of her.

-"Your voice...you're the one who aboarded me on the street today" Tiffany said.

-"She did what now?!" Taeyeon suddenly said.

-"Little hobbit why don't you go to the bedroom and wait? Hum?" Yoona said as she looked at Taeyeon.

Tiffany signaled Taeyeon to go and leave them alone.

-"Yes it was in fact me who did it, I didn't intend to harm you, only to send a message to our beloved detective" Yoona said ironically.

-"You used me to get to Jessi?" Tiffany said.

-"Oh c'mon, miss Hwang you disappoint me, you're a prosecutor, you should understand how the game works" Yoona said.

 

-"Now, please, just answer my questions" Yoona said as she looked at Tiffany in the eye.

-"You're completly insane aren't you?" Tiffany asked.

-"Not insane, that's not the right word, you're offending me..." Yoona said as she got up for a bit. She walked to the kitchen and came back.

-"Believe me...I don't like being...Offended!" Yoona said as she stabbed a knife through the table and sat back on her seat. A smile across her face.

-"Now, please...the questions" Yoona said.

-"Okay, okay" Tiffany said.

-"Why did you leave Jessica? Why did you cheat on her? Why did you even got together with her in the first place?" Yoona asked.

-"What?! You came here to ask about me and Jessi?" Tiffany asked.

-"Let's just say...the detective is, my new hobby" Yoona said as she sipped the wine.

 

-"Why did I leave her? Because, I had lost her long ago, to work, she only concerns herself about it, she...between me and her work, work always came first" Tiffany said.

-"In the beginning I was trying to understand, I tried, I endured it much longer than you think, then came the nights where you aren't certain if she's coming back or if you're going to have two officers coming to your doorstep to tell you the news" Tiffany said.

-"I didn't cheat on her, it ended, after the incident with Lee Min Ho, Jessica just somehow kept her hopes up" Tiffany said as she looked down.

-"I got together with her because, it was love. We used to be friends but...I realized I can't live without her" Tiffany said.

-"You said can't, you said...can't, miss Hwang, care to explain? Do you still love the detective?" Yoona said.

-"..." Tiffany didn't answer.

-"Oh come on, the hobbit isn't here" Yoona said.

-"Yes" Tiffany said,

-"I see, I like you miss Hwang, I really do. Jessica made the right choice, being with you" Yoona said as she got up.

-"I shall bother you no longer" Yoona said as she left the house.

 

 

 

-"Seohyun!" Jessica called.

-"Yes boss?" Seohyun said as she entered her office.

-"I found out who the killer may be, who's the only person she would've trusted in the middle of the night without concern?" Jessica said.

-"A cop?" Seohyun said.

-"Well that too, but what else? Think about it" Jessica said.

-"I don't know, a bus driver?" Seohyun said randomly.

-"Close...but no. It's a cab driver. I think it's a cab driver" Jessica said.

-"It's the only explanation for what happened" Jessica said.

-"I want you to call the cab service and look up who passed on the streets adjacent to the park, then cross it with criminal records and our database" Jessica said.

 

-"Also get me some CCTV from banks and other businesses closer to the crime scene" Jessica said.

 

-"Sure boss" Seohyun said as she left.

Jessica's phone rang.
She picked it up.

-"Hello detective" Yoona said.

-"You again?" Jessica said.

-"Guess what detective...me again" Yoona sarcastically said.

-"What do you want?" Jessica asked.

-"Nothing detective, I wanted to inform you that I have visited your ex girlfriend, she could well be your wife, considering the time you've been together" Yoona said as she looked at a picture of Tiffany and Jessica hugging each other and smiling happily for the camera.

-"You two looked good together" Yoona said.

-"What the **** did you just say? Did you went to Tiffany's house?" Jessica asked.

-"Well, I think you can guess more or less what happened? No? No, don't think about that detective, she's alive and well, don't worry, so is the hobbit, for much that I wanted to kill that one. I just asked her some questions" Yoona said as she laughed.

-"What?! That's ****ing trespassing!" Jessica said angered.

 

-"Oh calm down detective, I just asked her why she left you, why she cheated on you, why did she love you, if she still loves you" Yoona said.

 

-"You know, that kind of girl talk you probably didn't have much considering you played in a soccer team and would rather be doing that than playing with the barbies" Yoona said.

Jessica calmed down, if she didn't, she knew that she was only making Yoona more happy to see her game working.

-"Well I've never liked blondes" Jessica said.

-"Really? When you were one yourself?" Yoona said.

-"What?" Jessica said.

-"We all remember the you from 2 years ago, blondie...." Yoona said.

 

-"Oh detective, detective, what? Trying to calm yourself down and play my game? This is a game you can't win detective" Yoona said.

-"Stay the hell away from my life!" Jessica screamed as she kicked the file cabinet. Everyone was startled.

Sooyoung heard the screaming and came inside Jessica's office.

-"Why get so irritated? I'm gonna hang up now, miss Sooyoung is probably there" Yoona said as she hung up.

Yoona looked at the phone and laughed.
She rolled on the ground laughing.

 

-"I knew you'd make a good project detective"