Chapter 12: It's war

Pure hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Reluctantly, Taehyung ended up dragged out of the apartment by his friend along with the rest. He didn’t want to leave. He hated what he saw. He wanted so much to break them apart. He wanted to make Jungkook disappear. He wanted you to look at him and only him. He was mad, no, angry, disappointed, disappointed at himself. He regretted everything. If he had stayed after he kissed you at that bench. If only he had rushed back to the sickbay to take care of you before Jungkook did. If only he had walked towards you and asked to sit on the sofa first. If he had only. If. Taehyung had all the ‘if’s running through his head and he thought of every possibility and chances that he had missed to get close to you, to convey his feelings to you. To let you know his love for you, not as a friend but as a man.

It was silent during the ride back to their dorms. Jin and Yoongi had fallen asleep, with Yoongi cuddling beside him like a little puppy at the back sit. Hosoeok was listening to music beside the driver, slowly also falling asleep bobbing his head. Jimin was busy texting Minjung as usual and Taehyung was just staring out the window. He watched as the trees passed by and imagined them as the chances that he had missed. He let out a sigh and plugged in as he let his eyelid fall. Jimin seem to notice his troubled friend but chose to ignore since he was always in deep thoughts.

Just one day, if I can be with you

Just one day, if I can hold your hand

Just one day, if I can be with you

Just one day

You shivered in the night as the flu attacked you and you started cold sweat broke out. Feeling your shiver, Jungkook pulled you closer and embraced you. He would your hair and comfort you every time you muttered something because you felt uncomfortable from the cold. You press your face more onto Jungkook’s chest. Dum…dumdum…dumdum…. Half awake, you opened your eye slightly hearing a heartbeat. You froze. You didn’t know what to do. You didn’t know why Jungkook was here. Most importantly, you didn’t know why both of you were in each other’s embraces, on the same bed! Jungkook didn’t seem to notice that you were awake as he continued to your hair, sometimes playing with a few strands. Your face started heating up as you glanced up at Jungkook’s face which was only inches away from yours. Your heart started to beat faster and you told yourself to move away, afraid that he might hear your racing heartbeat. However, your body doesn’t seem to budge. It’s like your ears were attracted to the sound of his heartbeat which was calm and soothing. You leaned in and closed your eyes again, enjoying the sound of his heartbeat. Together with his heartbeat, your heart began to calm down. You fell asleep listening to the sound of his heartbeat, enjoying the warmth in his embrace.

Seeing that you have stopped shivering and sweating, Jungkook turned his head slightly to check on the time. It was 2am and he knew he was already late. He would love to stay in your embrace but he had dance practice the next day early in the morning. Putting some space between you, Jungkook pulled some hair covering your face behind your ear. He stared at your cute sleeping face and smiled. He had no idea what made him smile but just by looking at your small features, he had butterflies in his stomach. He leaned in and gave you a peck on your nose causing you to wriggle it also frown slightly. He chuckled softly at your reaction. Looking at your curved eyebrows, he used his index finger and started it softly. Your muscles relaxed and your brows straightened out. Get well soon. He whispered and gave you another peck on your forehead.

Swiftly, but lightly, he slid out his arm under your head and replaced it with the pillow. Lifting your arms that trapped him, he slowly slid out of our arms and gave you another pillow to hug. Tucking you in, he patted your bangs and smiled. Taking light steps, he carefully left your apartment and closed the door softly to avoid waking you up. With a wide smile, he skipped to the lift. Jungkook hummed a happy tune as he travelled down the lift but was interrupted by his ringtone. He pulled out his phone and he was slightly shocked to see that name appearing on his phone. Not that they were on bad terms, but normally Taehyung would text him instead of calling him. Hitting the green button without looking, Jungkook pressed his phone against his ear.

J: Hello

T: Hello Jungkook-ah, where are you?

J: I’m coming back now hyung.

T: Okay. How’s Hyejin? She feeling better?

J: Yeah. I left after she stopped shivering and sweating.

T: That’s good. Quickly come back, we have practice tomorrow morning.

J: Okay hyung, you should get some sleep now. Bye.

Taehyung’s tone was unusually cold but Jungkook brushed it off thinking that his hyung must be feeling tired. Reaching the main road, Jungkook halted a taxi and hopped on. He wanted to rush back to the dorm as fast as possible since it was already very late and that his hyung actually called. Reaching their dorm, Jungkook handed the driver th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter