New Beginnings

Bring Dat Sound (Hiatus for now)

Chapter 1

Kyungsoo took a deep breath as he gazed at the building. S.M.'s School of the Fine Arts. The school that Kyungsoo will be staying at to fulfill his dream of becoming a singer. 

All his life, people have said his dream could never be achieved. But if only they could see him now. He always had the support of his parents and sister, and that was all that he needed. Now, he was on his way to gaining that dream.

He had started to walk to the front door when he felt someone bump into him. He turned around and saw a boy who had brown hair and eyes. 

"Oh! I'm sorry. I wasn't paying attention to where I was going." He bowed in apology and Kyungsoo smiled.

"It's okay. It happens to everyone. I'm Do Kyungsoo." He held out his hand and the boy took it and they shook hands.

"Byun Baekhyun. It's my first year here. Yours?" Kyungsoo nodded.

"Is it that obvious? What are you majoring in?"

"Singing. You?"

"Same." Baekhyun smiled.

"Cool! Maybe we can train and practice together."

"I'd like that." 

The two boys then continued to the front desk. As they did they made small talk. Both had learned about each other's dreams, likes, and dislikes. Kyungsoo learned about Baekhyun's brother, Baekbom. Baekhyun learned about Kyungsoo's love for his parents and sister. He was a little jealous, but he pushed the envy down. He didn't want to risk breaking up the new friendship. It's been so long since Baekhyun had spoke to anyone other than his brother. It was nice for a change, and Kyungsoo seemed cool. 

Kyungsoo felt the same. The only people he really spoke to were his parents and sister. He hasn't really had any friends. Maybe playmates in Kindergarten, but they weren't true friends. Maybe that will change.

They reached the front desk and got their uniforms, schedules, and room numbers. They were a little disappointed that they weren't roommates. They hoped their roommates would be kind to them. The two boys then realized that their dorm rooms were side-by-side, so at least both of them were near someone they already know. 

Kyungsoo reached his first, Room 100. He was about to knock, but he heard coming from inside.

"Oh~ Kai!" Kyungsoo quickly pulled his hand away, and gave Baekhyun a disgusted look. Baekhyun had the same expression on his face.

"Seriously?! School hasn't even started yet! I feel bad for you," he said.

"I feel bad for myself. Do you mind if I come into yours till they are done?" Baek shook his head.

"Of course not! Come in." Kyungsoo dragged his luggage into his friend's room and sat down on the bed without covers. Baekhyun began to unpack his own suitcase.

"Do you need some help, Baek?" Kyungsoo asked.  Baekhyun froze and turned toward Kyungsoo.

"Baek...?" Kyungsoo gave a shy smile and blushed a little.

"Just a small nickname for you...I guess." Baekhyun smiled and giggled.

"Fine, but I have to come up with one for you." Kyungsoo smiled back and laughed.

"What nickname?" Baek paused and seemed deep in thought.

"Hmm...I know! How about Soo?" Kyungsoo thought about it, and nodded.

"Soo...I like the sound of that." Baekhyun was about to say something, but then the door opened. In the doorway was a tall boy, so tall that Baek thought he was a giant.

"Hello...sorry to be rude, but who are you?" asked the stranger.

"Oh...uh...annyeonghasyo. I'm Byun Baekhyun and if this is your room then I think we are roommates."

"Oh, annyeonghaseyo. My name is Park Chanyeol." Chanyeol turned to Kyungsoo and asked, "And you are...?"

"Oh, sorry! Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Do Kyungsoo. I am in the room beside this one, but I think my roommate is busy."

"Oh, Kai? Yeah...sorry about that. He's always like that. Stay as long as you want."

"Thank you." Kyungsoo smiled, his mouth forming a heart. 

 The three boys spent their time getting to know each other. Chanyeol seemed like a nice guy, but when Kyungsoo learned that he's friends with Kai, he decided to not get too close to him. Kyungsoo never really liked players. He didn't have to deal with one directly, but he's seen the girls' and boys' hearts getting broken because they were being played and stringed along. So he stayed clear of them and people who were associated with the players. 

Baekhyun, on the hand, was totally smitten by Chanyeol. Everything the giant did nearly caused Baekhyun to swoon. He loved Chanyeol's laugh, his smile...pretty much everything about him.

 It was around midnight when the and thumping had stopped. They heard the door next door open and close. Kyungsoo decided to go to his own room to meet his roommate and to sleep. He said goodnight to Baek and Chanyeol and left their room. He hesitated at the door to his own. Before he could knock, the door opened...

~~~

​Hope you enjoyed this chapter :)

Comments and subscribers appreciated^^

Until the next chapter xD