Chapter 11: Hug X Kisses

Pure hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You could hear people running around and you felt a cool breeze. Someone sat down beside you and started to your bangs. You squint as the sunlight shone upon your face and opened your eyes slightly, only to find someone a few inches in front of you. He planted his soft lips on yours. Taken aback, you froze and your eyes grew wide. It was Taehyung. Leaning away, he gave you a smile and walked away.

You sat up immediately and attempted to lift your right arm to rub your eyes, but there was a weight holding it down. You turned to look and saw Jungkook and realized it was a dream.  You had gradually fallen asleep when the guys left. Looking at the time, you tapped Jungkook on his shoulder waking him up.

Jungkook groan and sat up, rubbing his eyes like a little boy. A small smile carved on your face.

“You awake?” You greeted Jungkook as he turned to look at you with his innocent face. You had to admit there was no reason to dislike this cute little thing.

“Yeah…” his voice was still unclear from his nap. “How are you feeling? Better? Do you need to rest more?” he asked.

“I’m feeling a lot better. Thank you.” You sounded like an older sister because of how Jungkook was acting.

Jungkook smiled and helped you up. He collected your both bags and went outside for you to get ready. With the support of the bed, you got off the bed and slipped on your shoes. Jungkook insisted to carry your bag for you and to walk you home and you just let him. You weren’t too sure if you could make it home yourself anyways. With one hand, Jungkook carried the bags and with the other he wrapped his arm around your shoulders to support you. There was no talking along the way home but you somehow felt safe and comfortable with Jungkook. Jungkook helped you upstairs into your room and laid you down on your bed. He got a towel and wiped off your cold sweat. He then fed you flu medicine and began to sing a lullaby when he saw how uncomfortable you were. You couldn’t fall asleep because of the dream that you had. You kept thinking of it and the look in Taehyung’s eyes when he visited you at the sick bay flashed by. You were confused. You didn’t understand what Taehyung was thinking and you couldn’t understand the dream either. Slowly, with the effect of the medicine and Jungkook’s lullaby, you were falling asleep. Moments before you fell asleep, you heard a soft whisper.

“I think I’m starting to fall in love with you.”

A peck on your forehead ended it and you fell into deep sleep.

The sunlight shone into your room through the window and directly onto your face. Believe it or not, it was as though your bed was position to have the sunlight hitting onto your face every morning. You squint and used your hand to block the sunlight. With the other hand, you supported your body and sat up, finding yourself still in your school uniform. *So it wasn’t a dream huh.* you thought and quickly gathered some clean clothing and headed into the bathroom.

*If it wasn’t a dream… then did Jungkook confessed to me when I was sleeping? It can’t be… there’s no way he would like me. I’m just an ordinary girl and he’s a star! Ayee, no way that would happen. But then, that whisper must be real. I heard it loud and clear! Since the room was so quiet… or did I misheard it for something else? Was he saying something about dancing? Love Ring**? What? Was he on the phone? Even if I misheard it, don’t tell me that peck on my forehead wasn’t real. I’m sure I felt it. Or maybe it was just his hand. Ha… Ha… that must be it. There’s no way he would like me. What am I thinking seriously. Sung Hye Jin! Snap out of it! He’s an idol, why would he like you? Then what about the dream? Taehyung oppa? What? Urgh!! Stop thinking! Stop thinking!*

**Note: “I think I’m starting to fall in love with you”- you = dangsin (misheard as dancing), falling in love = salang-e ppajineun (misheard as “Love ring” in Korean) and since you were trying hard to convince yourself that you misheard it, it can be a little exaggerated with the mishearing.

Shaking off your thoughts, you quickly finish up and came out of the bathroom feeling refreshed. Just when you were drying your hair, the doorbell rang. You ignored it as you expected your mum to handle it when it struck you. You mum was away on a business trip and won’t be ba

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter