Chapter 24: Breaking the news

Pure hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You dialed in Minjung’s number as you sat on your bed and sighed. Who would have thought things was going to end up like this. With this sudden news that came, you didn’t have time to think about the problem between you and Jungkook. Your “like” problem to be exact. After a few rings, Minjung picked up.

“Hello?”

“Hey Minjung.” You sighed again. “Can you get the girls and meet me at our usual place at 8pm later? I’ll book the room.”

“Wait, first answer my question. Why didn’t you come to school today? Are you not feeling well? We’ve been all worried about you.” Minjung whispered as she was in class.

“I’ll tell you when we meet okay? I’m not sick. Don’t worry. See ya later.” You quickly ended the conversation, not wanting to explain more over the phone.

“Oh.. er okay. You want me to get the guys too?”

“No!” You practically screamed into the phone. “erm I mean the boys must be tired with their schedules. They’re all idols after all.”

“Mmm. Okay. Bye! See ya later!” With that, she hung up.

You stood up with another sigh and started packing your things. You weren’t moving out of your house for good so there was no need for any massive packing. You were only going to be gone until your mother settle downs and successfully find a stable job.

You dump all your clothes into the luggage bag. Not even bothering to fold them nicely or anything. It was just a stay at your grandma’s house anyways. Although you have no idea how soon you will be coming back. Not less than half a year that’s for sure. Especially with the strong competitors in the working industries it was sure difficult for your mother to find a job. Your mother had even finished the procedure for your school transfer. Throwing in the last of the things you would need, you zipped up the luggage and set it somewhere in the room, not obstructing your walkway.

You jumped onto your bed and closed your eyes. Just then, your stomached called out and you furrowed your brows. That was when you realised that you hadn’t eaten since you woke up and it was already 3 in the afternoon. You sat up and lazily put on your slippers. Dragging your feet, you made way to the kitchen and made yourself some instant noodles.

“MUM! YOU WANT SOME NOODLES?” You shouted from the kitchen, waiting for a respond.

When it was quiet after a minute or two, you walked around your house looking for you mother. “Mum?” You called out whenever you entered a different room. Your mother was nowhere seen. You picked up your phone and texted you mum asking about her whereabouts. Placing down the device, you picked up the seasoning for the noodle and poured it into the boiling water.

Buzz

You turn around to the dining table to see your phone lit up with a light buzz.

From: Mum

Message: Mum’s out to settle some stuff. Will be back late, don’t wait for me.

You punched in your reply and placed down your phone again. Waiting impatiently for the noodle to cook, you supported your weight on one leg and shook the other with your hands at your hips. Finally, after 5 minutes the noodles were done. You lifted the pot by its handles and placed it down on the coaster that was on the coffee table in front of the television. Skilfully with your feet, you dragged the television remote closer to you and switched on the television as you blew at your noodles.

 

You straighten your skirt as you walked into the karaoke room. You were unsure of how to break the news to the girls. It was such a short notice and she was sure to miss them. You sat alone in the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter